Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Hamann X6M

Hope this isnt a repost! I thought the X6M is the best truck in the world. Then i saw what Schnitzer did when they got thier hands on one. Now Hamann has thiers, surely THIS one cant be beaten!

Clicky

Hope this isnt a repost! I thought the X6M is the best truck in the world. Then i saw what Schnitzer did when they got thier hands on one. Now Hamann has thiers, surely THIS one cant be beaten!

Clicky

That looks mean at the front but the back on those X6's is rubbish.

IMO, I really can't understand why they made them. They're not practical, they aren't the best looking from the rear & who really needs a SAV that is a coupe? Boot is high to get into e.t.c., I could go on all day lol :) I guess they cover "THAT" market well because there's nothing else really in it's class & only the Germans could pull it off making something tall that handles well. Otherwise I just don't see the need to own one in the real world.

IMO, I really can't understand why they made them. They're not practical, they aren't the best looking from the rear & who really needs a SAV that is a coupe? Boot is high to get into e.t.c., I could go on all day lol :) I guess they cover "THAT" market well because there's nothing else really in it's class & only the Germans could pull it off making something tall that handles well. Otherwise I just don't see the need to own one in the real world.

I agree. The arse end looks like a Z4 coupe but much bigger.

Edited by Nick021

Yes the back end is a little hash, it should be the best looking bit because its all most cars will see when it pulls away lol. Dam its quick! i want one in white thanks

For the extra seat & better looks just get the X5 SD Twin Turbo? I can't see the X6 noticeably handling better? I rekon the re-sale of the X6 will drop right out the ass because of them being a 4 seater.

To Be honest is you want a quick, good handling SUV and some coin left over. The Jeep SRT8, 6.1 Hemi 15l/100kms 4.8secs to 100 and a Cayenne GTS won't beat it to 100. If you can pay for the gas and get over the build quality difference nothing will touch it thats that high up off to road.

For another 3500 USD you can get a blower for it and proven it gets to 100 in 3.3 secs that 430 Scuderia Speed.

Put it in YouTube and you can see it beat C63 AMGs off the line and Ml63s its incredibly fast and not a crappy america truck. Clarkson tested it and said he didn't want to give it back few years back in the Top Gear Mag.

Wish one was around 45k somewhere cause dad likes them but not as much as the 04 X5s =(

There was one for sale in Oamaru/Timaru a little while ago for about 50grand, they're good looking & they suit that middle rear exhaust, only question I ask is where does the tow bar go haha? Only thing I don't like is the interior on them.

It claims 15l but I bet you'd be looking at 20l & I duuno about you guys but I'd get pretty damned sick of that if it was your daily driver. Which works out to be about 35 bucks per 100km, I do say 500km a week so say about 175-200 a week in fuel & for arguments sake 800 notes a month ROFL. Still like it? I haven't purchased a car YET that lives up to it's claims, I'm always about 2-3l extra, although on my 3.0d I'm doing about 10.8 at the moment.

Worst car I ever owned was a P38 Range Rover 4.6HSE I was averaging about 22-25litres per 100km & that was when it was working of course because it was at the shop most of the time as with all Land Rovers!

Edited by Clinton

There was one for sale in Oamaru/Timaru a little while ago for about 50grand, they're good looking & they suit that middle rear exhaust, only question I ask is where does the tow bar go haha? Only thing I don't like is the interior on them.

It claims 15l but I bet you'd be looking at 20l & I duuno about you guys but I'd get pretty damned sick of that if it was your daily driver. Which works out to be about 35 bucks per 100km, I do say 500km a week so say about 175-200 a week in fuel & for arguments sake 800 notes a month ROFL. Still like it? I haven't purchased a car YET that lives up to it's claims, I'm always about 2-3l extra, although on my 3.0d I'm doing about 10.8 at the moment.

Worst car I ever owned was a P38 Range Rover 4.6HSE I was averaging about 22-25litres per 100km & that was when it was working of course because it was at the shop most of the time as with all Land Rovers!

Yea, we were going to test drive the one down at New Plymouth/Timaru ( the Silver one ) but it sold before we arrived. Went in one a year ago and it did 16L around town and 15L once we took it round back of Kermeu. But those things haul arse. You get out with your arse sucked into the seat. Serious Power. Went in a 4.8is 07 X5 few weeks back and that thing was quick but the jeep is just real in another league. Its a good performance package the handling is surprising good ( Of cause I didn't drive it but dad did and he is very picky after owning an M3 ( handling wise). Not just a dragster.

Also, saw one with a Tow Bar on TradeMe a while back. If you get the tow bar as an add on it goes in the middle of the pipes. ( they move the pipes over of cause ) and if you get an aftermarket one it goes under which I think it better.

I love the looks of them with the pipes like the Lamborghini Revention, and the big boar looks. But again what I said before. If you can afford the gas and get over the plain interior and build quality that thing can keep you satisfied easily and get you home 30 mins quicker =)

not much point in making that car. what was its intended market of customers? people who wants m5 performance but the size of a x5?

edit: oh btw its ugly. saw one in newmarket today. was right behind it and made me awe in shock. how ugly the rear was.

Edited by Simon*

not much point in making that car. what was its intended market of customers? people who wants m5 performance but the size of a x5?

edit: oh btw its ugly. saw one in newmarket today. was right behind it and made me awe in shock. how ugly the rear was.

if i was in the market for a new x5 i would look at the x6.I dont NEED the space the x5 has(i dont need the space my 535 has) So from a purely practical sense the x6 would be fine.I dont think they are ugly.i would get one just cos there arent many,unlike the x5.

Edited by Simon*

I wouldn't say no.....

However would feel less obvious in a Yellow 911, playing rap music with the top down.

Yea, its a shocker alright!

But it is true. The most common I have noticed is the BMW 7 Series, BMW x6 and 3.0l X5 07-010, and the CL Mercedes. And 6 Series BMW.

7 Series arse end is terrible and same for the 6 and X6 car.

CL Merc is a great car but even the Cl63 the rear end is horrible.

Funny though. I stick with the Jeep for a quick SUV, but im a teen who likes big boar V8s. Cayenne isn't worth it unless its the Turbo or Turbo S or GTS ( this is if you want a quick SUV ), Range Rover Sport and Vogue is the best inside but so many things to go wrong that do go wrong in the end. X5 nothing to complain about really. VW Twarig the ride is crap, ( I know this from real life experience ) and X6 is for the old single man who is having a crisis.

Just my opinion but funny how a discussion over the X6 Hamann turns into a performance SUV talk.

Edited by Simon*

if im shopping for a suv ill buy a kitted out new hilux :D. for luxurious suv prob the new range rover TDv8.

the last proper looking 7 series is the e38. i hate how the back looks on the newer 7 series and the headlights.. ugh... someone kill the designer!!. and the new 7 series. its like its nose [the grill] got bitch slapped and became swollen...

Yea, we were going to test drive the one down at New Plymouth/Timaru ( the Silver one ) but it sold before we arrived. Went in one a year ago and it did 16L around town and 15L once we took it round back of Kermeu. But those things haul arse. You get out with your arse sucked into the seat. Serious Power. Went in a 4.8is 07 X5 few weeks back and that thing was quick but the jeep is just real in another league. Its a good performance package the handling is surprising good ( Of cause I didn't drive it but dad did and he is very picky after owning an M3 ( handling wise). Not just a dragster.

Also, saw one with a Tow Bar on TradeMe a while back. If you get the tow bar as an add on it goes in the middle of the pipes. ( they move the pipes over of cause ) and if you get an aftermarket one it goes under which I think it better.

I love the looks of them with the pipes like the Lamborghini Revention, and the big boar looks. But again what I said before. If you can afford the gas and get over the plain interior and build quality that thing can keep you satisfied easily and get you home 30 mins quicker =)

Where?Big difference

I like them beacause there different, and I bet there great to drive.

Introducing the new BMW X6.

It's the answer to the question nobody asked.

And the Hamann looks like every other kitted car around atm. Seems the designers think that the only way to do something new is to get more and more outlandish.

I'd have more fun putting pins in my eyes than looking at that monstrosity.

I'd have more fun putting pins in my eyes than looking at that monstrosity.

Well it does make your eyes bleed either way with or without pins mate.

Don't know what half of you are crying about.

It has a 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 which puts out 670bhp and 576lb ft of torque. 0-100 in 4.2 seconds, thats a sub supercar speed.

I'd drop my kids off to school in it.

I like the look of it... It's much better in person. There's something about realllllllly wide tyres that get's me all flustered.

Don't know what half of you are crying about.

It has a 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 which puts out 670bhp and 576lb ft of torque. 0-100 in 4.2 seconds, thats a sub supercar speed.

I'd drop my kids off to school in it.

^^This

Its probably twice the weight of most of the cars on here, and still quicker. The X6 is the only BMW i have liked since the Pfl E38 and Pfl E46. Everything after that has been disgusting. except this imo

Guest Simon*

Stupid thing

Waiting for the new M5 personally, then we'll talk about the appropriate use of power ;)

Oh and for the muppets, anyone who starts with "I'm not racist but .... " will get a slap. Please don't generalise about ethnicities, we're an all lovin' multicultural forum and some of you are just full of sh*t.

Cheers

Not Grant

Taking a new X6M aroud taupo track next wk. I think they are a waste of time but will most likely be a good drive

Edited by M3 Cab

rather have a m5 school runner than a x6 :D ...mmmmmmm M5ness....

Im starting to think over done now, would be best in black not white like i said earlier