Sign in to follow this  
Vent

Front and/or rear strut braces

Strut braces aren't that useful unless you're experiencing mad body flex, ie, extremely hard cornering.

Unless you simply want to look cool of course :lol:

Had front and rear strut braces on the skyline...

Took them off one day, to see what they actually did, and damn, they make a huge difference.

Each to their own Carl, but i definitely dont want them for cosmetic value.

I'm with Vent on this one - strut braces make a huge differnce. I had a BB4 Prelude like his before the BMW and they tighten the car up nicely.

My E36 has a bit flex when going out of my driveway - dunno if those would help going through that though.

Get one made, unless you can find an M3, Schnitzer or Racing Dynamics one cheap.

Maybe someone like the Surgery could help you out.

Strut braces aren't that useful unless you're experiencing mad body flex, ie, extremely hard cornering.

Oh yes they are, my RD one makes a huge difference.

Cheers

Cheers

Seriously, what difference does it make?

parts shop..... don't think they are any further south than the bombays......

aucklanders..... :rolleyes:

Thanks Cam

Yeah, lol, Aucklanders seem to think that the whole country knows what/where "Auckland specific" shops are...

:wacko:

Keeps your front end and rear end SQUARE, STIFF and STRAIGHT.

Ever driven a go cart Carl? :)

Experienced no flex at all?

Sure, i only get a little bit of sideways movement of the body when turning, but the strut braces remove 95% of that.. firms the cornering up like you wouldnt believe...

Always had strut braces, always will.. make a huge difference.. to me, at least.

Cheers

It reduces the understeer through hard cornering dramatically, the car stays a lot flatter (square) to the ground allowing grip to be better maintained and corners to be taken at much higher speeds.

To be fair though, the difference was only really evident after the suspension was changed to the Bilstein/ H&R Sport package.

Cheers

Cheers

It reduces the understeer through hard cornering dramatically, the car stays a lot flatter (square) to the ground allowing grip to be better maintained and corners to be taken at much higher speeds.

To be fair though, the difference was only really evident after the suspension was changed to the Bilstein/ H&R Sport package.

Cheers

So, like I originally said, unless you ARE experiencing mad body flex then they aren't going to be of much use.

The way I see it, if you seriously want to put your car on the track then you'd find them quite handy, for normal road use they're probably a waste of money.

I find the improvement in normal road usage good too, especially on roads like up the Coromandel.

I've never had mad body flex, but what flex there was is reduced.

I do agree though, that it is a bit of a waste of time with standard suspension, or if you drive like a nana, but if you have uprated suspension, and you push the car from time to time, then you will really notice the difference.

Cheers

They make a massive difference. I did what some one else did and took the factory one off my GTX for a crack up. Way more understeer without it.

When you have an FR i dunno if they would make as much difference. But for <$150 prob one of the best cost/feel mods.

I'll need to test one out, I intend having a go at intermarque this year and had aalready thought about getting one but I wouldn't have otherwise.

I'm assuming RD is racing dynamics, what's FR?

Anyone know the cost of getting one custom made?

they arent very hard to make custom right? I have a site that shows how to make one for the E28 including templates etc. Would save alot dont you think?

someone should organise a GB of Sparco bars!!

They are by far the best for the e30, being a 1pc design with no hinges or joins makes them V.stiff (they also have additional fastening points on the sides of the strut towers), and they are cheap, ~$110US.

im in for a sparco buy.....glen does anyone that you know of have any of those powerflex bushes lying around..cant think of anyone at the mo