Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Need your help

Right time for an update.

I have gone off and impulse bought again.. and go figure I just spotted 2 other sets of wheels that also just might work <_<

Anyhow, picked up a set of genuine 18x8.5" Hartge 3 piece rims 5x120 pcd and ET14. They were priced well but need a full re-furbish, 2 center caps and I will obviously have to get a 5 lug conversion + probably a Tech-II kit before it looks OK (in other words $$$$).

post-1976-1271256873.jpg

If I can re-furbish them and get wider rear lips to fit.. big IF lol, might look something like this

post-1976-1271259565.jpg

(I blame my impulse buy directly on Ari for posting this STUPIDLY hot v8 although I think it has 17's)

On the other hand, I just spotted some racing dynamics rims which will be the cheapest option by far and will also be sweet to use on the race track.

post-1976-1271259126.jpg

post-1976-1271258603.jpg

Then there are these...

SSR Professor SP1's

Your thoughts?

Edited by crazyarab

Like the style of the Racing Dynamics wheels but they look a bit big? Maybe like you say tho Tech2 will help that

Hartge 3 piece make me weak at the knees especially staggered (if you make the rears wider)

I reakon stick with the Hartge, it would look staunch and F*** with a Tech 2 kit and wide wheels Hartges'.

Never been a huge fan of the Racing Dynamics on E30's

and the SSR Professors SP1's I prefer on drift cars.

Yep definetly Hartge.

IMO not the professors. BUT only because if you're going down that track, and personally I think it is the right track to go down; hit the original Meisters. It's also a dream of mine to have a set of my own.

Guest Simon*

Atta you're never going to get those Hartges to fit - they're direct bolt up E34 fitment so you may as well sell them to me and keep looking ;)

In all seriousness considering what you'll end up spending in total, why not get some 4 stud wheels custom made by Arrow?

What Racing Dynamics Rims Atta? ;)

Guest Simon*

Haha Foxy you're such a trademe predator!

:D

Smarten up Atta! They didn't suit the car anyway - you'd have been replacing them 3 days later

Just so happens Simon, that I also have his Hartges in my posession at the moment. :D

What Racing Dynamics Rims Atta? ;)

LOL... you didn't!

I was literally just waiting for him to say that he would send them to chch for $600 and was gonna hit the buy now regardless...

I officially hate you now foxy :angry:

Edited by crazyarab

The Professors would look good but not on your car. I am a huge fan of them and Work Meister's but don't like the way they look on BMW's. They would look heaps better on my 200sx :). I also think the seller my have the stud pattern wrong because he has list a bunch of cars with 4x114 pattern. I maybe wrong myself though but doesn't hurt to check.

18" waaay to big for e30 IMO. 16's where it's at :D

Don't say that, now I'm gonna hate fox even moooore!

Careful Atta, remember where the Hartge's are. :P

Guest Simon*

They're right though. Only a very few styles of 17" work but 16's with dish are almost always the answer. 18's not a chance.

I might be able to help you unload those useless Hartge 3 pieces ;)

Careful Atta, remember where the Hartge's are. :P

Haha, I know.. I know.. <_<

Nah all good ay, if I can pull this off...

Posted Image

16" can go take a hike!

Simon, as you said I am going to have to weigh everything up and see what happens. I don't know if I will let them go though considering I am KICKING myself that I sold the CH's.. Never know when these will come in handy even if I can't wrap the E30 around them!

But yeh, if I get strapped for cash I might let you guys fight to the death for them (have had 4 requests already lol) :P .

Guest Ari Gold

Professors all day long.

17x8.5 ET14 could work, but 18" of the same size and you're starting to look like a roller skate. If it's my fault, I'm happy to take them off your hands :D

RacDyn rims for E30 are rubbish, like Simon says, you'd have changed them in 3 days anyway.

Professors all day long.

17x8.5 ET14 could work, but 18" of the same size and you're starting to look like a roller skate. If it's my fault, I'm happy to take them off your hands :D

RacDyn rims for E30 are rubbish, like Simon says, you'd have changed them in 3 days anyway.

Josh is running a set of 18" LM's.. weren't you keen on running 18's too?

Or do you mean the offset is going to be too low hence stick out way too much and look odd?

Guest Ari Gold

Josh is running a set of 18" LM's.. weren't you keen on running 18's too?

Or do you mean the offset is going to be too low hence stick out way too much and look odd?

Bit of both really, with an 18" rim in the rear, you're going to tuck rim, no matter how low you end up going, which looks pants on a facelift E30, even though they all do it due to the lower arch design.

Plus, the low offset with big rubber from the rear is going to give it the same look.

Example - this Felgen-Man car on Work Rezax is rubbing liquorice strips for rubber, and looks rediculous (though I've probably sold it to you :D )

Posted Image

Posted Image

18x8.5 ET32 (imagine ET14!!!) CR-Kai's:

Posted Image

Josh is running 18's, I'm on 17's

Example - this Felgen-Man car on Work Rezax is rubbing liquorice strips for rubber, and looks rediculous (though I've probably sold it to you :D )

To be perfectly honest, I would LOVE a set of 3 piece 16/17" rim.. I am no fan of 18's on E30 but those Hartges are something special hence willing to give it a shot plus hopefully they won't look as silly as the pics you have posted as the center piece is far smaller / gradually dishes in making them look smaller.

If someone wants to swap a 16/17" alternative with this set I'm all ears :)

Edited by crazyarab

Can you wait 4-6 weeks for 17's? :ph34r:

I can wait 4-6 months.. depends what you got?

PM if you like :)

Edited by crazyarab

Guest Simon*

Johno stop teasing! :D

Surely you see the E30 guys dry-humping each other over WIDE 16" (and to a lesser extent 17") rims. Even to the point of importing their own from the States at big $$$. Can you guys not to something in this niche? Hell, it's not even a niche it's gaping chasm! :lol:

Rocking up at the Tron meet in front of 30+ E30's with some demo wheels would make the kiddies excited ;)

Guest Ari Gold

Rocking up at the Tron meet in front of 30+ E30's with some demo wheels would make the kiddies excited ;)

Only if it had an M50 swap too <_<

Johno stop teasing! :D

Surely you see the E30 guys dry-humping each other over WIDE 16" (and to a lesser extent 17") rims. Even to the point of importing their own from the States at big $$$. Can you guys not to something in this niche? Hell, it's not even a niche it's gaping chasm! :lol:

Don't I know it :lol:

The difficulty is that we cannot import 1 or 2 sets at a time. There is just no economic sense in importing a pallet load of wheels at a time.

If we decide to get wheels made for us the minimum we have to order is 80 pces (20 sets), so we really have to make sure the wheel style is bang on. Every now and then we come across a few sets sitting in factory stock (like the Alpina reps) but we still have to make up a 40' container (generally 1000pces or 250 sets).

What ends up happening then is that we pick the best wheels from 5 or 6 factories and then pull our hair out trying to get them shipped to one destination so we can load a container and then ship them here :wacko:

Remember, just like Mainland Cheese "Good things take time" :D

Edited by zenetti