Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

WTB: E30 15' Basket weaves

Pics coming in about 2 hours Mark ;) just waiting to get them back from the tyre shop B)

Nath, I actually never saw the wheels, I was just told they were basketweaves.

I hope you have a good poker face otherwise it would have been priceless to see the look on your face :lol:

If you ever decide to sell them again I want half the profit :D

Edited by zenetti

^ Haha well I must have gotten out of the right side of the bed today....

I am no wheel whore so didn't really know what they were, he said yip they are rare 2pc BBS wheels didn't really think too much of it, then threw them in the car, thought hmm BBS wheels usually have a stamp on the inside underneath the center cap and low and behold saw RS001 (15 x 7, ET25).

Yip Jono I will go halves with you ;) though I have wanted a set forever and find it hard to see myself selling them anytime soon.

Have just given them a decent clean, had about 3mm of brake dust on them, will give the centers a good wax and the lips a good polish next week after warrant time, got a warrant check tmoro so needed them looking semi shiny. There is a teeny bit of curbing on all of them, my car isn't a show car so I am not worried at this stage, for $600 including some average tyres which will get turned into smoke on some spare wheels soon enough, it is by far the best bargain I have had in my 4 years of E30 modification ownership.

NB: I noticed they have gold bolts on them, I don't know if they are original but they go well with my metallic gold Alpina stickers on the car ;)

Here are a few pics, all going well I will have a showroom thread in the next week with them on the 'Hellpina' in their jizzworthy glory.

Sparknotes: I brought some badass wheels by accident and they are rad. Chur.

Here are a couple of the awaited pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Hellpina

Looks Sick mate !!! Congrats on the awesome deal i am jealous haha

Nice one! But shoot whoever put the wheel weights on the lip!!!

Fine effort chief!

top steal man. will have to have a geez at some point

My phone can't text you back again, I am around sat/sun after lunch, give me a text if you want to pop in

Cheers for all the comments guys

nice score, If your wanting to buy some lips to widen them I'll be making another order in about 2 weeks, It will cost you about $200nzd per lip.

nice score, If your wanting to buy some lips to widen them I'll be making another order in about 2 weeks, It will cost you about $200nzd per lip.

Could be keen at some point, but will wait till I can refurb the whole set, which won't be for a while, I like the 'worn in look lol'.

Thought you were having an 'e30 break' lol. :P

Great score

mutch better man, cant go wrong with those

Can you get lips for two piece LM's ?

Pretty sure an E30 rocking bottlecaps is rarer than a E30 on RS's these days

:D

Good buy mate, $600 what a bargain.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car.

Very well done Nathan!

Thought you were having an 'e30 break' lol. :P

Great score

By break I mean saving my pay for a fortnight :P

In other news had a full BMW inspection today and have a few things to sort before it can go racing!

And maybe a small electrical fire under the dash to get the day rolling nicely :huh:

Edited by Hellpina

Since I am such a nice guy, in a good mood today despite not driving up to the Hamilton meet today, I figured I would take one tiny pic of the car (95% complete) with the RS's on for all you lovely people out there, car hasn't been cleaned in 3 months and wheels havn't been polished and waxed yet ;)

Before anyone says need more stretch, less profile wank wank wank, it is not a show car, I still want it to handle on the standard B road thrash whilst off the track.

Enjoy

Posted Image

Hot. I like.

I am still undecided whether to run center caps, considering they get stolen a lot, but I am refurbing them also at this point in time.

Can't decide whether they look better with or without.

Edited by Hellpina

With = winner.

We have the same wheels now. Wasn't it you that said, "RS's are everywhere. Pretty sure an E30 rocking bottlecaps is rarer these days"... or something like that! ;) Welcome to the club.

post-2031-1271565267.jpg

post-2031-1271565280.jpg

^ Sweet I will put them on then ;)

Yeah I did lol, but that was only cause I had no hope in hell in being able to find some and then afford to pay for a nice set. So I got very lucky.

Hope the fact we now have matching wheels means you won't ban me now :lol:

Edit: we have the same size tyres too, sensible profile and width FTW ^_^

Edited by Hellpina

You're safe for now. :lol:

Needs centrecaps to let the world know you're repping BBS goodness. Mad bargain you got... I love people who have no idea what they have for sale .... although you'd think Jono would! <_<

^ Haha okay. He just knew the Wellington store got some BBS 15's on trade in. I was lucky in the last year I have had more than my fair share of bad luck with these stupid cars, so to have it go the other way is nice for a change.

They were actually my rims/tyres, Johno felt like helping you out, as you were struggling to get your $$ sorted. Lucky you!

^ Haha okay. He just knew the Wellington store got some BBS 15's on trade in. I was lucky in the last year I have had more than my fair share of bad luck with these stupid cars, so to have it go the other way is nice for a change.

^ Well I don't really know how that works I am a bit perplexed. But thanks all the same, glad it got sorted eventually. There was no money issue, but I am a student it doesn't grow on trees, it was a communication issue. But regardless, lets leave it at that, I am more than happy with the final result.

/End thread