Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

Megasquirt

2 / 2 successful installs here, in e30s with m20b23 and m50b25. using MS2 with v3 PCB from diyautotune.com MS2Extra firmware

I used it as a fuel only setup on an M10 turbo. MS itself proved pretty reliable after a few teething issues

has anyone here had anything to do with megasquirt?

Yea Barf and I have a M50B25 running with a MS at the moment. Complete new loom etc. Wideband sensor in the tailpipe, it goes mint. Without 1 minute of "professional help"

Personally I think the system itself is awrsme, as long as your willing to learn a thing or 20

i just put a ms2 v3.57 onto a starion. was easy to set up, tune, and when we booked it into the dyno to get a final checkup tune, the guy said it didnt really need any tuning.

had 2 knock sensors, wideband, and egt sensors. which helped a lot.

I have been daily driving a MS2 managed m20 turbo stroker for several years now.

Once i got all the wiring and setup right, its working well. These days I would recommend MS3, this is however more expensve, but you get sequential fuel/spark, which you want. Sequential will not make more peak power, but it will be better in terms of drivability and fuel economy (slightly)

How is the freeems stuff going?

Fred is UE now, and he's working on it. Bunch of cars running it. I guess check out the website ?

I would say freeems is for people who are confortable with electronics - I would say its very DIY.

Thing is, you can go and buy off-the-shelf product, installed and tuned. It will cost you $$$$. If budget is not an issue then this is definitely easier solution.

MS and freeems are much cheaper solutions, but you will have to spend time to learn and do it right. And if you cut corners it might cost you more hassles. For me learing/installing EMS was an exciting adventure, and the knowledge I gained is usefull even when working with non-custom cars.

Fred is UE now, and he's working on it. Bunch of cars running it. I guess check out the website ?

I would say freeems is for people who are confortable with electronics - I would say its very DIY.

Thing is, you can go and buy off-the-shelf product, installed and tuned. It will cost you $$$$. If budget is not an issue then this is definitely easier solution.

MS and freeems are much cheaper solutions, but you will have to spend time to learn and do it right. And if you cut corners it might cost you more hassles. For me learing/installing EMS was an exciting adventure, and the knowledge I gained is usefull even when working with non-custom cars.

Did you tune your MS yourself? Mine has been working fine once i set it up properly, but its only on base tune at the moment

Did you tune your MS yourself? Mine has been working fine once i set it up properly, but its only on base tune at the moment

Sure. I have a wideband and I tune by hand on the road.

Sure. I have a wideband and I tune by hand on the road.

Nice, I need to have a chat to you for some useful tips as our setups are very very similar and I only did a little bit of tuning, got wideband and egt too