Sign in to follow this  
RustyItalian

Intermittant flat battery (E39)

Haven't taken any real notice of the specs (origin) of them but I have seen a few with the original OEM battery fitted & being a DIN 66. The cars are set up for both fitments. I should have said - most non monitor cars had 88/92 rather than some. I have also come across some monitor cars that have had 66's as a replacement - not a good idea at all.

I am in the trade & come across these cars frequently - I know what I have seen. Come to think of it - I don't ever recall seeing a UK import E39 in the flesh either.

Adding too, I wouldn't take all JC BMW (BMW NZ) info as gospel either - I have proven them with wrong Nav info before...

This subject has been thrown about many times before the battery is the heart of your vehicle skimp on it and expect trouble. For me from the E38 model on the amount of electric stuff present and working in BMW's is unreal and a got power source is essential this was demonstrated by a scan carried out on an e90 not long ago.

Yes a descent battery will set you back 300 or 400 bucks I bet the next time you or your wife get in the car and it won't start the air and stress level will be through the roof. Plus all the weird fault codes that will be produced as the battery does not preform correctly. The same old same old applies do it once do right.

Merry Christmas