Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

E46 Dynavin Competition.

No its not to win one lol. But i have come across what appears to be a competitor to this unit. I am still trying to gather as much information as possible.

The only place i can find so far that is listing them is here www.szvictortech.com , there listings though are just photo shopped images. But they also do list one for BMW 7-E38/BMW 5-E39/BMW X5-E53.

I have found some photo's which show the build quality is not to bad and has a more oem look to it than the dynavin ones. Here are the pictures. I am trying to get in contact with the company that supply's them to get a price, So far looks like it may be around the $600 price which if you look at it seems pretty good considering you get nav and blue tooth etc.

I will post more info as it comes to light.

7.0 inch digita car dvd player(800*480),subwoofer output,connect the original car subwoofer

high speed camera alert function Or connect reversing radar function

CDC: compatible for original 6 CDC or 10 CDC

DVB-T can be optional(30km/per hour,support wire antenna,impove signal sensitivity)

steering wheel control(CAN BUS+air conditioner agreement)

Bluetooth:BT-music,phonebook,call

Mucic:MP3,MP4,IPOD

Tire Pressure Monitoring System:compatible for those which with tire pressure monitoring function cars

SD card:store NAV software or multi-media document.support new type SDHC card,biggest 32GB

offer USB-HOST1.1 Jack,can read U disc,card reader

the language of OSD have 17 kinds: English,German,French,Spanish,Dutch,Hungarian,Czech,Danish, Norwegian,Swedish,Portuguese,Italian,Finland,Roumania,Greek,Russian,Poland

Radio Area:China,USA,Latin America,Europe,Ressia,Japan

Compatible with DVD,VCD,CD,MP3,MPEG4,CD-R,WMA and JPEG playbacks

Built-in FM/AM Radio, RDS, movie,Time, calendar

Navigation Software request

1,WinCE.net 5.0 CORE

2,Built in GPS--17 lanugages can be choose:English,German,French,Spanish

,Dutch,Hungarian,Czech,Danish,Norwegian, Swedish,Portuguese,Italian,Finland,Roumania,Greek,Russian,Poland

3,GPS dual zone function

4,Navigation PCB:COM2,Baud Rate:9600bps,The path of storageing SD Cards map:\Storagecard\*.exe;The path of storageing NandFlashs map :\NandFlash\*.exe.

5,support map:Igo 8,Route66,Gate5,Papago

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Let me know of the price, Maybe interested.

[

Looks interesting, Prestige Audio tell me the Dynavin E39 unit will be released end May. Previously I believe it was due for March production. Looking at the forum on the Dynavin BBS it appears there are quite a few fish hooks to resolve yet

Edited by kiwiland

Just a small update, Price is going to be $435USD = $622 NZD.

Still not a bad price considering everything.

They are not going to be available until the beginning of next month. Once i have got some cash together i am going to get one imported in and then i guess we can take it from there. Of course a full in depth write up and review would be in order.

These are true plug and play, I do have to also order though a HVAC relocation kit to move my existing controls down to the sun glass holder to make room for the new system.

If its any good that price is cheap IMO, Does the GPS side of it come complete with maps? Or are they are extra

No sorry no news as of yet, I have been made aware that they are available for order and i am currently selling as much crap as i have laying around to try and get some $$ as i also have to get the hvac relocation kit as i mentioned. Same old story though as soon as funds become close something else crops up and when you have a family its always family first.

Believe me as soon as i am able to order one i will update this post. :)

None of them run map software that is compatible with NZ's routable map sources.

Wouldnt look at them if you want GPS to work.

Have to disagree there, Both the one i am looking at getting and the Dynavin ones run windows ce, Plenty of places around if you know where to look to get igo 8.3 and maps for Nz as well tomtom not to mention ndrive as well as the maps for nz :ph34r: .

I have made sure the gps is workable here otherwise i would not be looking at one of these for a complete system.

What's the cost on the hvac relocation kit? I could be keen as well

Have to disagree there, Both the one i am looking at getting and the Dynavin ones run windows ce, Plenty of places around if you know where to look to get igo 8.3 and maps for Nz as well tomtom not to mention ndrive as well as the maps for nz :ph34r: .

I have made sure the gps is workable here otherwise i would not be looking at one of these for a complete system.

Sweet, when I looked there were only maps for europe thorugh official channels. I wonder how upto date the NZ maps are.

There are big differences between BMW 05 maps and 08 maps hopefully they update them regularly. If they licience maps from Geosmart they its gravy as they are the only company who constantly update their routing tables, otherwise youll probably find them a pain in the ass as they wont route properly. Is only a problem if you drive through areas with changing roading infrastrucutre such as the AK.

is the e39 version available yet,thats the one I'm after,any links to where you purchase,there doesn't appear to be anything on ebay yet?

Sweet, when I looked there were only maps for europe thorugh official channels. I wonder how upto date the NZ maps are.

There are big differences between BMW 05 maps and 08 maps hopefully they update them regularly. If they licience maps from Geosmart they its gravy as they are the only company who constantly update their routing tables, otherwise youll probably find them a pain in the ass as they wont route properly. Is only a problem if you drive through areas with changing roading infrastrucutre such as the AK.

The maps are not 2010 i know that lol, Pretty sure they are about 2007 which i know is old but i don't drive around up in aucks :P so even ones dated back to 2007 will be good enough for me.

I am playing around with a ce emulator at the moment with the tomtom side of things because you can use mapsource and there are opensource maps available here which you can import into tomtom.

I purchased a usb gps reciever for the lappy a few weeks ago and running tomtom mobile pc on it with the open source maps on it is fantastic , Well fun to play around with anyway, would work perfectly on a carpc or carputer or whatever they call them.

is the e39 version available yet,thats the one I'm after,any links to where you purchase,there doesn't appear to be anything on ebay yet?

No they have not started producing the ones for the E39's , I wouldn't go through ebay you will be charged way more.

Just in case anybody is interested i found the maps i have for the igo 8.3 are dated 5-10-2008, So although not completely up to date would do for what is needed i would say.

I am still trying to save $$ to get a unit though :(

Speaking of gps i have been playing around with a gps receiver i received about 3 weeks ago, Good thing with this one is that connects with garmin mobil pc. First 3 pics are of the software running on my pc and the other 2 shots is going for a drive around the block with a programme called inssider. It takes wireless connections available and then logs the data which you can import into google earth. I set it going and the results you will see, You can drill down into hot spots if there are more than one and lets you know by colour if its encrypted or not. Its all pretty fun playing around with it all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a small update on this. I am going to go with the Dynavin unit as there is way more information and i know things are going to work on this unit. I am however going wait until the new version hits the street.

They have gone back to the drawing board and taken on board all the complaints and changes people would like to see. One of the main things they have changed is chipsets to stop the problems that have been cropping up with a few things. They have pretty much nailed all the problems with v3 but v4 is where i am going to step in and purchase one. I have had igo8.3 (navigation) up and running on my pc via an emulator running wince 5.0 which is what dynavin runs, with maps that are dated end of 2009 so they are up to date about as much as i am going to get and it even tracks me with the usb gps receiver plugged into the lappy lol.

Thats about it for now more information when i get it.