Sign in to follow this  
fatjoez

does anyone in auckland do tints for tail lights?

Hmmm off topic now, but my last e30 had run out of wof and rego and had failed on blown shocks, and someone plowed into the side of me and the insurance company were like eh, didnt cause the crash so we pay anyway.

Just my personal experience, though i would tend to assume to be treated otherwise.

who were/are you with out of interest? you were really lucky there. They may waive the blown shocks and accept you didnt know about them, but everyone knows when things like warrents/rego/tinted tails are on the car

NAC, they knew i knew, as it had failed a wof the day before and i hadnt had time to sort it out obviously. I just told them straight up and they didnt even seem interested. the word "and?" was used i believe.

thats harsh dude

i worked in an insurance company once, not in claims, but i was seated near them haha

they were always discussing ways to cancel peoples claims / strategising

heck I even heard a story about a 70 year old man who's wifes health insurance claim or something was denied.

He was so distraught he showed up at the company office ready for a punch up lol...

Hi!

Not sure if this post is old or not, but wanted to make an input on the subject.

Since mid 2010 ALL STICKERS on lights are illegal, on the other hand the law says your taillight, lights should be visible from at least 200M. I personally have tinted taillights in pitch black, they look great during day time. Night time they are very visible as I had a mate follow me from over 400M and he can see it alright.

I didnt use the spray option, for a simple reason that my taillights are expensive and didnt want to put something on them that I might later on want to remove. Vinyl tint gave me that option Very easy to apply, cost effective and removable if I wish to.

I bought my first set off TM, didnt go well very low quality, found a few in the USA but shipping cost and time were too much. Then finally found an NZ based company that sell those, they do tell you if you ring them that it is for "Show cars" only, so have to give them that, as they explain to you why and how, and at the end it is your choice.

I got it from these guys: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sik-FX/137024953020801.

Now regarding insurance it is true they do everything to get away from paying up, thats why I really do like the vinyl option, you can just remove it in less than a min (while you wait for the tow truck :P ). I had mine pass WOF and sometimes fail, all depends on the mood of the inspector (really it is) and also If I come in a suite it passes go figure lol

Anyway if you want to do the looks my advise is make sure your car is safe, I mean I dont think any of us want to drive an unsafe car, mine has x4 Led lights and also 5 brake lights (one of them not tinted) also license plates lights (bright white). Just look at your car at night can some see it clear enough to avoid it? if not then either dont do it, or take the extra step to insure it is safe, after all it is your life on the line.

If you are going for the vinyl option make sure you get the quality ones, trust me the quality ones are the same price lol, avoid TM, as you cannot make sure who is the seller.

Cheers guys!

Now regarding insurance it is true they do everything to get away from paying up, thats why I really do like the vinyl option, you can just remove it in less than a min (while you wait for the tow truck :P ).

except when your tail lights are in 100 pieces after you reversed into a $250k AMG.

have fun paying that off.

Why bother paying for insurance when you void it with this type of stuff?

I've nearly smashed into the back of a mitsi lancer who's tail lights were so dark I didn't see that he was braking (he was braking hard, which gave me even less time to react)

just because you can see the lights from 200m away in ideal conditions doesn't mean you can see them in all conditions, especially true if the sun is shining on them

it's just as bad as people who have trailers that block the view of the tail lights on the car but the trailer doesn't have any lights working