Sign in to follow this  
535er

E34 RB25-DET Project

looking good mate.

will be interesting to see how it goes with its new heart. buy yourself an lsd center ( someones selling them on here ) then you dont need to hunt for a certian ratio lsd.

Hello again to all following my project.

Thought it was about time to update you all on my build since I haven't done it for a while.

Everything is going very fast and smoothly now. Since my last update we have removed the ABS module so we can bring it forward to the corner of the car, so when the time comes I can put in custom headers and bigger turbo. Radiator has been mounted (very tidy work on the brackets). Custom front facing plenum and 80mm throttle body are now on which seriously tidies the whole build up I was amazed at the difference both of these items make! I have purchased a oil filter relocation/cooler kit to try solve the room problem i'm having down there but again struck a problem, I get the adapter plate onto the housing BUT not enough room to get the braided hosing on. SO back to square one and trying to figure out what we could do, we are thinking about moving the steering box forward slightly but not too sure at this stage if that can be done (cert wise).

The RB wiring loom has just been finished being loomed into the BMW's, has been a mission for my mate Phil but he got there in the end a big hi 5! Now I just need to replace a few broken plugs and sensors we have found which aint a big issue.

I have decided to put in a Nissan consult cable so if any future problems do occur we can identify them with ease plus make any ECU changes if need be. The Nissan Consult system is the same as Nissan OBD and was a great diagnostics system standard in 99% of Petrol powered Nissans between 1990-1999.

All that is really left to do now is to get a slim 12" cooling fan from A1radiators, intercooler, intercooler piping, ABS module and power steering reservoir mounted, new braided & silicon hosing, and exhaust then will be ready to fire up can't wait!!! :D

I think I have covered everything at this stage and again comments and suggestions are welcomed :)

post-1908-1289084071.jpg

post-1908-1289084088.jpg

post-1908-1289084104.jpg

post-1908-1289084119.jpg

post-1908-1289084134.jpg

post-1908-1289084146.jpg

post-1908-1289084157.jpg

post-1908-1289084183.jpg

post-1908-1289084197.jpg

post-1908-1289084227.jpg

post-1908-1289084239.jpg

post-1908-1289084253.jpg

Really really nice, How is this coming along?

Im doing the same conversion but building an RB30DET atm for the E34,

Who did you go through to make the engine and gearbox mounts?

Im assuming theres no difference between RB engines in terms of mounting

Rough cost for it aswell?

I doubt you will get a response... Original Poster was "Last Seen: 7th November 2010 - 11:22 AM"