Sign in to follow this  
philwalter

My new car

Ah nice one. I miss mine horribly and it seems you pipped me to the post too. I shall have another

Wow, seriously that is a beautiful E30 M3 and cool that it's had such a loving past owner. More pics please!

You sound like the ideal owner for such a superb motorcar, baby it my man save it for the future generations.

You sound like the ideal owner for such a superb motorcar, baby it my man save it for the future generations.

That is the idea !!

Crappy weather this week has meant I've been unable to get behind the wheel of it.

Thanks for all the comments - I am on the lookout for some unrestored BBS Style 5's...I am sure I'm not the only one, but if anyone knows of any I'd be keen to know about them.

That is the idea !!

Crappy weather this week has meant I've been unable to get behind the wheel of it.

Thanks for all the comments - I am on the lookout for some unrestored BBS Style 5's...I am sure I'm not the only one, but if anyone knows of any I'd be keen to know about them.

Hey Phil,

Congrats man! Well done. A beautiful car.

If you want a set of style 5's, the man who does them better than new (which may conflict with what you want) is a guy called Wolfe who runs a business in Germany selling refurbished wheels.

Check out wokke.de

A M6 owner from Melbourne that I know got a set from him, and they are unreal.

REgards.

Fantastic! What a lovely car. Great find. Wow

Ok - so I'm just jealous. But stories like this give me hope that if keep at it I may find one too!

thanks for sharing!

Andrew

Hey Phil,

Congrats man! Well done. A beautiful car.

If you want a set of style 5's, the man who does them better than new (which may conflict with what you want) is a guy called Wolfe who runs a business in Germany selling refurbished wheels.

Check out wokke.de

A M6 owner from Melbourne that I know got a set from him, and they are unreal.

REgards.

Thanks mate - wow that is an impressive wheel collection. I'm sitting on the fence a bit over which direction to go with the car with wheel choice. The 3 piece ACS rims are also real nice, and would keep the OEM/Schnitzer theme of the car better perhaps. The current alloys are the 16x7.5 option - so they in themselves are not as common as the 15", so I'm pretty happy to roll with them till I find what I need.

I was off to view this car (Hamilton right?) the weekend after you bought it. Received an email from the owner saying he'd just sold it. Jealous! Glad to see it's gone to a good home though :)

I was off to view this car (Hamilton right?) the weekend after you bought it. Received an email from the owner saying he'd just sold it. Jealous! Glad to see it's gone to a good home though :)

Thanks - yep this is the same car. If its any consolation once I was happy with it I didn't muck around.

Some of the best finds are discovered outside from the daily trawl through TradeMe huh ;) I think its very easy to forget that these days.

Thanks - yep this is the same car. If its any consolation once I was happy with it I didn't muck around.

Some of the best finds are discovered outside from the daily trawl through TradeMe huh ;) I think its very easy to forget that these days.

Hello, can i ask how you found it??

I think I found it on another BMW NZ site, buried somewhere and with one terrible photo and no email address. Made some enquiries, was emailed a better photo...made arrangements to drive to Hamilton in the weekend...FOILED 2 days later!

Oh well...enjoy the car. It looks absolutely amazing. Go you! Hope I can find another one (not holding my breath!)

Edited by dbkiwi

I assume this car isn't for sale!? The more I look at it, the more sad I am that I missed out :(

If you ever change your mind, let me know? :)

double thumbs up! looking amazing

wow that looks sooooooo mint.

take care of her mate if i had that thing i think id bubble wrap it and make it a garage queen

I approve. Those wheels look great

I want this car. I need this car!

Dylan, when are we getting one of these? Have you found me one yet?

Now wearing some new shoes, some 16x8 BBS RS's.

Posted Image

:wub:

Was talking to the previous owner today Phil.... youve got yourself a loverly M3 there. Bob Donaldsons a nice character too

Cheers Glenn :D

Yep he's a good bugger, thats for sure. It was a pleasure doing the deal with him, and we've remained in contact since.