Sign in to follow this  
philwalter

My new car

Nice to meet you the other day .. Polaris silver is quite a rare colour im finding out.

One day when I'm rich and famous I'm going to own one exactly like that.

Mint car.

Chap in the USA makes replica Sport Evo splitters that are an exact mould of the original. The genuine ones are made of carbon and very brittle ( and expensive). This is neither carbon,plastic nor fiberglass ....something else, but I think it adds a nice touch to the front of the car. Mine arrived today and this is just a mock up to get it right, but I think its pretty close. Its just a few screws under the bumper so can easily be removed again down the line if required.

Also yesterday I picked up new Bilstein Sport shocks and H&R Sport springs from our forum sponsor SUSPENSION.

They won't lower the car much but the ride will improve 100%. Just waiting on a shipment to arrive which includes all new shock mounts and also all the bits for a total rebuild on my shifter to cure an annoying buzz and then its fun times ahead :D

Over winter I plan to do a full restore on the BBS RS's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Phil75

wow man i must of missed this thread but im loving you car . hopefully one day i can get an e30 m3

again wow congrats

Bit of an update......

Been a few small projects finished off in the last few months. The 3 piece staggerd Schnitzers I bought earlier I fully restored and are now on the car. Lots of people wanted to see pics of them on the car so I took a few this evening. Toyo T1R - 245/35/17 rear and 215/40/17 front which is the original OEM sizing used for these back in the day. The handling of the car has been transformed with the Schnitzers, so much more lively and much better turn in....an amazing difference.

I took the whole front of the car off. Got the bumper stripped, sanded back and repainted as it had some stone pitting and let the rest of the car down. Also replaced the sunroof panel as there were some tiny rust bubbles coming through on the original. All the paint work was done by Bays Car Painters in Browns Bay whom I can't speak of highly enough. High quality work, and well priced.

The headlights were also a bit pitted so had all these replaced also - this was a painfull job, all the plastic fastners were so old I had to be super carefull not to break them when taking apart the headlight units. Also replaced the front M3 badge with a new OEM one, and all the front trim, headlight trim rings etc etc.

Enjoy the piccys :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Epic mate, love what you have done with the wheel setup

Faaaanfriggentastic!

Very clean mate, well done.

Looking beautiful, fantastic taste which is rare.

Edit: You are also a very good car photographer. No graffiti'd background or unreal location in sight, and just a really nice shot.

Edited by nath

Looking beautiful, fantastic taste which is rare.

Edit: You are also a very good car photographer. No graffiti'd background or unreal location in sight, and just a really nice shot.

Thanks for the kind words :-)

I'm a professional photographer, so I guess its hoped I should be able to take a half decent photo. Work the light and the angles instead of playing around for hours later in Photoshop is more my style. Though I was actually out in Riverhead Forrest parked up on the side of the road catching up with a mate who was out riding his MTB...just caught the nice evening light and didnt have to try very hard.

Sweet.

Holy! So jealous! Amazing repsonse from everyone here which goes to show you got a dimepiece and are an envy of many. Hope to see this on the street oneday.

Love it .. good to see your suttle mods and attention to detail. Another perfectly done vehicle.

what camera/lens are you using? I was about to ask if the DOF was Photoshopped, but then saw your following post.

what camera/lens are you using? I was about to ask if the DOF was Photoshopped, but then saw your following post.

Canon EOS 1DMK4 & 50mm f 1.4 used wide open - hence the shallow depth of field :-)

If I dont sell my E30 which is up for sale atleast you have given me new hope that oneday i'll own an E30 half as nice as thins