Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

This Weekends Job

You forgot the sides! Is that next weekends project? Good stuff on the front!!

^ Nah decided the sides are too intricate to get right. Atleast with the front there are a few easy landmarks to base angles off e.g. tow hooks, the door panels and guards don't have as many, so will leave the thin double stripe for now. Cheers :)

You forgot the sides! Is that next weekends project? Good stuff on the front!!

Was thinking that! but i wasnt 100% sure the alpina had them so didnt mention it ha

Nice work Nath! Good to see the dedication for running coming back! I need some motivation like that.

Don't worry man, you'll feel better when I drag you through in 72min pace for the NP half marathon B)

Running fast > E30's

I never updated this...had a few edges pull off where I didn't clean the paintwork properly in combination with the flooding + hard rain we had down here so I pulled them off.

They did look good for the time they were on the car though.

I never updated this...had a few edges pull off where I didn't clean the paintwork properly in combination with the flooding + hard rain we had down here so I pulled them off.

They did look good for the time they were on the car though.

Sucks!

Mine have held on alright other than in one part.. which was entirely my mistake. Hrmm.

Maybe washing the car right before with water wasn't the best idea? =/

I assume you dried the car off throughly and did not install these in the rain, and left the car for a few hours before getting them wet? in my experience with decals you have to make sure water does not touch them or they come off by the end of the week. havent applied to paint before, but to glass thats definately the case. Are you going to do them again?

^ I am not that stupid of course I did. I chamois'd the car fully but obviously can't dry behind the guards very well were the edges stick.

No I won't stripes are excess weight on a track car.

^ I am not that stupid of course I did. I chamois'd the car fully but obviously can't dry behind the guards very well were the edges stick.

I should of been more clear ;)

Yeah, one drop on those edges and they were forked eh.

Mate.. i didn't even clean my car at all before I applied mine ;P

They must stick to dirt well!

lol i didnt meant to say you were. just saying water doesnt like them. you should be able to dry those areas too though. thats the added benifit of removable grills and tails and why you can open and close doors to get into the joins. should have done that after washing the car, or let it sit for a while to drain itself.

Lol @ weight. 20grams if that?

dw, picked up on it :P