Sign in to follow this  
VeeDub

BBS RS/RM lips GROUP BUY

I'll be ordering some wide lips for my 15" RMs in the near future and a few people here have expressed interest in also ordering some.

Am still working through quotes to get the best possible prices but if anyone is keen please PM me with what you want so I have an idea on numbers.

If you can beat $200nzd incl shipping a lip, I'm in.

i'm in. would be really keen, have been thinking of this for a while. PM me when you get a price. my rs' are 16" though would you be able to get them in aswell?

Hope you got my pm the other day dude, username change since then ^_^ but anyway. Keen depending on price.

Yeah Brams I got you in. I'm getting provisional numbers together over the next few days then I can get firm pricing based on that. From there i'll get the OK from everyone and go ahead and order once everyone is happy with the prices.

Brockie we can get lips to fit anything. Are yours 34 hole like the ones in your pic? PM me how many of which sizes you're after and confirm 30/34 hole. Cheers!

roughly how much would one be looking for 17"x4" outer barrels? what finish do they come in? and who makes them?

got a website we can look at, or is it secret squirrel?

roughly how much would one be looking for 17"x4" outer barrels? what finish do they come in? and who makes them?

There are lots of places that do them. Look on ebay .com, .de, .uk and search for BBS. Justmatz website is good. Finding the cheapest bits depends alot on exchange rate. for example i got a quote of 375EURO for 4x lips for a set of 15" RS's or Justmatz is 90POUND ea. Then Tunershop in the states is $159. Also have to account for shipping which is where you will most likely save with the group buy.

Let me know what widths you're after. I'm still getting everyone's specs this week, the more we get together the better prices we should get. Nothing secret squirrel, I'll be getting quotes once I have all specs so we can get firm pricing from various different suppliers/countries and will factor in the best currency to roll with. I'll then let everyone know the cost of their set incl. their share of the shipping. Hopefully they will work out fairly cheap seeing as we have around 8 sets wanted so far.

Finishes are generally (if not always) polished and not clear coated although you may be able to get cleared ones. Will go with a company that everyone is happy with - there are only minor differences but from my knowledge they are all pretty good at what they do. Cheers

cool. probably 17x4" lips x2. ill need to check this, but thats about the size im after. what date are you looking to order these?

also, can you get spiked bolts from the same place too? those are sick.

Are your wheels 34 hole? I will get back to you on the spiked bolts thing.

Update for all: I have emailed 7 different places/people for quotes and am waiting on replies now. At this stage we are getting pricing on 36 outer lips which I imagine would command a decent price and postage saving.

cool. also, might be keen on the tool to remove/fit the little wheel bolts.

heres the rims, they're Strosek, made by BBS. I've just bought them and am getting them delivered next weekend, so can measure the 34 bolt pcd at that point if need be.

Posted Image

Cool they are the same lips as RS yeah? I have the socket bits for them, you can get 'the bolt shop' on Archers Road, Glenfield (i think that's what it's called). Cost about $10 each.

yeah im really hoping they are the same. i cant see why they would be different but will measure them to check anyway. do you have an idea on prices and shipping costs yet?

yeah im really hoping they are the same. i cant see why they would be different but will measure them to check anyway. do you have an idea on prices and shipping costs yet?

I'll confirm before going ahead that they fit the stroseks anyway. No idea on prices yet am waiting to hear back, will be getting quotes through over the next few days i'm sure. With 36(ish) lips on the order i'm pretty confident we'll get them cheap enough to make it a logical purchase!

FIRM PRICES:

15" $145

16" $317

17" $362

All prices are per lip and regardless of width (so you might as well go wide!)

So far I have:

Name QTY Size

APT 4 15 x 3.5

Brams 4 15 x 1.5

340i 2 17 x 4 (34 hole)

Brockie 4 16 x 2/16 x 2.5 (30hole)

Jamez 4 ?? Please comirm

If I have anything incorrect please let me know. If you're happy with what I have above and would like to go ahead please confirm and I will PM finer details.

We're getting the order sent to Auckland for FREE. Once they've arrived you can collect from my place in Ponsonby or I can post them to you at your cost (prefer pick up!!)

We are ordering from http://www.racingteam-hofmann.de/

You'll find them on ebay:

http://members.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBay...;userid=rth2004

Please take the time to browse their site. If there's anything else you'd like i.e. bolts, centrecaps etc let me know exactly what you'd like and i'll price it and add to order. What you see on the site is what you can get.

Sorry mate count me out. Have been meaning to pm you.

Hey man

What sort of prices can you do on the following:

BBS center badges/caps 70,6mm black/chrome RS RM #283) (4 piece)

polished hexagonal aluminium center caps for BBS RS (4 piece)

120x BBS RM RS or RH OZ gold plated bolts

Thanks in advance.

Also interested to know about the cost of center badges and bolts, exactly the same as Mark.

Have we got any further on this?

I'm itching to get my bling on! :D