Sign in to follow this  
dreamkast

msports on trademe

So my 323i 96 msport just got written off and im looking to replace it with basically the same thing or maybe a 328.

price range is basically 6k. These are a couple im looking at ,but I cant tell if this one is a legit msport or its just the kit.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-281914545.htm

Also if you know of any decent ones going on trademe, please link me up im geting desperate (need a replacement soon)would like k's to be under 200

sweet,gona go check it out soon as poss.had a little concern as i looked on car jam it has been off the road for some long intervals. and also not sure if its a full msport just the kit ?

check if it has the black hoodlinning , that will tell you .

black hoodlinning .

mtec body kit ,

sport seats , (normally half leather)

sports steering wheel with thumb grips and blue and red stitching etc

Why not check the build tag under the rear seat and then post the numbers up to be decoded.

There's a PDF file floating around here somewhere with all the options code, supposedly there is no such thing as a genuine E36 Msport, mine had the option code for "sports body and suspension" and has the sports seats, yet no black hood lining and Msport steering wheel. But, can't argue with a BMW build tag that matches the chassis number.

From memory option "704" is Msport body and suspension and 304 is the option just for Msport suspension without the kit?

You could basicly option on any Msport option in an E36.

Edit; Read through this

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....6+options+codes

Edited by Duckeater

Cheers mate, learn more by the hour bout bmw's. Just wondering if you guys could tell just by looking at it if it has a sports body. and would guys be suspect bout any of the info that comes up with its reg in carjam?

hell my genuine e36 m3 sedan has a grey hood lining.

very nice fabric but grey all the same

Edited by btccm3

cheers, how does that 1 blue one you guys linked me,compare to this one? its probably abit out of the way to look at but would like to know. Also where exactly is that build number on the back seat,never saw it on my old one, and im gona ask the guy who owns the blue 328 to have a look at it before i come round for a look.

These are Msport body E36's. The front bumper is different to mine [has for some reason been replaced, look at my gallery] these two have skirts on the side and the rear diffuser. Most Msport body optioned cars had an M badge on the leading edge of the black door trim. Msport had a 25.5mm front sway bar and an 18mm rear sway bar. Supposedly they sit slighty lower.

To get the build numbers, lift the rear seat squab and there should be a small rectangular piece of paper stapled to the cusion. It will be written in German of course, but you will find a series of three digit numbers, these are your options. I will try get a picture up asap to explain if you need.

For example mine has the codes,

240 Leather Steering Wheel w/ Airbag

243 Passenger-Side Airbag

423 Velour Floor Mats

428 Warning Triangle/First Aid Kit

530 Air Conditioning

542 Check Control

686 Diversity Antenna

687 Radio Pre-wiring

704 Sport Styling (body and suspension)

818 Main Battery switch.

900 Acknowledged Vehicle Immobilization It.AZT/TUV

925 Shipping Protection Package

post-4655-1274748289.jpg

post-4655-1274748309.jpg

ahh my last 323i msport had th m badge at the front of the black door trim , was a big of my cars last body.So i guess I needa look for the msport body option number on the cars im looking at. I never knew that e36's only had msport options and wern't true msport, so I guess the main msport features im looking for are the msport body, msport rims if possible (like my old one) will chuck some pictures up.

Hey dude, Nick here SJ..

I dont think your old one had the motorsport body kit did it? Anyway doesnt matter now.

I am seriously considering selling mine for approx $7,500. PM me if you are keen.

hmmm not sure ,it had the little msport logo on the black strip of the exterior.

would love to man, but probs a tad outa my price range atm. if none of these cheaper onces come through, might get back to you in a wee while,but really need a car asap.

my old car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So these 2 are the only ones that im looking at ,tryna decide which way to go, the black ones in rotorua so is abit of a mission, just wondering what your guys opinions are on how they compare.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=291710029

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=290166216

Your old car is just a bog standard 323i with M-logo door mouldings and what appears to be wheels from an E39 5 series.

Out of the two links you've posted the black one (which is a members car) will have the motorsport suspension package. The blue one is just a standard 328i sedan with an M-sport body kit and wheels thrown on it.

hmm musta been had then im sure when I bought my car it was said that it had the msport suspension.

Hmmm rotoruas quite a drive though for the black one :\ . Pretty keen on having the msport suspension though,and does the black one also have the msport body kit? and if im right doesnt the black one also have the msport interior with the half leather driver seat etc?

The blue one is just a standard 328i sedan with an M-sport body kit and wheels thrown on it.

How can you tell? Mine has all the Msport suspension, but standard bumpers.

Nothing else on the market similiar? Im liking the interior,somewhat the rims more of the black one but looks like im not gona be able to check it out before a buy.

Isn't there a website called sella.co.nz? Might be worth a perve.

Sweet would like to get a few more opinions on that blue one,wether it has the msport suspension and what not.also arnt the rims spose to have the bmw badge in the middle like shown here rims

(those are the some ones right?).

How can you tell? Mine has all the Msport suspension, but standard bumpers.

Can't tell for sure without build sheet.... but basic cloth interior is a giveaway as is high-riding suspension on the 17's.

Can't tell for sure without build sheet.... but basic cloth interior is a giveaway as is high-riding suspension on the 17's.

Didn't notice that it was riding to high, I stand/sit corrected. Very nice rims though, they are E36 M3 reps aren't they? I think the interiors are a completely different set of options all together, but, it would be odd for one to have a boring interior + all the kit and suspension. It would be more common just to have the kit wouldn't it? Either way it's a great looking car and fairly good value for money.

But the other one is far nicer at the end of the day

Cheers im tryna sort out some sort of deal with tryna drive down and view the black one on the weekend. What do you mean by m3 reps (as in replicas?) sorry complete noob and tryna learn alot more.

Wheels on the blue car are genuine. The replica (rep) versions of the M Double Spoke wheels don't have "BMW" stamped on the face, only the word motorsport.

I'm not too sure about the NZ new cars, but certainly there were E36 models sold in the UK which were listed as "MSport" models, the red picture in one of Duckeaters early posts is one of the 328i MSport versions, they came with those great alloys as standard, along with the body kit, suspension, half leather interior and the black headlining. IIRC these only came out in the coupe bodyshell as well.

Then towards the end of the E36s life span there were other MSport editions, on pretty much any body or engine size. These were sold by BMW as Msports but basically consisted of the standard level car, with a package of the body kit, suspension, alloy and interior for less than it would cost to option them on the base cars.

This is where it gets cloudy, as any car could have one of the MSport options added for an additional cost, whether it be the kit, suspension, alloys, etc. These are often listed as "MSport" cars, a better description would be a 328i with MSport option(s) as opposed to the MSport versions which have the given list of options included as standard.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top