Sign in to follow this  
dreamkast

msports on trademe

Was thinking bout offering him 6k. then saving up abit and geting new rims and mspec suspension for it.

4 door 328 when over 6k so not interested, someone tell me I did the right thing lol, bided all the way up to 6k.

Ok buy at $6030.

Be patient mate, a good deal will come up

Cheers, I dont wana rush into anything but at the same time I got no car at the moment. If you guys know of anything or ways I could take let me know. Basically im set on a 328, with msport options , preferably coupe (and leather trim,sunroof are big +'s)

Well I fully plan on when I find out if the specs and looks of it pass the test. Never bought a car without taking it for a spin.

A little bit more and you could have mine :P

Leather sport seats, electric seats and sunroof, all the kit..

Come down on Sat and check out a few at one tree hill. There will be heaps of e36s!

Hmm Dunno eh im pretty keen on the lowish k's eh . Just got back from checking out the blue 328i that was recommended in the first post, it had problems in the first gear changing to the 2nd, it would like jump to real high revs then jump into the next gear which made the whole car jerk (even after it warmed up a little bit.) cosmetics wern't too bad, apart from the sunroof was scratched quite bad,and a spot of paint peelage on the top. All in all not gona get it unless these problems are easily fixed.

Still very very very keen to get a 328 4 or 2 door with msport options asap

Sounds like that 328 has the Jatco jerk...

It seems all your paying extra for with the purple car is the full leather and the guys brand new M6 rep rims, which I can't say I am a fan of on e36's.

It all really depends on what you are wanting to pay, rather than posting links to a whole lot of different cars that are different prices and asking what we think of each.

thoughts on these 2

323 no2

Rather than post links willy nilly, make a decision on what you actually want and how much you actually want to spend. Your original post states 6k is your top dollar but you post a car with an 8.3k asking price! Quite a big difference. If you want worth while advice, post worth while questions.

Yer sorry with the link spam ,but I need a car asap,but at the same time dont wana rush into something im not keen on. Ive asked lots of worth while questions that havnt been answered.

You could always save the money and have my sensible 320i coupe, it has the Msport suspension. Economical and makes the same sound.....

Cheers for the input, think im not gona go lower than the 323 though, pretty keen for the next step up from 2.5, but would still be content with the 2.5. Im basically set on finding a low k 328 standard coupe and adding M spec options as I go along, unless 1 thats already mspec comes along in my price range which I would be open to 323,328's 2 and 4 door. Sorry for spamming hard, now I got a better idea on what I want ,this thread will be alot more sensible.

Link us to the 320i anyway duck keen to have a looksie.

Cheers for the input, think im not gona go lower than the 323 though, pretty keen for the next step up from 2.5, but would still be content with the 2.5. Im basically set on finding a low k 328 standard coupe and adding M spec options as I go along, unless 1 thats already mspec comes along in my price range which I would be open to 323,328's 2 and 4 door. Sorry for spamming hard, now I got a better idea on what I want ,this thread will be alot more sensible.

Link us to the 320i anyway duck keen to have a looksie.

Go for a 328i. I would if I could afford to and I wouldn't settle for one without factory Msport suspension. I don't expect you could find a cheap enough 328i to outweigh the minimal difference in price. It would cost at least 2000 to do the properly.

My slowmobile

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=292607680

K guys probably gona have to increase my price range and save for a little, just as buying standard and mspecing later is probably gona cost more in the long run. The black 328 from this forum,had a few things I wernt happy with mainly the jerk from 1st to 2nd gear though,may consider it but looking more inclined to spend a wee more now.

It's always better to find a great one and not have to spend all your hard earned money replacing half the interior and the gearbox.

Yer man I get ya. When I say buy standard and mspec it my self I dont mean like finding a peice to do up. Talk about finding a real low k well taken care of standard 328 and adding msport bodykit,springs and rims to it basically. But yer would still rather find 1 in good mspec condition.I may try get guy selling the 323i couple in metallic mora to lower a little.

Cheers bro. Thanks for the help. ill let you guys know what I end up with . Please let me know if you guys find any e36 mspecs to check it out

Cheers bro. Thanks for the help. ill let you guys know what I end up with . Please let me know if you guys find any e36 mspecs to check it out

Dude, these cars are 10-15 years old. M-Spec suspension or not, if its on the original shocks even if its done under 100k, is probably not very bmwish now. The differences between M-Spec suspension and std is sweet f/a in day to day driving and since our household has both M-Sport and non M-Sport in our driveway, the ride height difference is neglible as far as I can tell. Dont let the k's rule your head either as these dashes are replaced pretty easily, carjam may give you some piece of mind, but honestly get a car that has been serviced to death. Get a 328i if you really need to get an E36 in that price bracket.

Definately try to get the M-Sport kit if you can but dont think it is going to be any faster or lower for that matter regardless of what the websites say, but thats just my opinion. I like the coupes personally, but the 4 doors are definately more practical when it comes to passengers.

I have done a load of maintenance on mine, so buy one that has had a heap of love, care and pingers thrown at it.

Oh yes I couldnt NOT have full leather and heated seats, especially on these winter mornings.

Dont worry about rims and tyres cause you WILL change them regardless of what you get.

Good luck bro

Lol I know that getting mspec kit and rims are not gonna make it faster, just for me to be content and happy with the look of my car I would need rims im happy with and the mspec or Ac bodykit.

What do you mean if its done low k's and on the original springs its not gonna be very BMW ish? Would like to learn abit more about what your talking about. And yepp so keen for a well serviced car with close to FSH,but can be hard to find.

Also would like a coupe better but will settle for a 4 door if right.

Hmm Dunno eh im pretty keen on the lowish k's eh

high k's plus serviced well > low k's with no history when we are talking about a 15 year old car.

Ive asked lots of worth while questions that havnt been answered.

From looking through this thread it would seem everything has been quite well covered. Could you explain?

also why not go for a 318,320,323,325? its only an auto anyways