Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

$2500 E34 M5!

Geez the dude is dodgy.

Son had (has?) a purple E36 M3, satin black wheels. It went for a $1 auction here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=297024877

You can see in the feedback it was won by the strat (jessmcd), and feedback posted:

"Excellent trader and a very nice car too."

And then above that the Trademe cancellation. Geeeeeezzzzz.....

Edited by CamB

It has temporary reg until 03/11 by when it can be registered in the normal way in NZ because model will be 20 years old. I have all the dereg cert papers from Japan needed to do this and it would cost not much more than registering any other new car.

This is utter bullshit - the vehicle must be 20 years old, from date of first registration not build date, when it ARRIVES in NZ. Doesn't matter how long it sits here from then on. Would be a whole world of pain and paperwork to get this compied and registered. My guess is that he has found this out and realises what is involved, so trying to flick it to some unsuspecting mug.

The guy is an utter cock and does not deserve such great cars - should be laws against such things!

That $2500 reserve a while back on sella or whatever represented it's true value didn't it. I don't think it was a mistake the right person got in his ear and told him how it all works and only a track day enthusiast will buy it, or buy it for the motor etc.

common sense has rubbed off now.

I don't think it was a mistake the right person got in his ear and told him how it all works and only a track day enthusiast will buy it, or buy it for the motor etc.

Unfortunately there is a lot of history with this car and in particular the guy selling it, numerous low reserve auctions (for this and other nice beemers) which get won but don't go through, usually with lots of suspect bidding, then the car pops up again for a low reserve sale. Look at the feedback history already, how many incomplete auctions, and excuses.

You are right without the correct paperwork it's only worth about 2.5k, even with the paperwork the compliance would be a real mission.

Now back on TradeMe as a no reserve listing, let's see if it sells this time...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=332657409

I think you were a bit optimistic with your bid there Foxy :P !

Dam thing's probably underweight anyway. :lol:

Has anyone had any dealings with this Strat guy? Just curious if his name is Mathias by chance?

Has anyone had any dealings with this Strat guy?

I'm not sure if anyone has dealt with him in person, but he has been well and truly torn to pieces on some of his TradeMe listings due to their totally inaccurate information and generally suspect nature. There are a couple of threads on here as well, referring to him by his TradeMe name which used to be Strat1 until he was banned, and has come back under another couple of names.

I have just been through the CarJam report for this "Alpina M5" which turns out to be registered as an ATV class of motorcycle, hasn't had a warrant since 2008 and failed on it's last trip to the testing station. <_<

Anyone interested in this car needs to very carefully check through the compliance process - just because it is 20 years old and LHD doesn't mean it can be complied as an import. I am pretty sure the age thing is 20 years from first registration (not build date) up to when it ARRIVES in NZ, not when you take it for compliance.

Has anyone had any dealings with this Strat guy? Just curious if his name is Mathias by chance?

Yeah, I owned a car he'd had at some stage, goes by the name Maddy, so may be Mathias?

Sounds like a guy that I've had some issues with. He has / had an E46 M3 CSL that has had the following registration plate history:

O0 04/12/2007

SY9 15/12/2006

LOW2S 12/12/2006

BMW387 12/05/2006

BZS454 28/04/2004

One of these plates SY9 has also been attached to that E34 M5 at some stage, along with '0O' (is close to the O0 on the M5 plate history).

It appears that he swaps plates around between different cars and then back again every so often. Dodgy alright.

Funnily enough he also used to have an NZ built 1985 Ford 'Mobile Machine' (whatever that is) reg number 'EXIGE' that was Class B exempt vehicle but I see this plate is now fitted to a 1990 Mazda MX5.

The guy's a douche bag, trying to use the 20 yr thing, but won't say it's 20 years from first reg, not manufacture. No such other category yet either, real case of false advertising if you ask me.

Stay clear unless it becomes a real bargain as a race car. :D

You can actually register a car outside of the 20 year thing ... it has been done by a couple of members legally here with their e30 M3s.

You can actually register a car outside of the 20 year thing ...

True, the "Special Interest" category. However, in the TradeMe listing he is just saying it will be 20 years old so no problem to register it. When I looked at the SI category it did look a bit more work to get a vehicle accepted and it was down to someone's call at NZTA rather than a clear cut decision. IMHO with the whole dodgy way this vehicle has been registered as an ATV (and used on the road!) and kept here all this time NZTA are pretty unlikely to say yes without a lot of hard work and $$$$s from the new owner.

All I am trying to say is "buyer beware" it's a great car and should be owned by someone who will appreciate it rather than this knob who is not kosher.

Someone needs to buy this and take the motor and put it in an E30 :D

Seriously though, this is guy just dodgey. He also had that E36 M3 for sale a while back that was remapped so it was fast than a M3 CSL

Was 100% deliberate, based on previous "no reserve" auctions failing to complete.

Indeed.

Will be interesting to see what happens tonight when the auction finishes if the sale goes through this time... <_<

RANDOM: just got an email offering it to me for 10.9k.

Why when the bid was 10k ? Dodgey as dodge can be IMO.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I just got an email offering it for $10,900, he's playing his old games again, the wanker. :P

When I looked at the SI category it did look a bit more work to get a vehicle accepted and it was down to someone's call at NZTA rather than a clear cut decision. IMHO with the whole dodgy way this vehicle has been registered as an ATV (and used on the road!) and kept here all this time NZTA are pretty unlikely to say yes without a lot of hard work and $$$$s from the new owner.

Its really down to two people in the NZTA .. one isnt a car person the other is. Just hope you get the one that knows whats up.

Someone needs to buy this and take the motor and put it in an E30 :D

haha think someones doing that at the moment

Edited by Gotheschu

I just got an email offering it for $10,900, he's playing his old games again, the wanker. :P

Just say; "yeah I dont want to pay that, do you actually ever want to sell that thing?"

Its really down to two people in the NZTA .. one isnt a car person the other is. Just hope you get the one that knows whats up.

Thankfully it's the car enthusiast/ casual trackday racer that now deals with all Special Interest vehicles at LTNZ and not Fiona Waititi.

haha "someones" doing that at the moment

You know you can't use it in the E30 series don't you Jack :D ?

Just say; "yeah I dont want to pay that, do you actually ever want to sell that thing?"

It's a pity you can't actually put a comment on when you reply to an offer or I would give a few choice words.

Funny how this appeared late last night...

Seller Comment: Thanks for letting me know, bid removed. 7:34 pm, Mon 29 Nov

when the obviously dodgy mate Thorbet with all of 5 star feedback was leading the bidding because the went past the maximum auto-bid of the genuine person! Time for an e-mail to TradeMe I think.