Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

MY NEW DTM'S

untrue, alot of sizeable tips amplify the exhaust note with their megaphone effect....

A tip will do nothing to change the sound of an exhaust note. As shitty coby (or like) will probably give you the same performance increase as a $600 APEXi N1.

When i say tip i'm reffering to the end muffler only ... i was a bit vague before ...

And in performance upgrade i'm reffering to what bumpstop did on his car, with an entire upgrade of exhaust system ...

And i think you will find there is a performance difference in the coby and apexi when used properly ...

A tip will do nothing to change the sound of an exhaust note.

And one last thing .. i just remembered when i changed JUST the tip on my 318 from an 1.5'' to a 3.5'' it went noticably louder for some reason .. !!!!!

Considering they are both a 2.5" (or what ever) diametre straight through pipe, the slightly different sound deadening material used would have an imeasurable difference. I think you will find that the light weight of high end mufflers is their point of difference.

A tip will do nothing to change the sound of an exhaust note. As shitty coby (or like) will probably give you the same performance increase as a $600 APEXi N1.

Keep in mind that the length and diameter of pipes can increase or decrease performance and resonance quite drastically (fluid dynamics and sound resonance)

Since mufflers and resonators have alot of affect on exhaust noise and since Tim's previous muffler was shot let's all hope that this new one has taken away that tinny, shoddy sound that was there and has replaced it with what i'm suspecting is a completely badassness tone :pimp:

thinkin it will carl, was like a brass razoo before......

should go better as well, no squashed pipes or collapsed baffles to choke it up

:thumb:

It looks great Tim. Did you dyno it before? That will answer the performance question.

Could you possibly post up a sound clip of what they sound like .. for us Southerners right down the bottom that has no chance of seeing it in person .. ??

i like it and thats all that matters. people who have seen it and heard (sic&homy) it think its totally badass. andy,dave,gus etc will no dought post there opinion when they here it this weekend, when i go to the green day concert.

rice?.........so homy d clown's e36 and welly-e34's cars are both rice???? it must be good sh*t your on bro, coz i want some.

i want to post up sum sound clips but i got no mic.

the car feels stronger. when taking off from the line. looks like i might have to go to the drags and lay another 1/4 mile down to see if it goes any faster.

Guest Andrew

i like it and thats all that matters. people who have seen it and heard (sic&homy) it think its totally badass. andy,dave,gus etc will no dought post there opinion when they here it this weekend, when i go to the green day concert.

dammit i'll be in farking tauranga again - i'll be back 9 ish saturday night. Will we be seeing you then?

my timetable for the weekend:

Thurs -leave palmy 4 tga

Fri -leave tga for aux via hams sumtime after 4pm

Sat -Green day concert

Sun -recover

Mon -leave aux for palmy

im keen for town on fri and sat.plus alot piss drinking aswell with mates!!

so homy d clown's e36 and welly-e34's cars are both rice

Do they have big s/s pipes out the back? Do they like BURNOUTs? Even though they are Having A Blast i would consider this "JDM Inspired" which other CHUMPs may term 'rice'. I love JDM, but not on euros. When I Come Around i will judge. In The End i am just Coming Clean.

Welcome to paradise.

If any one is not quick enough to get it click here

Do they have big s/s pipes out the back? Do they like BURNOUTs? Even though they are Having A Blast  i would consider this "JDM Inspired" which other CHUMPs may term 'rice'. I love JDM, but not on euros. When I Come Around i will judge. In The End i am just Coming Clean.

Welcome to paradise.

If any one is not quick enough to get it click here

For someone that owns a euro and seems to know what looks good on a euro, I'm shocked that you think a DTM styled muffler is "JDM Inspired", now that is rice!!

Go and check out some euro forums to find out what euro styling really looks like, it for sure ain't JDM inspired, in fact the opposite seems to be happening, JDM stylz seem to be taking on the Euro strectched tyre look, esp. in the drift scene!!

Some yes, but this specific one, is big and shiny and a nice twin chromed Remus would look better, than upturned fully S/S stuff, IMO of course.

Im happy you are happy, if you like it that is all that matters, I personally dont. If all cars were styled by me, yes they would be cool, but boring, so in summary;

my dad can beat your dad up, a number 1 undercut is better than a mullet and coke is better than pepsi.

dude, you get funnier every day - lovin' it!

Guest Andrew

my timetable for the weekend:

Thurs -leave palmy 4 tga

Fri -leave tga for aux via hams sumtime after 4pm

Sat -Green day concert

Sun -recover

Mon -leave aux for palmy

im keen for town on fri and sat.plus alot piss drinking aswell with mates!!

Thursday night lets catch up in Tga - then drinking auckland sat night.

Do they have big s/s pipes out the back? Do they like BURNOUTs? Even though they are Having A Blast i would consider this "JDM Inspired" which other CHUMPs may term 'rice'. I love JDM, but not on euros.

cant see how they are JDM style dude, when they are "DTM" style tips i.e German Touring Car Masters replica style...

This thread is turning into rubbish and is going no-where.

Cheers