Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Fuel Economy

open road too much yet, but it looks like i should get 9-11L/100km

you will be very lucky to get anything below 10......unless you are goung 90ks on the flat with a tail wind....the autos are prolly turning lower revs at 100 tho

I can resist no longer !

Since Ive been over here my 740 has averaged 16.9 mpg (14.3 l/km).

I can easily have that down to 13mpg (18.6 l/km) if I only use the steptronic to give it a good hiding, but if Im cruising then I can get around 25 mpg (9.7 l/km).

My 750 was averaged 13.6 mpg (17.85 l/km) over 2 years and the best I had on a run was 20mpg (12 l/km) :blink:

Cheers

Martyn

thats not half bad martyn...I think the best i have ever had from the 535 was 27 mpg the very first weekend i had it driving it proudly home from Auckland to Wellington=9.6km/l=10.39l 100 kms,and the very best instantaneeous reading at app 100 kms was about 9.6l 100 ks=10.44km/l=29.3mpg.I think my obc is slightly pessimestic....

van does around 8l/100km..... 50km open road (ish-few intersections and sh*t in between) and bout 30-40km round town a day, tis turbo diesel lol.... fairly spirited driving at times as well haha

Edited by CaM

Hey yeah iv got a 86 E30 320i auto, and it does about 450 k to $60 worth of 96.

Not great when i used to drive a toyota corolla which could go for what seemed like a month b4 needing a top up. Still, once youve driven a BMW theres no going back right? :mosh:

Hey yeah iv got a 86 E30 320i auto, and it does about 450 k to $60 worth of 96.

i got exactly the same as you, so i guess mine does that

Once youve driven a BMW theres no going back right? :mosh:

No f**kin way mate, and welcome to Bimmersport

Same figures for my auto 320i, so that seems about it for a E30 320. How does that compare to the 325 drivers??

And Emma, do I detect a recent dive in the language - bs must be a bad influence. :thumbsdown: Not a jab, just an observation. :ph34r:

Guest Andrew

Same figures for my auto 320i, so that seems about it for a E30 320. How does that compare to the 325 drivers??

And Emma, do I detect a recent dive in the language - bs must be a bad influence. :thumbsdown: Not a jab, just an observation. :ph34r:

60 bucks is about 47 litres.. last time I had 60 bucks and nice easy driving it did 600 k before the empty light.

320s are way worse than 325s economy wise.. in fact I have no idea why they even get bought!

Filled up friday, as per normal myself. So this should be accurate.

53.64L = $67.26 Dollars

trip counter was 515 km from last fill.

About middle of red, never let it get that low before, so topped up anyway. I 'guess' I still had another 20 ~ 30 K's left no worries.

Interesting, because I usually fill her up when I hit quarter mark.

All normal road, and typical Penrose traffic at nights. No motorway use on this tank.

according to my trip computer i do on average 8.1L/100km

on cruse control i can get as low as 6L/100km on a straight flat road.

pending on how i drive i get about the same as andy.

53.64L = $67.26 Dollars

=9.6km/litre

10.417 l 100ks.not to bad for central auckland???The 535 would prolly be 16 l 100 ks in that S*&t

53.64L = $67.26 Dollars

=9.6km/litre

10.417 l 100ks.not to bad for central auckland???The 535 would prolly be 16 l 100 ks in that S*&t

Yes - central AK.

Have to take into consideration that my motor is a twin cam 1900, and I am not heavy footed in my beamer. I cruise to cruise. Haven't been over 4500 RPM yet.

My days of burnouts and knarly squeelies are past me, so fuel savings galore here :)

If I wanted to hoon around and burn rubber, I would drive a skyline or similar. Cheap to fix, cheap to run :) ( previously owned a 2.5 skyline, hence my comment )

Anyway - yeah happy with 9.6 km/L with town driving.

well i can go to work in the morning and never exceed 2500 rpm and be light footed and there aint no way in ^%$# i would get below 12l/100k even stopping only a few times...cc plus weight =thirsty

...cc plus weight =thirsty

Absoutly - my Skyline was 450 - 480 K's out of a ~$60 tank of gas doing the same running round I do now.

I drove that car hard = crap mileage. And yes - it was a heavy car.