Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Bottlecap Centrecap mod

I've done a similar mod except I used the Alpina logo since that's the styliest logo of them all and I did it to my steering wheel, looks tits, think i'll to find other parts to plaguerise...perhaps do this to my wheels too...

E: Alpina is the shizzle!

Do you have an Alpina Steering Wheel?

Do you have an Alpina Steering Wheel?

That would be my personal take on it i.e. not so won't advertise it as such, and also, the logo would have to be printed, not just cut vinyl, so that could be a downside unless you got a clear protective layer over it.

But, I must admit would look good.

Oh, and thank you everyone for the positive comments - I've had a couple from people who have seen them in the flesh too. Makes me glad I put the effort in to do it properly.

think he put a momo one on the other day, mentioned it in the gymkhana thread???

I've done a similar mod except I used the Alpina logo since that's the styliest logo of them all and I did it to my steering wheel

looks to have just macced a logo in there

I've done exactly what Brent did, expect I did it to the steering wheel rondel, and yes I replaced the momo roundel with an Alpina one similar to the picture above. I used that picture but photochopped it heavily so that I could get the resolution up to 1200dpi and made it extremely detailed so when I printed it at 1200dpi it looks the shizzle. Just used kodak gloss photo paper. The thing is it will fade in time, but at $0.25 a piece of paper it's extremely cheap and easy to replace :)

I will post a photo if you like :D

And Grant, it's and Alpina wheel....now :lol:

I've done exactly what Brent did, expect I did it to the steering wheel rondel, and yes I replaced the momo roundel with an Alpina one similar to the picture above. I used that picture but photochopped it heavily so that I could get the resolution up to 1200dpi and made it extremely detailed so when I printed it at 1200dpi it looks the shizzle. Just used kodak gloss photo paper. The thing is it will fade in time, but at $0.25 a piece of paper it's extremely cheap and easy to replace :)

I will post a photo if you like :D

And Grant, it's and Alpina wheel....now :lol:

its not the real thing just cause you put a sticker on it..

i smell rice.

whats the point in this? its like putting ///M badges on your non ///M sport cars :thumbsdown:

i smell rice.

whats the point in this? its like putting ///M badges on your non ///M sport cars  :thumbsdown:

Of course it's a complete fake, that's the whole point, i'm just whoring it up because Alpina has the coolest looking logo. One look and you can tell it's a momo, it's not like i'm hiding that fact, if it makes you feel better i'll change the logo so it says RIPOFF :lol:

Actually, this is more like sticking Alpina badges on a car fitted with an AC Schnitzer bodykit, see what i'm getting at now :pimp:

Am thinking the Alpina wheel roundels will be pimping :mosh:

Edited by ///Carl

Mwa i G told me about this a couple of days ago...

But bloody hell that is the best example of kiwi ingeniuty i have ever seen

Well done G

i smell rice.

whats the point in this? its like putting ///M badges on your non ///M sport cars  :thumbsdown:

Of course it's a complete fake, that's the whole point, i'm just whoring it up because Alpina has the coolest looking logo. One look and you can tell it's a momo, it's not like i'm hiding that fact, if it makes you feel better i'll change the logo so it says RIPOFF :lol:

Actually, this is more like sticking Alpina badges on a car fitted with an AC Schnitzer bodykit, see what i'm getting at now :pimp:

Am thinking the Alpina wheel roundels will be pimping :mosh:

well you and anyone else who does this can officially never moan about cars branded otherwise...

still eatbumeatarse though

whats the point in this? its like putting ///M badges on your non ///M sport cars :thumbsdown:

Speaking of ..

Thers a guy round here, a right wanker, bought a 318ic with non genuine BMW M3 mags, and put a ///M badge on it, to hide its a 318

If you have a 318, be proud of it. Don't hide the fact thats its "only a 318" (quoted becuase its a lie, but what a lot of people say)

I'm gonna ask him why he re badged it when i next see him.

Alright, so here's the photo, you can pass your own judgements :)

post-8-1109363519.jpg

Only one I have since doing the wheels is

post-8-1109396783.jpg

Which is really poor due to the lightig conditions in my shed and the fact I don't have a digicam - all photos are using my phone.

I have one before I did the tails, and with the wheels centrecapless (I have never had the old centrecaps on, I only put one on so I could take a picture of it.

Anyway... (Sorry if I've posted this one before).

post-8-1109397006.jpg

But here's a photoshop effort I did for myself before I did the caps to see if I would like them.

post-8-1109397159.jpg

Speaking of ..

Thers a guy round here, a right wanker, bought a 318ic with non genuine BMW M3 mags, and put a ///M badge on it, to hide its a 318

If you have a 318, be proud of it. Don't hide the fact thats its "only a 318" (quoted becuase its a lie, but what a lot of people say)

I'm gonna ask him why he re badged it when i next see him.

But the thing is though that BMW are doing exactly that themselves. They cant shift the 318's to save their lives and they have been (for some time now) selling them with the full M treatment.

Seats, skirts, wheels and an M badge on the boot. Someone at work bought one and everyone was all ga-ga over it until I pointed out it was only a 318. The pipecleaner sized exhaust was the dead give away.

They all thought I was jealous !

But the thing is though that BMW are doing exactly that themselves. They cant shift the 318's to save their lives and they have been (for some time now) selling them with the full M treatment.

Seats, skirts, wheels and an M badge on the boot. Someone at work bought one and everyone was all ga-ga over it until I pointed out it was only a 318. The pipecleaner sized exhaust was the dead give away.

They all thought I was jealous !

I have one of those cars .... and it's only an 316ti ....

Speaking of .... Ali you never posted pictures up of your new twin tip thingy... i'm still intereseted in seeing it ...

Em - I thnk you and I are using the same product. meh - don't care that much - shiny enough, and they only last a few minutes around here - metal roads...