Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Condensation Build Up

Whenever it rains even just a little bit my car builds up with a lot of condensation on all the windows. Basically i can't see in or out of my car. I think one of the main problems is because I don't have the plastic condensation seals on my doors from the drivers and pass doors. Would this be my main problem as I don't see any leaks anywhere(checked under carpets also and found no water). Also change my front cowell cover as all the rubber had gone and replaced the quarter window rubbers as well.

The car does feel a little damp sometimes but can't find any source of water.

Anyone else have any advice. Oh and currently the ac is a bit weak so i intend on getting that serviced and regass soon.

Whenever it rains even just a little bit my car builds up with a lot of condensation on all the windows. Basically i can't see in or out of my car. I think one of the main problems is because I don't have the plastic condensation seals on my doors from the drivers and pass doors. Would this be my main problem as I don't see any leaks anywhere(checked under carpets also and found no water). Also change my front cowell cover as all the rubber had gone and replaced the quarter window rubbers as well.

The car does feel a little damp sometimes but can't find any source of water.

Anyone else have any advice. Oh and currently the ac is a bit weak so i intend on getting that serviced and regass soon.

Ive had this problem.

Take everything out of your boot. and u should find a nice puddle of water.. i had the same problem and where my spare wheel goes it was flooded. i dried it up got rid of some surface rust. sprayed some CRC soft seal on it to prevent any rust from occuring. then i left a dehumidifier in the car over night to get all the dampness out. the car is now purfect!

Hope this helps.

Sweet thanks. Will do this sometime this week when I am able to kick my dads car outside.

Before going to the expense of regassing, try cleaning and/or replacing the AC air filter...i had the same trouble with my AC so checked my filter and it was full of dust and dirt.

Works 10x better now.

Sweet I'll take a look at checking that out as well. I read that it is quite hard on the back? From the instructions i've read I just need to remove the glove box to make it easier, and then disconnect the duct pipes and i should be at the filter?

Sweet I'll take a look at checking that out as well. I read that it is quite hard on the back? From the instructions i've read I just need to remove the glove box to make it easier, and then disconnect the duct pipes and i should be at the filter?

Have just changed my filter using these instructions :

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=9827

Glove box removal is for LHD cars !

Only takes about 20mins to do . Mine must have been about 10years old! Was completely black

Hope this helps

Sweet thanks for the info. I may take my door cards off get some plastic sheet to act as a condensation seal. Will this be good enough to keep some moisture out of the car?