Sign in to follow this  
zenetti

NEW 17x8 E36 wheel just landed!

They are bang on 9kg each

So are the Schnitzers ...9.04 Kg ??? wonder why it feels so different ?

Placebo

^^ I was looking for the word for it

Best dish for the money I reckon. Maybe the offsets are different enough for a difference in feeling behind the wheel, esp if they weigh approx the same? Compacts at the best of time look a bit high from the rear, because tbh the ride height is hardly at 4wd height, and it looks like it still needs to come down a tad, but some camber will help too. Will look the tits once those jobs are done. You cant complain for the money.

Best dish for the money I reckon. Maybe the offsets are different enough for a difference in feeling behind the wheel, esp if they weigh approx the same? Compacts at the best of time look a bit high from the rear, because tbh the ride height is hardly at 4wd height, and it looks like it still needs to come down a tad, but some camber will help too. Will look the tits once those jobs are done. You cant complain for the money.

AC's were ET36 these are ET38 ... frigged if I know... the car feels so much different... if I can sense those differences I should have worked for Ferrari... .04 Kg in weight & ET2 god knows.. :blink:

BTW: I have approx -2' negative camber now... front & rear

Edited by *Glenn*

AC's were ET36 these are ET38 ... frigged if I know... the car feels so much different... if I can sense those differences I should have worked for Ferrari... .04 Kg in weight & ET2 god knows.. :blink:

Hairdressers have a good sense of feel I'm told? :D

I think they look mint Glenn! I wouldn't mind getting some gold ones for the missus coupe...

??

Just playing Glenn :P

Wheels look good btw...

What are you doing with the old snizzles? I may be interested if the price is right B)

Hairdressers have a good sense of feel I'm told? :D

I found that out years ago Dave... they also shave & swallow (the female variety) :P

Just playing Glenn :P

Wheels look good btw...

What are you doing with the old snizzles? I may be interested if the price is right B)

These are very rare (not rear) I don't know if there are any others here. I priced them new for insurance $1900 + Gst each

Ouch! worth more than my RS'!!

Maybe not haha

I like the look allot Glen! Thumbs up mate

so does this mean you gotta get a new cert ? :/

Probably... but I'm going to have to get another one anyway (3rd one) when I do the rear camber / toe kits, rear bushes, drop the rear another 20-30mm,reshorten the rear shocks, solid lower outers and adjustable top hats in the front. I thought I might have gotten pinged when I got my WOF a couple of weeks ago because my LVV plate doesn't have my new PP on it, just the old rego number.

Riley: Thanks mate :D

Edited by *Glenn*

BTW: I have approx -2' negative camber now... front & rear

It has more to do with the width of the rim and how the the tyre is seating. Your AC's are 8.5's aren't they? These are only 8" wide so you have made quite a change. These rims sit in about 8mm on the outside and a further 5mm on the inside compared to the old ones. In effect you have changed the track and this may explain why you are feeling so many differences.

Edited by zenetti

It has more to do with the width of the rim and how the the tyre is eating. Your AC's are 8.5's aren't they? These are only 8" wide so you have made quite a change. These rims sit in about 8mm on the outside and a further 5mm on the inside compared to the old ones. In effect you have changed the track and this may explain why you are feeling so many differences.

Yes ... the AC's are 8.5"

I like the feeling though... it's quite different

Edited by *Glenn*

I want to go test fit them to make sure the offset fits, would you be able to get me that deal at the christchurch branch??

They are now availabel from Chch. Let me know when you want to go in and I will let Courtney know, cheers.

They are now availabel from Chch. Let me know when you want to go in and I will let Courtney know, cheers.

Is there any at Petone branch? would be keen to check them out.

Is there any at Petone branch? would be keen to check them out.

They should be there from Monday afternoon onwards, cheers

The wheels look great! I noticed them when I was dropping off my fathers car @ B.M.W Ltd they were on Glenns car !

Edited by *Glenn*

Hey Jono, I'll pop into the chch branch around lunch 2morrow, thumbs cross they fit nicely with my hybrid setup..

On the E30, these are the sex! might put some slipon spacers though just to push it to the limit lol

Ill take some in the light at some stage, a preview though..

Posted Image

Posted Image