Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

GPS trackers for sale...<<<<<<

With so much invested in my vehicles and with concerns over theft after a break in at my friends house we started looking a GPS trackers as a way to keep tabs on our cars. What we wanted was something reliable that wouldn't cost the earth.

With much research we ended up importing a few of one particular model a ran some testing over the weekend.

Well we were surprised at how easy and reliable it is, one phone call and it will send you a text with GPS link which takes you to a map which was very accurate. With a web capable phone you can have all this in less than 5mins from anywhere.

I can set a perimeter around my house, and if it moves out of there, it texts me to let me know, and then can send messages at intervals letting me know where it is going, and at what speed.

If I'm parked somewhere to visit a friend, I can text it and it will let me know if it moves from it's current spot, and text me at intervals letting me know where and how fast it's going.

We tested it in various physical locations to check the efficiency of the GPS, and works quite a bit better than expected.

And yes, you can text it to shut down your engine, but that's a bit risky I would've thought.

Also has a backup battery.

I'm ordering in a few more for some friends, looking at about 20 of them, and thought if anyone wants to jump on board and get a good GPS tracker for less than $200, you can.

Edited by M5V8

Can these be tracked just by the internet?

Do you have a link to the product?

they use GSM network so you ring the phone number and it will text you the location as well as a URL link to a map.

You can then click the link if you have a web capable phone or insert the co-ordinates into google maps if you have a PC nearby.

Sorry I don't have pictures it's just a small black box, with lots of wires. But we are thinking of organising a demo, connecting one upto a battery and you guys can test it if you like.

I'll take a photo of it and post when I can.

$80 via ebay, Pop in a sim card and hide it somewhere on your car and you are good to go, does all the fence monitoring stuff and and if it moves from somewhere else, or you can text it and it will send you back the location.

>>Clicky me for gps tracker<<

$80 via ebay, Pop in a sim card and hide it somewhere on your car and you are good to go, does all the fence monitoring stuff and and if it moves from somewhere else, or you can text it and it will send you back the location.

>>Clicky me for gps tracker<<

Yep, works very similar way.

Not sure how effective that one is with only 220v mains rechargable battery.

The unit we have tested & works. Works really well due to the quality GPS chip.

It has battery back up but is hard wired into your car's (boat, jetski whatever) 12 or 24 volt system so it always works.

testing showed we could completely hide the installation and if it's stolen and hidden in a lockup all - steel garage (lets face it most stripped cars are) it would still transmit location.

Edited by M5V8

Yup the one I pointed to only has a 96 hour standby time which is not very much.

I correct myself for another $30 make it always on no need to charge.

>>Clicky me<<

Or i guess you could buy something here to do the same thing.

Our biggest concern with these things was whether they worked or not. No point in having a GPS tracker which has to be mounted in the car in such a way as it's easily visable to thieves, nor one that requires the car to be outside on a clear day to work correctly.

So we did our research and bought the best one we could find. I'm personally getting three, two for my cars and one for my brother's Jeep.

Probably the cheapest piece of insurance you will ever buy.

The more orders we get the cheaper it will be for everybody concerned.

Edited by M5V8

Keen, will need more info/pics/definite prices incl shipping to door. :)

Okay...

so we setup a demo for y'all.

So this goes to my mates office, which is a monitored alarmed building with no cars!!

It's setup tied to a 12v battery so it will work for awhile depending on how good the battery is!

What you do:

call 021900378

it will ring then hang up on you.

You will then get the text message with co-ordinates & URL.

URL leads to a map which you can zoom in to see the accuracy.

it is aye ;)

also trick that you could hide this thing virtually anywhere.

In the rear panels...under your seat....behind the dash. Anywhere and just run 12v to it.

No visable clue that it's installed at all.

B)

Edited by M5V8

Putting my hand up in interest. I doubt that Grandads E53 will be stolen LOL but all the same you can never be too carefull.

Would like to know more about it's power source though and if it could be hooked up to a permanent power supply instead of a battery which will probably be flat by the time my truck is stolen!

Putting my hand up in interest. I doubt that Grandads E53 will be stolen LOL but all the same you can never be too carefull.

Would like to know more about it's power source though and if it could be hooked up to a permanent power supply instead of a battery which will probably be flat by the time my truck is stolen!

the unit has a battery backup but I'm not sure what other source there could b in a car. It will run on any 12.or 24 volt source. Sounds like you should invest In a trickle charger!!!

interest is expressed. may take pair depending on price

how much wiring is there? also to hook up the engine cut thing???

there's as much wiring as you really want.

There are options for door triggers, panic buttons, fuel cut.... all these you will need to wire into the appropriate places. If you are experienced or want to pay an auto electrician you can go nuts.

Or if you have limited skills and you want to self install you can just connect to 12v and ground it and it will just work as a GPS locator. Anyone with a voltmeter and alittle electrical skills should be able to easily complete.

There's a full manual in ENGLISH as well as wiring diagrams.

Edited by M5V8

Let me know like I said earlier, seems pretty sweet deal if it has all those options ... I would definitely pay to get it pro installed ^_^

Cool.

I'll make up a list of interested people later in the week and see where we are numbers wise.

Edited by M5V8

Interested as well.

Cool.

I'll make up a list of interested people later in the week and see where we are numbers wise.

Count me in Darren.