Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

GPS trackers for sale...<<<<<<

Still keen and price is np.

Is there a link that i can check out!? As i would prefer to check it out fully before purchasing blind.

Still keen and price is np.

Is there a link that i can check out!? As i would prefer to check it out fully before purchasing blind.

specs on previous post. No links as chinese supplier sorry.

Demo unit offline to install in car however if you want I probably could ask to get it connected up again far another spin.

Edited by M5V8

Ok front up time people.

$180 per unit delivered to your nominated address.

Please place your Bimmersport forum handle in the reference field.

Email me once you have paid to confirm you have paid and they address you want it delivered to at darren_gledhill@hotmail.com

Edited by M5V8

Whens the latest you need the $ by? I get paid again early next week.

Also after Ive got one up and running, i could potentially have 4 or 5 more people interested for another order?

Ok guys lets put all our forces together and show that group buys actually work at bimmersport :D

Whens the latest you need the $ by? I get paid again early next week.

Also after Ive got one up and running, i could potentially have 4 or 5 more people interested for another order?

I doubt we will get the numbers to get the same low price a second time around.

Plus, I should have mine then :rolleyes:, I wouldn't need anymore.

Next week is okay at present we were expecting some slow to pay...

since I'm sticking all this on my credit card I would like to be as covered as possible, last thing I need is a large credit card bill, a garage full of GPS units and alot of IOU's.

Edited by M5V8

thank you to the number of those whom have already paid.

I will compile a list later next week to see where we are and if we have the numbers required for the price.

Story so far...people whom have paid and emailed me their addresses....

1.DRTE30 - out

2.swordfish----------------**paid

3.Clinton

4.Ethrty-Andy-------------**paid

5.Silver-fox

6.ashmill-------------------**paid

7.trrk

8.bmrmad

9.bbs-----------------------**paid

10.kerry--------------------**paid

11.apt

12.cliffdunedin

13.evlbmw----------------**paid

As I mentioned we need the numbers to make the price, if we don't get them we will have to refund everyone, and I will have to pay more for mine.

So if you know anyone whom maybe interested....pass on the info.

Edited by M5V8

yea mate i paid on friday and emailed you, might be in your junk folder?

Oops, paid and pm'd thanks.

1. out

2.swordfish----------------**paid

3.Clinton

4.Ethrty-Andy-------------**paid

5.Silver-fox----------------**paid

6.ashmill-------------------**paid

7.trrk

8.bmrmad------------------**paid

9.bbs-----------------------**paid

10.kerry--------------------**paid

11.apt

12.cliffdunedin

13.evlbmw----------------**paid

Pay People! i want my GPS tracker hahaha :P

+1! common! haha

Hi fella's

it's fair to say we have had a few people drop out now that it's time to buy....but don't worry we are looking at the numbers to see if we can still make it happen.

Without the bulk purchasing power the price might go up in that case everyone gets a full refund.

Should know shortly. I will keep you posted, but things are still looking economically viable.

.......even if I have to buy a few extras myself....there maybe some going to way of trademe.

Edited by M5V8

Posted Image

Isn't her ture partner?

Does this mean I can stick one on my wife and see what she's been getting up to? HAHA!

How much are we looking at delivered to Dunedin for a unit? Do they run off batteries, how long do they last for and can they be plugged into a ciggie lighter? X5's have a power point in the boot if they don't draw too much current...

$180 is the cost to you no matter where you are.

All you need is 12v constant power, there should be a fuse box in your X5 boot so you should be easily able to wire in and without utilising your boot plug. They have a battery back up which it will run on if the power is cut.

There is no ciggie lighter plug but you could easily wire one on if you so wish, however the genius of these units is in a stealth install.

I ordered and paid for the units yesterday ... so they are on their way.

At this point there probably will be a few extra's still for sale as we were alittle short on the numbers, so anyone still interested let me know.

Otherwise they are going on tardeme for over $200.

Edited by M5V8

Can I ask what is probably a stupid question?

Do these need their own dedicated cell phone connection/number? That is a new on account or prepay set up to actually run it? I'm assuming this is the case?

So connect to car, hidden away, then connected with a sim card?

Cheers.

Can I ask what is probably a stupid question?

Do these need their own dedicated cell phone connection/number? That is a new on account or prepay set up to actually run it? I'm assuming this is the case?

So connect to car, hidden away, then connected with a sim card?

Cheers.

Yes all they require to work is a SIM card. Prepay or account it doesn't care. I will be running mine on vodafone prepay and add my personal number as best friend for the cheapest rates.

If you don't use it the credit will last for quite some time.

get a 2 degrees SIM. with $2 of credit. thats all you will ever need for this. Vodafone prepay your minimum top up will be $20, and that expires in a year...

throwing that out there..

Sorry guys i missed my PM, M5V8 I will get the money over too you early next week.

Sorry for the hassle!!

Sorry guys i missed my PM, M5V8 I will get the money over too you early next week.

Sorry for the hassle!!

no worries mate, there's an extra one that I'll stick your name on.

get a 2 degrees SIM. with $2 of credit. thats all you will ever need for this. Vodafone prepay your minimum top up will be $20, and that expires in a year...

throwing that out there..

interesting.... we tested the unit that we just installed into my mates racecar last weekend with 2degrees, and it didn't seem to work. I'm not sure why that was, it could be that we didn't set the card up correctly...as it never went in a phone so you may need to authorise the number or something?

anyway we weren't sure so we threw a vodafone sim in and it worked straight away.

Anyone on 2degrees that could shine some light? as I thought that 2 degrees used the VF network anyway?

Don't know if it will help, but before i could use my 2deg Sim, i had to put it in a phone to activate it first. That might possibly why its not working in the GPS unit yet?

Cant wait to get mine lol

Don't know if it will help, but before i could use my 2deg Sim, i had to put it in a phone to activate it first. That might possibly why its not working in the GPS unit yet?

Cant wait to get mine lol

Yeah same here. 2Degrees is on its own network. totally independant of the Vodafone network and of the XT Network too for that matter.

I guess ill find out when i get it. I use both 2Degrees and 027CDMA so ill test it and then buy a 2D sim if it works. Shall I post results up here?