Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

World Cup

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spose you have to when it's your national color. You should see Orange Day over there.

When you say Orange Day do you mean Queen's Birthday? A great excuse to wear ANYTHING, that is slightly orange and get completely trolleyed. The Orange colour is the official colour of the Dutch Royal Family, hence the famous name in European politics a few years back, Prince William of Orange which leads to slightly different form of Orange Day in Northern Ireland.

Hup Holland Hup!!

I can't see anyone stopping the Gerry's after today's game...The Argentinians could have gone down by at least another 2 or 3 goals but were lucky!!

the only team i can see giving Germany trouble would be the Dutch!

Go0 Netherlands!

Best goal of the tournament - Giovani Van Bronkhorst !!

3-1 to Urguay (should have been Ghana)

Guest Simon*

Go0 Netherlands!

Agreed! If they meet ze Germans they're gonna' get creamed though

3-1 to Urguay (should have been Ghana)

No ur gay! Or you're ghana be :D

Spain netherlands in final!! and spain will take it out :D

Edited by EURO ROLLN

Germany v Netherlands Final

Netherlands to win

I can't decide if I want the Germans to win, so the Dutch can beat them in the Final (revenge for '74) or whether I want Spain to win so there is no risk of the Germans beating the Dutch and winning it again!

Certainly the Spanish and the Dutch will give Ze Germans a good game, I think the key is you have to start well and at a high tempo, to match the initial German charge. If they get in front the Germans have lots of pace and love playing on the counter attack as the other team has to chase the game and leaves a few gaps for them to expoit.

Either way, it's another good excuse to get drunk in the morning on 12th July, supposed to be snow-boarding during the day, so that could be "interesting" :unsure:

I imagine you snowboarding would be interesting Jon regardless of whether you'd had a few beers or not.

Very exciting game this morning. the gf is half dutch so she had a case of the screaming-at-the-tv's. ahaa.

I hope it's germany vs holland, then we can be at odds!

The Dutch have it in the bag against the spanish... Look at how aggressive they are playing! I think it's going to be extrodanary! Now if only America could get behind rally and f1....

It was a good game this morning. My gf is half dutch too and so are a lot of my mates, but I'm afraid I'm picking the Spanish to take out the final.

Just after watching the Spanish mid-field again I don't know how the dutch will be able to counter it, the Spanish have so much control in the midfield and just grind the other team down until eventually they find an opening. That said though, The Netherlands have been playing very strongly and after another good performance against Uruguay (even though it was a tight match) they're definitely in with a chance.

Its going to be one hell of a game, thats for sure!

Guest Simon*

Spain did a good job of shutting Ze Germans down.

Good old Soctopus called it! :D

Spose you have to when it's your national color. You should see Orange Day over there.

I was in the Netherlands last week, they were going nuts when The Netherlands got into the final and it seems all of France wants Spain to win too.

post-4408-1278849339.jpg

They had actually dyed the water in their fountain :mellow:

So whos watching? Jesus the Dutch are playing agressively that fault on Xabi Alonso was brutal

Tight, closed up game. The Dutch intentions were clear and probably necessary but made for horrible viewing. Too many bookings and free kicks but the referee did a good job in controlling it and keeping everyone on the pitch - could have been a lot worse, a lot earlier.

Interesting to see what Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has to say about Van Persie's performance compared to Fabragas.

Tight, closed up game. The Dutch intentions were clear and probably necessary but made for horrible viewing. Too many bookings and free kicks but the referee did a good job in controlling it and keeping everyone on the pitch - could have been a lot worse, a lot earlier.

+1. I fell asleep after the first half and woke up to see the goal at the end though, so it worked out alright hah.

haha "just 12 or so sprigs to the chest" ...

Spain were lucky in the end ... the game was pretty damn even and either side could've taken it, Hollands tactics to upset the Spanish backfired in the end with a player being sent off and Spain capitalising with 5 mins left.

Well done Spain.

Was not the best game i've seen .

14 yellows

1 red

And each team passed the ball back to the there own keepers more times than they had shots at goal .

I imagine you snowboarding would be interesting Jon regardless of whether you'd had a few beers or not.

Not sure if that's a compliment or not Ollie, but in the end the snowboarding was a lot like the Spanish play... lots of falling over and screaming!

If that's supposed to be the best in world football today then you can stick it up your arse. It's supposed to be a contact sport, falling over then waving your arms around in front of the ref telling him to book someone is not a part of the game in my book.

Unfortunately the guy who gets paid the least on the pitch has the most pressure to deal with and as usual was found wanting.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top