Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

Parts list to Turbo M50

Geez, I hope he doesn't take that personally (no really, actually personally).

In this case, you might just have to assume he knows what he's doing.

"Camb" should i hit him with both barrels? lol

Well first off ben you dont know what i do for a business and i cant be bothered telling, i helped design the mapecu2 and part own the company, secondly i have converted the m50 to run a cap off the cam like a m20 thus ignition is easy and before you think coil on plug is better then tell that to f1 running a single coil over 5 bar!!

Unless you know better please tell im always keen to learn.

As anyone would know the ally block pulls studs out when you lean on it hard so not smart for making big power,that all ok with you?

As for what the mapecu can do ive tuned cars over that power without a problem with it,like all tools there only as good as the person using it even motec can look like crap if not treated right.

Anything else you would like to know?

By the way my business is based world wide and was built on the base "you cant do that" yet to have someone prove other wise,you wont to be the first?

And ben you havent got my back up...........yet

Edited by crunchy

i have converted the m50 to run a cap off the cam like a m20 thus ignition is

Do you have any pictures of this? quite interested

Do you have any pictures of this? quite interested

somewhere around ive got them cant take new ones as the heads getting done for mechanical cams at the moment, i think i have some picks of the lexus v8 ive converted to single cap.

Im not using the bmw disy cap its to dam big and over the top in price.

Geez, I hope he doesn't take that personally (no really, actually personally).

In this case, you might just have to assume he knows what he's doing.

Oh f**k I LOL'd!

CamB you said [i]exactly [/i]what I thought when I read that, then I scrolled down and there it is haha

"Camb" should i hit him with both barrels? lol

Well first off ben you dont know what i do for a business and i cant be bothered telling, i helped design the mapecu2 and part own the company, secondly i have converted the m50 to run a cap off the cam like a m20 thus ignition is easy and before you think coil on plug is better then tell that to f1 running a single coil over 5 bar!!

Unless you know better please tell im always keen to learn.

As anyone would know the ally block pulls studs out when you lean on it hard so not smart for making big power,that all ok with you?

As for what the mapecu can do ive tuned cars over that power without a problem with it,like all tools there only as good as the person using it even motec can look like crap if not treated right.

Anything else you would like to know?

By the way my business is based world wide and was built on the base "you cant do that" yet to have someone prove other wise,you wont to be the first?

And ben you havent got my back up...........yet

haha sorry mate, didnt mean to cause any offense!!

Not asking questions to be a cock, Im genuinely interested,

Im just relaying info that I got straight from MAPECU for the OPs benefit

In your case maybe it can be used but, from what Ive been told from MAPECU,

it would not be suitable for the OPs application if hes using the standard ignition system.

Its only fair to inform the OP of this so he doesnt assume it can be used

and spend money on something which wont work as planned.

How will you scale for such a large increase in injector size?

MAPECU only recommend 2x the size of the standard injectors.

+1 on dizzy cap conversion pics

[.

How will you scale for such a large increase in injector size?

MAPECU only recommend 2x the size of the standard injectors.

+1 on dizzy cap conversion pics

No stress it takes alot to get up my nose but ill let you know if it happens ;)

The mapecu also has another table where you can run extra injectors and map them to any point you like,you can even get away with stock injectors then blend then rest as is needed.

So im apologise for not explaining the ignition side of things, having an external ignitor is easy for the mapecu but as peter has pointed out internal is a pain.

Everyone does things differently but im not your normal type of performance shop( i dont actualy deal with the public) but i get off on it when someone says "you cant do that",i dont confess to know more than others as i realy dont know crap and lean something new every day even after 20 plus years of producing turbos around the planet.

ps: im also not here to drum up work as im somewhat overloaded,i just like playing with things that are different and for now beamers are the flavour of the day.

Edited by crunchy

This is the turbo im using, not many will if any will know what it is.

Its called a RX8 ihi which is used in everything from can am cars to indy etc,its made from the best of the best supporting 1200hp and weighing in at 5.17kg.

And the only way you get to own them is if your part of a team as such, just know the right people helps and cost? try around 20k us.

I think its quit funny having a turbo worth more than your car :wacko:

Edited by crunchy

All I see is a warehouse sticker saying its $4.99 ;)

That exhaust housing is pretty hot.

All I see is a warehouse sticker saying its $4.99 ;)

That exhaust housing is pretty hot.

It does pay to shop at warehouse :lol:

Turbine housing is titanium, magnesium comp cover and backplate,titanium turbine wheel and billet cnc t7 7075 comp wheel, ball bearing and inconal core blah blah blah