Sign in to follow this  
skyline_400r

Got caught today for my illegal german plates

Might be worth emailing the LTSA about them, see if they're actually legal.

200 would make it a bit more resonable to buy some Europlates.

^ Doesn't say anywhere on the site that those plates are legal. IIRC, in an old debate we had about plates, we found out they were simply buying these from GermanPlates and on selling them at a markup.

Also, I do believe AutoPassion are no longer in business... their store on Moorhouse Ave is empty and for lease.

^ Doesn't say anywhere on the site that those plates are legal. IIRC, in an old debate we had about plates, we found out they were simply buying these from GermanPlates and on selling them at a markup.

Also, I do believe AutoPassion are no longer in business... their store on Moorhouse Ave is empty and for lease.

Bummer - the Chip Tunning sounded interesting if true

E38 4.4 lire V8 from 210kw > 229kw, and 420Nm > 449Nm

SLK230 from 142kw > 169kw, and 280Nm > 330Nm (I was ready to buy if I could verify their claims)

Funny thing is - my 2001 e38 735I barely fits a NZ plate on the back (i took the delaers surround off because it was too wide to fit without bending the plate. Not it looks too bare. Maybe i need spacers behind the plate so the screws can tighten without bending it.

Is it a Jap import

Still rolling Germanplates three years later, not problem from the cops :(

How much do german plates cost? And do you have to get them done in your actual number plate? Like I couldn't go get a personalised one right?v (Unless I owned that personalised plate here)

They are about $120NZD

You can get what ever you want printed on them, a lot of people in the US get them where front plates arnt required by law in some states and they get all kinds of phrases etc written on them and some people just put them on show cars.

But ideally you will get your actual plate information on it but they dont ask for confirmation that you own that specific plate, hence why they are illegal here because its too easy to obtain a plate and then commit crimes with a 'stolen identity'

^You can write "IM A PENIS" on it if you want to... they don't care.

Might help if you use your actual plate number though... just so you don't get pulled over all the time. ;)

EDIT:

Where should I buy them from?

Also does anybody have the NZ Registration plate laws?

Edited by Tristan

EDIT:

Where should I buy them from?

Also does anybody have the NZ Registration plate laws?

www.germanplates.com is the best, have bought 4 sets from Chris I think is it, excellent quality, have never had a problem with the 5-0 yet. I don't think they worry that much down here + plus I don't drive the 36 that often anyway.

also i spotted a e30 a few days ago with the nz euro plates and a normal plate cut out real thin, just around the letters and stuck on top of the euro plates. lol

much like this

post-3318-1284930981.jpg

:lol:

I appreciate that kinda humor.