Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

E30 aux fan wiring

We all ran our own wiring to battery / igniton and used a relay.

We all ran our own wiring to battery / igniton and used a relay.

Fair enough, does anyone know if theres a High and Low temp sensor on the m10b18's, just so i can utilise the two speeds of the fan?

Yeah it most likely will. The sensor will have 3 pins, 1 for power, 1 for low speed and other for high speed.

Hmmm it has three sensors that appear to be water temp, theres the one with only one pin that afaik is for the dash gauge, and theres 2 twin pin sensors, guessing im screwed as to which is high temp without a thermometer to check them at temperatures? or just guess and see which one turns the fan on at 91deg?

Sorry for all the questions

just run the high speed and leave the low speed disconnected... this is what i did. doesnt cause any problems.

i suspect one of th 2 2pin sensors is a temp switch not a temp sensor. and just wire in like has been discussed and just use the high speed wire.

yeah was just keen on the two speed, dont really like having the noise going constantly, but well see, cheers for the help guys.