Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Petrol Economy!

970km around town on 60ltr

338km on 1/4 a tank open roads.

pug 406

I get 650km on a tank of gas in my e30 m50b25 on the open road. What size is a e30 tank? 50l? 52l?

I average about 28mpg (8.4l/100km) in the VW Passat (manual, 4 cyl, 1.8T), and average about 24mpg (9.8 l/100km) in the Subaru Outback (auto, 6 cyl, 3.0).

In both cars there is probably 50% city driving and 50% freeway driving (although the freeway driving is most often at speeds of around 75 - 80 miles per hour, which probably isn't the most efficient speed, especially in the Passat).

Average town 14.5l/100km (including morning warm up) average open road 9.5l/100km.

Average town 14.5l/100km (including morning warm up) average open road 9.5l/100km.

I'm about the same. M3s are not particularly fuel efficient, it seems.

2002 Rally Car

about 38l/100 km in a rally stage

about 10l/100 km touring

14.1 L/100KM since I bought the car 20 months ago. Very mixed driving - 15.4 L/100KM at present

9.7L/100km open road driving

11.5L/100km akld city motorway driving

Based on a 63L tank in a 320i E46 Sedan - Auto.

;)

I'm about the same. M3s are not particularly fuel efficient, it seems.

Well, it is well worth it!! I love it to bits. And on the open road I don't go below 100 :) lol

Just over 1000km out of a tank on the open road - 900km around town, I'm sure if I drove nicely and drove till the light came on I'd get 1100km out of it. Mazda 6 700km comfortably - Daimler V12 about 400 miles to 200litres - no sh*t... Suzuki Escudo 350km out of a tank.

Around town in Dunedin, too many hills to get any accuracy, but very very poor economy

The hills smash the economy eh!?

I'm mad surprised by the economy of Bmw's especially from you big boys!!

Around 11-12 on motorway and around 16-17 in traffic.

4.0l Grand Cherokee. Yank Guzzler.

LOL American cars were never designed with economy in mind especially in the 90's 17 is awful for a 8 cyclinder even ha.

^ 2.2L per 100km? Probably recheck that there ha.

I did 3000km last summer in my e30, lowest useage rate for a tank was 8.6L/100km. Highest was 9.2. Much higher around town.

Get's through a whole tank at the track in a 4-5 hour session easy (quick calculation would be around 150-200km, or around 30-37L per 100km, must reset the trip counter next time..)

i can easliy get to tauraunga frm welly on a tank,a normal open road tank would be close to 10 l 100 k,and thats about as good as a e34 535 gets.round town in welly with hills and traffic my average by obc is 13.7l100km,stop start is worse

^ 2.2L per 100km? Probably recheck that there ha.

Joking of course.

I just think fuel economy posts are a pointless. Seen dozens on my old Soarer V8 /TT 6 forum. I have never understood why you buy a performance engine and then talk about fuel economy. -_-

That sort of thing should be left for Prius and Polo owners to discuss!

Edited by Mike-E36

^ I like keeping track of it, lets me know if something may be wrong.

24L/100km around Hampton Downs :P

Joking of course.

I just think fuel economy posts are a pointless. Seen dozens on my old Soarer V8 /TT 6 forum. I have never understood why you buy a performance engine and then talk about fuel economy. -_-

That sort of thing should be left for Prius and Polo owners to discuss!

I would hardly think my wee 1.8 is a performance car :lol: ...now if this were Ferrarisport i could fully understand your mentality :P Economy was brought up in another thread and it interested me what kind of mpg others get out of there Bmw's...I cant really see any harm in that, yeah. <_<