Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Petrol Economy!

I was wrapped with my 12.6l/100Km today coming home from work. Considering over the past few weeks I've averaged 16.6l and my onboard claims I've averaged 14.3L since I bought the car in October 2008 which means I've used 5,205L of 95 in 2.25 years :D

1988 e30m50 manual, according to OBC i'm sitting at around 39.5L per 100ks, but it talks a lot of sh*t. the actual figure is about 9.6L per 100km, with an even blend of round town nana driving, motorway driving and thrashing. i call that cheap thrills. it's actually on par with the 4age powered mr2 i sold to purchase it,but way quicker.

Edited by w_elliot

I'm fastidious about logging fuel usage, over the past 4 months with my STi I'm doing 11.15l/100km.....no matter how I drive. Lol. Quite good for a Turbo 4wd I thought. About the same as our old 328i around town!

You are doing quite well!

My EJ20tt smashes a tank of gas around the Dunedin hills, between 300 - 350 kms about 400 - 500 open road

I love threads about people saving gas - keep doing it.

The more people save gas, the more I can use. Life is good.

Sorry Jeremy Clarkson ;)

yea I could probably get way better figures if I nana'd the car and didn't drive in traffic or through towns / cities

heading up to Auckland for Big Day Out, so will be interesting to track the open road economy

8.3 litres / 100kms on the open road

and I was not taking it easy either, neither was my friend who I shared the driving with lol, she seemed to rather enjoy thrashing my car haha

8.3 litres / 100kms on the open road

and I was not taking it easy either, neither was my friend who I shared the driving with lol, she seemed to rather enjoy thrashing my car haha

Tested after a 606km weekly commute traveling between 80-100kph = 11.38Ltrs/100kms over 90% open road. For my, automatic 93' e36 325i coupe - I consider this not too bad. Ps....I love to commute!

yea that's about what I was getting when my E36 was auto

it's amazing the economy difference the manual has made, and the car is 100x more fun now lol

about 9.5L per 100km in Dudlee (M10 318i Manual)

Just round town driving really, Hardly ever use the motorway

Edited by AJ_D

Last weekend i traveled from Hastings to Auckland then back to Hastings, (with detours etc) On one tank!!!!

When i first bought the car we filled up on the southern motorway BP, by the time we got back to Bayview, (around 400KM) it was empty, all i've done in the mean time is had a fiddle around with the Vanos and changed around a few bits and pieces, last week i traveled 840ish KM to one tank, i wasn't hanging around either as i went from Napier to Auckland airport in little over four hours.