Sign in to follow this  
dbkiwi

E30 M3 EVO for sale

This one's changed hands 3 times in the past 18 months.

Lovely car.

If you're so concerned about stock wheels etc Dylan I'm sure someone will swap you some stock basket weaves for my LMs.

It does look a very nicely kept example, but at $75k I think someone is getting their Evo II and Sport Evo muddled up a bit!

It does look a very nicely kept example, but at $75k I think someone is getting their Evo II and Sport Evo muddled up a bit!

You have to see this car to believe the condition it is in. It is a sister car to a Macau Blue one up this way. Both were converted to right hand drive in Rotorua. The current owner sold it to someone who spent a fortune on it then asked said current owner if he wanted to buy it back for the same money, so he did. If you press him he will throw in the original wheels as well. It is probably a little pricey for an EVO 11 but they are a rare beast so grab it while you can :lol:

This is the nicest E30 I have ever seen. Its f**king immaculate.

This is the nicest E30 I have ever seen. Its f**king immaculate.

really ? there are three others that are in minter condition and want less or have gone for less. LHD too

LHD simply f**ks it for me.

I've driven a LHD a few times and it's like trying to wire a plug with boxing gloves, trying to manhandle a elephant up a staircase, it's truely horrible. Any ideas on what it would cost to convert?

I've driven a LHD a few times and it's like trying to wire a plug with boxing gloves, trying to manhandle a elephant up a staircase, it's truely horrible. Any ideas on what it would cost to convert?

What are you reading, its RHD. Converted from LHD

However if it was LHD is would no doubt have the potential to be worth alot more.

Remind what's harder about driving a LHD here Clinton, other than the odd time you have to overtake on the open road without a passenger to spot for you.

really ? there are three others that are in minter condition and want less or have gone for less. LHD too

Im sure I said “I have ever seen†and I saw this car brand new, 14 years later and then recently and it’s still bloody nice. You have probably seen minter though and im aware there are a few minter ones around, maybe not original and NZ new like this one but mint none the less.

RHD or LHD wouldn’t bother me I would accidently this one anyday of the week :D

LHD is alright, except for parking buildings. Everything else is a lack of driver practice (eg, I am crap at backing and driving with my left hand!).

LHD is alright, except for parking buildings. Everything else is a lack of driver practice (eg, I am crap at backing and driving with my left hand!).

Nothing hard about driving a LHD in NZ, especially on a car that is most likely going to be driven on sunny days on the open road. Hardest thing to get used to is shifting and playing with the stereo with your right hand.

Seen this car about a few times, and its a stunner.

I agree it doesn't feel natural to start with, and it can catch you out now and again if you're not paying full attention. It always used to the handbrake that caught me out - banging my left hand into the door when going to pull the hand brake up - I guess you don't do it that often so it took longer to change the habit. Given time and practise it does feel fine.

As for the cost of the conversion, I think it's about $2 - $2.5k for the conversion, plus on an E30 M3 about 30% of the value of the vehicle as it has been changed from standard making it less 'collectable'.

Verrrrrrry niiiiice.

Something not quite right about the wheels though. And they're too big.

Fail Clinton is fail.

Where the hell did I get the LHD from???

I should really stop drinking in the mornings.

I've seen this car in Remuera a couple times. Badass.

I'll have to take those wheels as they're too big for an E30.

I've had a LHD for years & still try & get in the wrong door :P

Do agree... wernt the sport evo's 2.5L aswell?

Nice example allright. I must side with Ollie on the LHD thing. With the possible exception of this car being NZ new from BMW, LHD E30 M3s are the only true genuine original examples. That being said, open road driving is a B**** but its offset by the fact you're driving an E30 M3!!

Gotta love the analogies here <_<

$75K,prefer 2002 turbo.

For once I understand and agree with you.

I've had a LHD for years & still try & get in the wrong door :P

Haha. I have driven nothing but LHD for 20 months now, and once in a blue moon I still go to get in the wrong side of the car.

However, learning to drive LHD, even a manual is easy and I was used to it quickly. In saying that for the first while I whacked the door reaching for the gear stick, and handbrake a few times.