Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Trackday at Hampton Downs 28th August - 2010

Good idea mate... Im bring my OLD man for fathers day. I think he's gonna have the sh*t scared out of him. He's never been on a race track. I dont even think he's been over about 130kmh.

Also I'll be bringing my other half. Would love it if she could jump in the passenger seat with someone for a couple laps. Happy to help towards the track fee or buy whoever a box of piss. What safety equip does a passenger need btw?

Have you built up the courage to track you car nick??? good boy....

Edited by Dylan M3

Yea, I'd do anything to have someone scare the sht out of my Dad. Anyone up for the challenge?

Edited by Gotheschu

hey james what do you think work would say to me taking the day off to go to the track hahahahahaha probably wont like it

next time i will be taking the day off lol good luck dont blow anything besides your tires lol

every one going to this is F8king lucky i wish i did not work week ends so i could come,

drive safe dont break those nices cars hahahahaha

Yea, I'd do anything to have someone scare the sht out of my Dad. Anyone up for the challenge?

Haha I managed to scare the driving instructor at the last day, apparently full opposite lock is not supposed to happen at 170kph through turn one.. was his own fault though... he stopped yelling GO GO GO GO GO after that :lol:

We'll talk on the day ^_^

Depends if he scares easy or not. ;)

Probably can be arranged tho. B)

Depends if he scares easy or not. ;)

Probably can be arranged tho. B)

pretty sure you could handle it =D

Driving the e30 to the fabricators today (short trip) .. guess who went through a warrent and rego check ... win (not)

Anyways, New fuel system being installed and a few tidy up things being done along with certification will be ready for the track next week.

Along with straight pipes :D

So how many are set to be there so far James?

I like the sound of this :lol:

thats almost a pun james lol.

So how many are set to be there so far James?

So far there are 20 prepayments with more turning up on the day.

thats almost a pun james lol.

:lol:

the week is not shaping up well financially so may only be able to come for a look :(

Im out man, MSNZ sure do f**k around :S

If you write them a nice letter and throw in an extra $20 they speed up ;)

Looking forward to this James, good warm up for Taupo next week.

If you write them a nice letter and throw in an extra $20 they speed up ;)

Looking forward to this James, good warm up for Taupo next week.

+1, can't wait!

they have "lost" all my pics I sent them...

I can't wait for this. new pads, rotors and fluid installed so hopfully i will have no problems stopping.

what kind of tyre pressure do you run on the track. slightly higher than on the road?

Have fun

Just dont break your cars before Taupo boys :huh:

I can't wait for this. new pads, rotors and fluid installed so hopfully i will have no problems stopping.

what kind of tyre pressure do you run on the track. slightly higher than on the road?

I recommend you be easy on the new rotors for a few heat cycles man. They take a few heat cycles before they harden to sudden heat. especially track speed breaking..

dammmmmm i can't wait. Never been on a track before except the kart track at mt welly!!!! Gonna be great =DDD

I recommend you be easy on the new rotors for a few heat cycles man. They take a few heat cycles before they harden to sudden heat. especially track speed breaking..

This, take it easy for the first few sessions and then go hard on them one lap per session after that, you should not have any problems.

People go way to hard or road brakes at these days, its only a bit of fun and and extra second off your lap time and rooted brakes wont win any prizes.

Tyre pressures are a topic of constant conversation at these days, people stand around talking sh*t with there flash gages wanking on... myself included. I only run my old wagon on the track a couple of times and seeing it ran a higher profile tyre with soft side walls I just ran it at mid thirties cold. Best thing you can do is do your first run at road pressure and see how you get on, if it sucks take a couple of PSI out. Its easy to take out then put back in with a foot pump.

This, take it easy for the first few sessions and then go hard on them one lap per session after that, you should not have any problems.

People go way to hard or road brakes at these days, its only a bit of fun and and extra second off your lap time and rooted brakes wont win any prizes.

Tyre pressures are a topic of constant conversation at these days, people stand around talking sh*t with there flash gages wanking on... myself included. I only run my old wagon on the track a couple of times and seeing it ran a higher profile tyre with soft side walls I just ran it at mid thirties cold. Best thing you can do is do your first run at road pressure and see how you get on, if it sucks take a couple of PSI out. Its easy to take out then put back in with a foot pump.

cheers for the advice. i wont be going to hard as i cant afford to write the car off lol