Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Trackday at Hampton Downs 28th August - 2010

Thanks for the awesome day James and to all that helped,really enjoyed ourselves

Posted Image

[

i Really like the look of this one ae, it soo Badass [*drool.gif*].. where can i get a kit like that for mine ?

They were a bit slow though :P

I must say I was very impressed with your Megane Graham... sh*t that little frenchy flys

I loved the sound of Ross's (BMW Workshop) 540...next project for Ian ? I only saw two people with egg on their faces yesterday. The driver of the little Golf that ended up with race tape over the R/front and the little Golf with the blue wheels sitting on the side of the motorway on the way home with some funny red and blue lights flashing behind him ..... was that man standing next to your car writing you a love letter ?? :P

Edited by *Glenn*

It was an AWESOME day.

Excellent photos!. I saw someone show up in an e30 m3...but wasn't sure who owned it.

Thanks a lot James and the team.

Met some new faces and had a ton of fun. Very excited about going to Taupo next week! :D

No problem Grant, I got carried away as the day was so fluid (apart from the little 'break' and please excuse the pun :P)

Edited by Ian 540i6

They're pretty good for lounge suites..

This is true, gotta love that leather and the sound of those V8's, Hybrids M325i looked like a shed load of fun!

Most impressive diver was James in the M325i, that boy is freak and was no doubt the fastest BMW there!

Well done one again guys, woke up and im still amping.

Any more photos from anyone? Also keen to watch some of the video footage taken from the day

I have some in-car with some of you in it.... unfortunitly cause I had the windows cracked down the sound got overwelmed ... ill chuck on up now of the madness.

i Really like the look of this one ae, it soo Badass [*drool.gif*].. where can i get a kit like that for mine ?

Cheers :)

Its an m-tech1 kit that came with the pre-fl m325i or 325i sport (UK)

I have some in-car with some of you in it.... unfortunitly cause I had the windows cracked down the sound got overwelmed ... ill chuck on up now of the madness.

I'm not fussed, any vids of any car and any quality i'm keen to watch :)

Yep, mean day. Had a great time as always and so did my old man. He couldn't believe how nice everyone was. Good on ya bimmersport crew for making a good impression on a newbie. Hampton Downs proved to be world class, best track I've driven not only for the driving but for how well it was operated. I'm am a little gutted I don't feature in those awesome driving shots though!!! :( will put some pics up soon!!

9:18 Video now up .. (still processing at this point)

its been two years since ive been out on a track and a new car.. so I have some learning to do again.

Excellent photos!. I saw someone show up in an e30 m3...but wasn't sure who owned it.

The owner of the black E30 M3 was a guy called Dean. He is the owner =D

its been two years since ive been out on a track and a new car.. so I have some learning to do again.

9:12 is the best part.. well done Josh..

they are some sweet pics!!

Thanks james for organising it. was such a great day! I will definatly be coming to alot more of these now. just got to get me a set of track wheels :ph34r:

ncie vid Josh!! Keen to know how the conversation carried on at the very end of the video LOL Had something to do with my Michael Schumacher pass didn't it?

Here is some of my footage.. a bit of T.i Twinkle Toes in the second half of the clip.

Keep the footage and photos coming boys! :)

edit: dylan, can't remember what brendon was saying .. probably though

Here is some of my footage.. a bit of T.i Twinkle Toes in the second half of the clip.

Thanks for sharing Lance... was a bit scarey out there first time in the wet

Didn't look like you did to bad Glenn.

That V12 has some seriously long legs, looked like it was only starting to move at 180Kph!

Any recordings of the dry sessions?

Didn't look like you did to bad Glenn.

That V12 has some seriously long legs, looked like it was only starting to move at 180Kph!

Any recordings of the dry sessions?

Yup could do with a diff change for the track, but none the less it was still fun chasing the 6 speed 540's. I have even more motivation now to get the manual box installed.

Here are some more vids

- Lots of Side Step Stoker in front blocking the corners.. and then the Megane teetering round the outside..

- Supercharged holden man in front didnt like me the corners.. Edited by melowpuf

I am too slow through the corners :(

I worked it out (thanks to the transponder I hired) that I did about 125-130 race km, 46 laps in total!

Best laptime was 1:26.6

Thanks for coming guys, was a great day with a decent variety of track conditions

I managed to sneak in some decent times during the afternoon but in hindsight I was probably over driving which slowed me down by about a second, best time for me was 1:22.4 ( 1 second faster the my previous best)

Will probably be running another one in a few months to let everyone recover and prepare ;)

Cheers

Edited by Jamez

Thats not bad Ian, good effort for your first time out there, did you manage to eliminate any understeer? You wont have any problems at Taupo, it will be oversteer city, last time I was there in the 545i I needed two new tyres on the Monday.

I don't have my times yet but think I set a new PB on one session when I went hard, will check tomorrow. As long as I kept ahead of James I'm happy! :P