Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

Cheapest wof in auckland?

This kind of question makes me laugh. There's only like $15 difference between an expensive WOF and a cheap one, so if you can't afford $50 for the expensive one then you shouldn't own a car.

im 16, this is my first car and ive never got a wof before... i was just going to ask the question to see if anyone has any preferences and what the prices are. ill just take it into vtnz

Think most places around there are around $30-$40 dude, anywhere should be fine.

Just take it to VTNZ, drive through, takes 10 minutes and you're done.

No point going to a cheap place, most likely to be backyard garage. Got a $20 (special at the time deal) WOF from Team McMillan and they ****ed me around for over an hour and then tried to charge me for whole control arms when I only needed a couple of $40 bushes. TM: $400 each arm, Glenn: $100 total. They usually want to get something out of it. MY EXPERIENCE.

Just take it to a VTNZ station, lots of people will tell you don't do that. Yes they can be d*ck heads and pick on stupid things but most of the time they are only little things. I take all my cars to VTNZ and 99% of the time don't have a problem. Would rather have VTNZ pick on little things than some garages tell you lies just to get the work.

Going to VTNZ I find is a lucky dip. You can get a good inspector that will only fail you on major things, where as sometimes you will find an inspector that wants to cause you major inconvenience by citing tiny parts as seriously making your car unsafe. Hmm.

I've always been fine with VTNZ myself, even with my 'boyracer' cars, but I have an independent testing station for my wofs now.

Going to VTNZ I find is a lucky dip. You can get a good inspector that will only fail you on major things, where as sometimes you will find an inspector that wants to cause you major inconvenience by citing tiny parts as seriously making your car unsafe. Hmm.

I've always been fine with VTNZ myself, even with my 'boyracer' cars, but I have an independent testing station for my wofs now.

where do you go in hamilton? as i go down there every week?

where do you go in hamilton? as i go down there every week?

Ah, this is in Glasgow street in Tauranga. He is very car enthusiast friendly.

that wants to cause you major inconvenience by citing tiny parts as seriously making your car unsafe

In that case i ALLWAYS ask the inspector to show me the section in the VIRM that pertains to the item he failed.

Meh, even with a "boyracer" car if it's passable, it's passable, if it's not it shouldn't be on the road.

or any ford & Mazda dealer for $10. Or there is an Indian guy on smales road, East tamaki, who will do it if 5 mins and pass pretty much anything with out looking too hard

or any ford & Mazda dealer for $10. Or there is an Indian guy on smales road, East tamaki, who will do it if 5 mins and pass pretty much anything with out looking too hard

thats BS!!! Went there coz my dad goes there, wat a load of crap, saying my shock was leaking. Took my strut apart, then the shock was fine, mint. Went for recheck, they didnt even jack the car up or lift a tyre. Be careful with those guys. My experience anyways

Going to VTNZ I find is a lucky dip.

Fully true!!!! I used to always use VTNZ with the thought that they don't do mechanical work so won't pull you on tiny things...i was wrong!

I go to a reputable garage now to do my WOF's and work.

Station road in Otahuhu.

Got a WOF mid paint job. Paper windows, no sunroof, no bumpers (or indicators in front), primer grey. :lol:

If there is anything wrong with the car they will tell you about it. Think more picky than vtnz. Personally I like this.

I guess they do this to promote their business.

To answer OP I usually see a $25 WOF sign around Morrin Rd. Not sure where the actual shop is though.

I'm sorry but I don't believe any warrant place should be inferior or superior, they should all be as strict as each other.

there are more than enough POS cars on the road as it is. In my greatest opinion, WOF's aren't strict enough.

I like it when the WOF guy goes, your brake pads are stuffed, and they actually are, and I replace them. sorted. Means my car is SAFE.

I'm sorry but I don't believe any warrant place should be inferior or superior, they should all be as strict as each other.

there are more than enough POS cars on the road as it is. In my greatest opinion, WOF's aren't strict enough.

I like it when the WOF guy goes, your brake pads are stuffed, and they actually are, and I replace them. sorted. Means my car is SAFE.

In theory yes they should all have the same standards because they are all governed by the same rules. My inlaws own a WOF centre here in Dunedin who do 50-80 cars a day and their difference is the fact that if a bulb, wiper, rack boot need replacing for a WOF for example they will do it on the spot. They also have a repairs garage which extremely cost effective pricing i.e service on most 4 cylinder cars for 75 dollars.

So Cliff, go there next time - it's locally owned & operated and they aren't arrogant mongrels.