Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

Cheapest wof in auckland?

I'm not sure the op is after a seedy wof. Rather a place which doesn't charge a premium?

Theres a Chinese shop in Newmarket that does WOF for $25 last time I went with my 300ZX. They barely check anything, not even the rear lights. I'm not promoting sub-par WOF places, just sometimes you really need one.

I would suggest though, for your safety (I do WOF's at the workshop I work at) and to prevent the possibility of expensive bills in the future (i.e from oil leak otherwise unknown to you but spotted during WOF) go to a shop that's strict but reasonable.

For example (shameless advertising, will edit if against the rules) the workshop I work at, which is Tiverton Automotive near Blockhouse Bay. I've seen so many horrible jobs at VTNZ it's ridiculous. At our place we take the car for a quick drive around the block, put it on a hoist, and actually check for tie rods, oil leaks, exhaust leaks, etc etc. The boss isn't a going to tell you something's broken when it's not to rip you off though. (Did you know Pit Stop I think, trains their mechanic to spot or make up $60 worth of repairs on WOF for some cars?)

We charge $40 and it actually takes us 30~40min for a WOF unlike many other 5min jobs I've seen done before.

or any ford & Mazda dealer for $10. Or there is an Indian guy on smales road, East tamaki, who will do it if 5 mins and pass pretty much anything with out looking too hard

Quality Automotive on smales Road... Thants where my illegal exhaust passed with flying colours until i got stickerd!

$25 dollers and they check brakes handbrake horn lights and has a test drive and your done!

I go vtnz,they failed me for a parl light... go to garage get new bulb,sorted.The idea of a wof is to check these things.Like another poster i think wofs should be harder to get and make them yearly.

In theory yes they should all have the same standards because they are all governed by the same rules. My inlaws own a WOF centre here in Dunedin who do 50-80 cars a day and their difference is the fact that if a bulb, wiper, rack boot need replacing for a WOF for example they will do it on the spot. They also have a repairs garage which extremely cost effective pricing i.e service on most 4 cylinder cars for 75 dollars.

So Cliff, go there next time - it's locally owned & operated and they aren't arrogant mongrels.

I'm fairly sure the one you are meaning is the one i go too. they do any small things on the spot and usually no charge :lol: that is, if it's on Hillside road! B)

Go to VTNZ. They give younger people crap and modified vehicles more of a look, but its only beneficial. My life is worth more than then $$ difference. Cheap WoF's are cheap for a reason.

I'm fairly sure the one you are meaning is the one i go too. they do any small things on the spot and usually no charge :lol: that is, if it's on Hillside road! B)

Yep, I go there too ;) My family also, we have 5 cars + a trailer, so we get a free warrant every year!

Edited by antil33t