Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Official Dynavin E46 Thread.

Thought i might as well start a new thread for this. I have now officially ordered my Dynavin unit for my E46, It is version 3 and i held off until now as there were still a few bugs that i wanted to see ironed out before i made my purchase. The new version also includes 3g internet , Dunno what i would do with that but its in there now. I have igo 8.3 already for when it arrives and the maps are from the 3rd quarter of 2009 which is about as up to date as i am going to get at the moment.

Total cost to my door is $1050, You may think this is alot but when you take into account you get Navigation, bluetooth, tv, dvd, full ipod connectivity, usb, video player and rear view camera (actual camera is extra) and all this rolled into a oem look touch screen center display that is plug and play and also integrates with your mfl i think thats a pretty fair price.

The factory only does a run every month and currently all the august units are already sold and thats before they have left the factory so i am on the September list.

Will keep this updated as it happens.

what about trip computer, is that in there too?

Just found out the new units also have the new revised controls, Previously the volume control rotors looked pretty crappy but now they are more oem and have the orange circle light up around them.

Also you can now use the internet function as a anti theft car tracker.

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Cant wait to get my mitts on one for my E39... looks cooler than the E46 one in my opinion. More stock looking at least..

Cant wait to get my mitts on one for my E39... looks cooler than the E46 one in my opinion. More stock looking at least..

Nice to see they are doing the ones for the E39 now.

Its a must really. It would make a cool car even cooler. Just seems silly having a giant stereo in my dash that does pretty much nothing but control the CD changer and I still hate the tape player. Thankfully that is hidden behind the wooden door.

Cant wait for the E39 release!!

Its a must really. It would make a cool car even cooler. Just seems silly having a giant stereo in my dash that does pretty much nothing but control the CD changer and I still hate the tape player. Thankfully that is hidden behind the wooden door.

Cant wait for the E39 release!!

Its my understanding they are currently doing a run of the E39 at the factory now.

The e39 ones, they have a smaller screen than the e46 ones ? or has that changed ?

The E39 is 6.2’’ and the E46 is 7’’ but they both run on the same resolution 800 x 480.

Just a word of warning if anybody is thinking of getting one of these from the states. Currently all Dynavin made for the states ship with the inbuilt analog tuner and all others that are shipped to Europe/Australia/NewZealand have the digital tuner. So because i am getting mine from the states it has the analog tuner, How ever you can change this to the digital one if need be. I am not worried as we still run the analog here and i doubt i would be watching much tv in the car anyway. Hmmmm , Might have it on to distract the missus so she's not saying "You are driving to fast slow down" or "watch out for that car" hahahah.

Could possibly ask the reseller in the states to get one in with a digital tuner i guess, You cannot order direct from the manufacturer as they only do them via resellers.

My understanding from Jochen is that we (NZ) are using a new (& different) diigtal frequency to Europe & probably other countries as well. Can't remember specifics of frequencies but they do differ.

Just received tracking number today so its on its way. Also am just waiting on relocation kit for hvac control's via Gavin.

Out of Foreign Customs, August 16, 2010, 12:21 pm, NEW ZEALAND

Arrived Abroad, August 16, 2010, 11:28 am, NEW ZEALAND

International Dispatch, August 12, 2010, 6:58 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Processed through Sort Facility, August 11, 2010, 1:38 pm, FRESNO, CA 93706

Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 10, 2010

Getting closer :D

Look what turned up today. This is now version 4

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am about half way through the install. Waiting on the relocation kit from Gavin to button up the hvac controls. I have the unit half way in, not much room and about a million wires out the back to try and fit it all in. Calling it a night as my lighting sucks and i have a headache. Had a little play with it and everything works farkin brilliant.

Edited by M-Spec

Nice! Didnt take too long to arrive.

Who did you buy it from?

Looking forward to seeing it up and running.

sweet .. videos are a must

Done with my camera so the quality is not all that great and if anybody gives me a hard time about my music you shall be cursed.

Nice! Didn't take too long to arrive.

Who did you buy it from?

Looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Yup was pretty quick, I got mine from a guy called Jeff he is a reseller of them and got into it because of all the people that were getting ripped off by other dealers. Here is his sponsor thread

>>Clicky for thread<<

certainly better than buggering around with a carputer. Nice work ! :)

Why did you bring one in from the US as opposed to buying from Prestige Audio? IIRC the rrp over here isn't much more than your landed cost.

Why did you bring one in from the US as opposed to buying from Prestige Audio? IIRC the rrp over here isn't much more than your landed cost.

Because a $200 saving is just that.

Because a $200 saving is just that.

so your price included duty or did it get thru ok,

The new hooligan/hualingan models are shipping now and getting really good reviews,still have the full 7" screen and english firm has even got the mid working for full compatibilty,theres going to be a lot of work and customising done to all these wince models in the future

I was a bit concerned that Dynavin changed chipsets in v4 so its possible there will be new bugs that havnt been ironed out yet?no problems with yours?

Edited by kwhelan