Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Official Dynavin E46 Thread.

so your price included duty or did it get thru ok,

The new hooligan/hualingan models are shipping now and getting really good reviews,english firm has even got the mfd working for full compatibilty,theres going to be a lot of work and customising done to all these wince models in the future

I was a bit concerned that Dynavin changed chipsets in v4 so its possible there will be new bugs that havnt been ironed out yet?no problems with yours?

Did not have to pay any duty on mine came through fine, I could not agree more that alot more is going to be done with the wince stuff. I don't know why Dynavin changed from the zoran chipset, The only very small problem I found after installing it was when i turned the xenons on there was a low buzzing sound but that was fixed with putting an earth strap from the unit onto the chassis bar behind the unit. Apart from that i have not found an issue crop up as yet. I am running igo8 8.3 on mine with the just released r6 maps for nz. I also have mine setup with wolfncu which has all sorts of other functions but i just liked using it for the cool skin lol. The only thing i am waiting on is the rear view camera which i got off of ebay.

I think for the price to get everything rolled into one and look oem at the same time (glad they changed those knobs) its pretty good value for money plus its fun as hell having a new toy to play with :lol:

:rolleyes:

Because a $200 saving is just that.

My bad then, thought the retail here was $1100. Must be having a senior moment

:rolleyes:

My bad then, thought the retail here was $1100. Must be having a senior moment

Hahaha every day is a senior moment for me

hahah yeah, I have now changed it and it comes up with this as the loading screen.

Posted Image

hahah yeah, I have now changed it and it comes up with this as the loading screen.

Posted Image

So can you choose what picture comes up in the loading window?

Yup sure can, There is so much you can do with it. I have mine setup so when you push the navi button this comes up first. From there you can just use it as a speedo or use it to play music as opposed to the built in radio or mp3 player or you can continue on to the the igo nav system thats when the loading screen for igo comes up. There is so much you can do with igo its not funny.

The following is the skin i am using with wolfncu, there are many different ones you can choose from but this was about the nicest i have come across, Of course it all works and pulls info from the gps antenna to run it.

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Oh thats pretty cool. someone should make a skin just like a normal BMW speedo.

I really need to get one, I dont suppose you know much about when the E39 one will be good enough to get (ie bugs fixed)

Last I seen was this.

DVN-E39 samples will be sent to our distributor on the end of July or the beginning of Aug. and we will arrange mass production on the end of Aug or the beginning of Spe

thank you

Thats about all i can give you i am afraid, I would speak to Paul at Prestige Audio he has been made the official reseller here in nz. I don't know if he is going to bring any in. This is the link to his site.

>>Clicky me<<

I do have a copy of it but have not tried it out yet, I want to grab myself a spare micro sd card so i can try out some of the other one's without mucking up my existing setup, I am pretty happy with igo 8.3 though i must say.

This relates more to E39 HU replacement then the E46 so mods please feel free to move this post to wherever.

Not sure how the E39 Dynavin unit is coming along, but I have read some disparaging comments on forums overseas about the E39 unit's 'forehead' (or fivehead!). Apparently the reduced screen size is due to the fact that Dynavin don't want customers to have to cut out the framing supporting the upper tape deck.

http://www.dynavin.com.tw/news.php?news_id=15

Did find another unit online that looks like and may in fact be the Hualigan system or another Chinese knock-off but it does look a bit more OEM than the Dynavin E39 unit. Not sure if it produced or widely available. This is a UK distributor's website.

http://www.tv-in-motion.co.uk/bmw_headunit.html

This longish forum thread - http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=53102 - may be of some use, especially the last few pages.

I just read that the E39 units will be arriving for sale in October now... but they push it a month later every month haha

I know this is a bit of shamless self promotion but over the weekend i upgraded the igo 8.3 software to igo primo 1.1 with green routing. I have found primo a lot better than igo 8.3 and also managed to get my hands on the march of this year release maps and speed cams for it as well.

Thought i might as well come up with a better boot screen for it and this was the end result.

I know this is a bit of shamless self promotion but over the weekend i upgraded the igo 8.3 software to igo primo 1.1 with green routing. I have found primo a lot better than igo 8.3 and also managed to get my hands on the march of this year release maps and speed cams for it as well.

Thought i might as well come up with a better boot screen for it and this was the end result.

cool I've read they ran really slow with the primo and most people went back to igo 8.3 in the end,great to see it does work

cool I've read they ran really slow with the primo and most people went back to igo 8.3 in the end,great to see it does work

I guess its all how you configure it, Mine runs very smooth and imo is much better than igo8.3. I have tried most of them and have settled on primo, As long as you add the Gurjon skin its a neat navigation system.

Sure does, The only thing extra you need is if you have factory nav, If thats the case you need a Fakra cable other wise you are good to go. Here are some Q@A's for anybody thats intrested.

Q: Do you have full ipod control correct?

A: mostly, see the above post for detail.

Q: Does it has tv reception?

A: Yes. You'll need to grab an antenna off ebay or such. Tuner is built in though. Not sure if it will work in the USA on the new digital standard.

Q:dvd's play no problem when you are driving?

A:Yes. You have to ground the parking brake wire, just like on any other DVD setup. It even tells you how to in the instructions.

Q: Do Navi maps work fine when ipod or something else is playing?

A: Yes

Q: Do Album cover's of the songs show up on the screen when in iPod mode?

A: No, it does not

Q: What Maps are included?

A: USA and Canada, iGo map updates can be purchased online for about $50

Q: Do Steering Wheel controls work?

A: Steering wheel controls work for radio/dvd/ipod/cd. Newer versions have steering wheel control for Bluetooth although older units can be updated by replacing the old steering wheeel control interface with the new one from dynavin.

Q: Is the CD Changer Compatible?

A: No, it is not.

Q: Can you play Ipod Video?

A: Yes but the actual ipod connection that comes with the unit does not seem to support it. You can use a ipod>A/V plug and connect it to the AUX IN to use ipod for video.

Q: How many Aux ports are there?

A: unit has 2 aux in ports. One standard A/V (yellow, red, white RCAs) and one "DVD USB" Not sure what that one is ....USB Hard drive???? Flash Drive????

Q: Where is the Mic

A: The unit comes with a built in mic on the unit (lower left corner) and a wired external mic. There's plenty of wire to mount it in the factory location. The mic just uses a standard 3.5mm jack.

Q: How does Bluetooth work?

A: Bluetooth is controlled 3 ways.

You dial on the phone and once you hit send, the stereo picks it up and switches over to the bluetooth screen on the unit.

You touch the screen and return to the home screen and then click bluetooth. Then you use the dial pad on screen or use the phonebook feature on the screen.

You press the large button in the lower right corner of the unit. It takes you to the bluetooth screen. Then you use the dial pad on screen or use the phonebook feature on the screen.

Q: Does Satelite Radio work?

A: If you have a tuner that uses RCA and you can pluig it into the AUX in but there is no integrated support for sat radio.

Q: Where is the ipod connector located?

A:in the back or the front? in the back, but it comes with a cable so you can place it where you want

Q: Does this required the use of the AC Relocation Kit?

A: Yes, you can get it from tischer or eurospec or pelicanparts, see the bottom of this page for details:

Note: You can do it without the relocation kit, I ran mine for a few weeks until my kit turned up, It just slots into where your sunglass holder used to be and does not flop around. I got the kit because i wanted everything buttoned up correctly.

Q: Does this require cutting into the AC Ductwork?

A: No

Q: Do i need to use DICE with this system?

A: No

Q: Would the unit allow for firmware upgrades if the unit had bugs, and Dynavin released updates?

A: Yep. They said that they will periodically release firmware updates that can be loaded on a USB memory stick or on the microSD card and installed.

Q: Can you play avi/divx files off of the sd card or memory stick as well?

A: Yes, off the memory stick. Have not tested with SD card.

Q: Is it possible to get "names" on the radio channels, or does it just display the frequency?

A: Yes, RDS data is available but only with a workaround as US-RDS data is technincly not supported. In the radio settings menu you will need to set "radio region" to "europe" and turn RDS on and turn "tune time" off or your clock will get screwed up from the stations sending inacurate RDS time data. This allows the RDS data to be displayed regardless of region.

Q: how does the ipod integration work. will i be able to swich songs on the steering wheel?

A: Yes, see the above post for details.

Q: Does BMW Assist continue to function or will we loose that functionality?

A: No idea. I don't have BMW assist to test.

Q: Is it possible to make the built in microphone work with this unit?

A: Anything's possible. The unit uses a standard 3.5mm jack, so if you can wire the stock mic to a plug like that, then it should work.

I have got a deal with a reseller, if I can get other 4 orders with my oder, then I can get it for $895NZD shipped for each of them. Please PM me if anyone want it. So we can get this deal

It appears that the units for the E39 are now shipping if anybody is interested.

It appears that the units for the E39 are now shipping if anybody is interested.

Im just waiting to hear back from Prestige Audio in regards to having a look at the e39 model in person. In the photos it looks very... 90's. Not to mention the ugly gap at the top. I really want one of these so I hope it's as good as the e46 version.

Im just waiting to hear back from Prestige Audio in regards to having a look at the e39 model in person. In the photos it looks very... 90's. Not to mention the ugly gap at the top. I really want one of these so I hope it's as good as the e46 version.

Cool let us know what you think, They are the same internal's as the e46 and is running the sunplus chipset where as v1 - v4 run the zoran chipset. They also run the new menu system.

Edited by M-Spec

I couldnt agree more with the 90's statement, i really want one but it looks shitty compared to E46's one

Hmmm the screen looks off center and too small. Looks like a 4:3 screen in a e38

Posted Image

Thats true but most people that have got them say the looks in the photos are deceiving , The system's are bigger than the E46 because they have a bigger hole to go into. Everybody is saying they look and feel very oem once they are in. One problem is that they don't play at all with the dsp system so if you have that then you are naff out of luck.