Sign in to follow this  
timetodrive

'gulp' Just impulse bought a e38 735i my first bmw!

Another newbee, just aquired a 1997 e38 735iL as a weekend cruiser (please tell me I havent made a mistake! :D )and would appreciate any advice or links regarding sourcing of parts and recomended mechanics in Dunedin.

Cheers :D

Edited by timetodrive

Welcome Josh.

European Auto Services.

There's another one aswell, but I forget it's name.

more than enough information on here mate, might help to specify what parts you need.

and POST PICTURES!!!!

Well that's a bit late isn't it, even if it was a huge mistake :-)

Welcome and enjoy your car!

Edited by 318Touring

Welcome mate!! K.G McLeod in Waverley was suggested to me by "Clinton" and those guys are def on too it, thay are very busy though...so book ahead, if you can!

Well that's a bit late isn't it, even if it was a huge mistake :-)

Welcome and enjoy your car!

Yeah was one of those have a few drinks :drunk: and jump on trademe late at night jobs.. Chuck an auto bid on something you like (thinking your dreamin if you gonna get itfor that price) and then wake up in the morning going....... HOLY CRAP I JUST A BOUGHT CAR!. :blink: .... alot of greasing to the wife required... lol

Welcome Josh.

European Auto Services.

There's another one aswell, but I forget it's name.

more than enough information on here mate, might help to specify what parts you need.

and POST PICTURES!!!!

Cool Thanks

I just wondered if there was a good wrecker/ used parts supplier in the south island who could be recomended. I would like to lower it at some point (good low not bouncing round on the bump stops with suspension not working low) so any suggestions for springs would be greatly appreciated.

Will post pics when I pick it up.

Place I said has some wrecked cars.

Was a E38 in there today when I was there.

maybe get someone who knows what they are looking at to give it the once over.BMW dealer,or one of the above mentioned places

maybe get someone who knows what they are looking at to give it the once over.BMW dealer,or one of the above mentioned places

Yeah I intend to when it is in my possesion, has been serviced by a bmw dealerwith previos owner so hoping all is well.

BMW's they are an addiction, I picked up a second E30 325i recently with the idea to use it as parts for the first E30.

Instead, its now on the road with rego and warrant and being used as my daily driver

Place I said has some wrecked cars.

Is that the one down by the wharf?

Is that the one down by the wharf?

Yarp, Jutland street. Know of any more?

A1 Auto wreckers sometimes have e30's and e28's but i think that European Auto Services you mentioned is the best in Dunedin for second hand parts.

A really good place i have found in ChCh is called Eurorec. http://www.eurorec.co.nz/index.aspx

I have bought a couple of Merc and Bmw parts off them and they organise cheap freight, though i have a friends dad who works for the ODT and runs back from ChCh most days and is usually happy to bring something smallish!!

Now there have been a couple of fine days I am able to add some pics!

(yet to be cleaned and needs a bit of a tidy up)

Please resize & repost your pictures...about 800 X 600.....Forum Rules

Done....

post-6015-1282363611.jpg

post-6015-1282363586.jpg

post-6015-1282363559.jpg

Edited by timetodrive

Cool Thanks

I just wondered if there was a good wrecker/ used parts supplier in the south island who could be recomended. I would like to lower it at some point (good low not bouncing round on the bump stops with suspension not working low) so any suggestions for springs would be greatly appreciated.

Will post pics when I pick it up.

Welcome. I'm a fellow E38 fan - mines an 1999 740. Great cars.

For good lowering see this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=311178775

I think this trader is the H&R springs sponsor 'suspension' on bimmersports. No good sending himn a PM as his inbox is always full. These lower 50mm in the front and 30mm in the rear. Thinking of getting a set but want to check what AMI (my insurance company) will do about it.

I'm currently adding reversing camera, navigation, rear sub speakers, electonic blind, new amps, and replacing the door speakers on my E38.

Think preventitive maintenance - get a transmission fluid flush (next on my list), do your oils changes, check the cooling system, if it seems diodgy (hasn't been repalced) a new water pump and radiator isn't expensive, but overheating your engine is.