Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

Don't really have 250 in my pocket for seat mounts though. =(

read the motorsport manual to make sure where your seat (or rails) are bolted to the car is reinforced enough.

I used the standard mounts at the front of the rails and drilled new ones at the back of the rails, where I drilled at the back I had reinforced.

To fit the bolts in the rails, I ground the down ever so slightly on 2 sides of the hex head.

read the motorsport manual to make sure where your seat (or rails) are bolted to the car is reinforced enough.

I used the standard mounts at the front of the rails and drilled new ones at the back of the rails, where I drilled at the back I had reinforced.

To fit the bolts in the rails, I ground the down ever so slightly on 2 sides of the hex head.

I drilled out the back to fit onto the back factory bolts as well as the front. So they would be reinforced?

Yes, no problem if you use the original mount points.

Yes, no problem if you use the original mount points.

GREAT! Just need to find a way to bolt it down now. As per the original problem.

Use cap bolts, they will fit.

Hex head ones.

Edited by Silver Fox

Thanks Foxxxx.

Repco proved useless, had no idea what cap bolts were. Wheres the best place to grab em.

Edited by Gotheschu

Ask Gavin for on the Shore, I use a crowd in East Tamaki.

East Tamaki is great for me. Real close. Do you have a address or site for them? Might be able to bomb over now... if they're open.

On the corner of Kerwyn Ave and Neilpark Drive, doubt they're open on the weekend at all.

EDL for all your fastening needs.

Thanks guys.

Not sure but is it true for the harness anchorage the nut has to be welded to the plate?

If this is true, would anyone be able to sell me 8 plates with these welded on as I don't have the resources or knowledge to do it myself. I dont have the nuts but I guess you guys know the right nut and size for it but if anyone wants to make some easy cash please PM me or reply here =D

Appreciate it!

AFAIK you don't have to weld the nut on to the plate, people do it because it's easier to install like that. My first cars weren't welded on, and they were checked and passed.

AFAIK you don't have to weld the nut on to the plate, people do it because it's easier to install like that. My first cars weren't welded on, and they were checked and passed.

typical how you talk to different people and hear all sorts of sht. Ah well that helps. thanks foxy Edited by Gotheschu

hey.

Dunno if its just me but I find the Motorsport NZ website real hard to find my way round. Any body know a good guy to contact for my authority card? ( I wanna book well in advance... )

thanks

For those Eye bolts/plates for harnesses, there are some on Trademe for sale $12.50, see listing # 309783941

Perfect thanks a lot!!!!!!

Bimmersport stickers on... THANKS OLLIE! bit rough...airbubbles... have to buy another one later if I get too picky.

post-5250-1281505139.jpg

it's getting more horsepowers by the day

Bimmersport stickers on... THANKS OLLIE! bit rough...airbubbles... have to buy another one later if I get too picky.

Soooooo last season, pffft! Just jealous because Ollie hasn't given me one.

Glad to see you are doing the important jobs first :lol: Says he who is currently painting the inside of the car to avoid thinking about the engine replacement :D !

Glad to see you are doing the important jobs first :lol:

Pretty much ay. haha just doing what I can with my experience and funding. But car heads of on a trailer to Gavins on Saturday well its going to have custom seat mounts made for my driving position then to gavins for a while so he can do what he can when he can. Just want the car to be road legal soon so I can drive the dam thing =) then we get into the more technical stuff I guess. But goal is to have the car with Koni's wheels and tyres engine tuned etc done by the 28th of august.

Gonna be a perfect day for me as only 10-20 people and 2 groups fast and slow so gives me a chance to get the hang off using a manual on a track without any body driving circles round me like there would be on a normal track day.

it's getting more horsepowers by the day

yea but stickers on a race car always make them faster =) Edited by Gotheschu

Almost forgot. My first half mechanical post. Cars been running for a while just after a overnight battery charge and its idling pretty high and has an reasonable amount of crap coming out the arse end. Would I be right in saying its the fuel mixtures and just needs a good tune or could it be something worse?