Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Gran Turismo 5

Just pre ordered the Collectors Edition from Mighty Ape and though it would be a good time to see who else here will be getting the game.

Also would be good to share PSN usernames so we can have some Bimmersport GT5 races.

Collectors Edition

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Gra...dition/8047983/

Standard Edition

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Gra...ismo-5/3169183/

GT5 Screenshot to give thread some visual flair.

Posted Image

I'll be getting it, the only reason I brought a PS3

This. Only I thought I would have finished it long ago.

I hope it has all the F1 cars in it. Looks to have a decent amount of race cars :mellow:

been hanging out for this game since GT4

I had to buy a 360 and Forza 3 just to make the wait bearable.

Had my PS3 and Driving Force GT since launch waiting for GT5.

Yea im still thrashing NFS shift, IMHO the best driving game ever released on the Sony platform, unfortunately it lacks the hundreds of cars like Forza, it beats it out in all other areas…. All are but a nicotine patch to a smoker really.

My fear of GT5 is that I will have to go into hibernation like I did when GT4 came out only all these years later im not going to have the time to do so. I can see quite a few GT5 all nighters in November.

Edited by Apex

$350!!!!??

GT Leather wallet including entry method into Signature Edition in-game competition to win real Mercedes SLS AMG vehicle (value €180 000)

Cheap Merc SLS if you ask me :P. Should start saving up for a ps3 now :D

I got a PS3 when GT5:P came out. What a joke its been since then. It is good for mooovies though!

This should change things though.. still very much hanging out for GT5. I hope it does come out in Nov

Argh, and here I was thinking I'd actually save some money over summer.

GT5 + PS3 purchases = $700 less I'll have for next year

Nope GT died with the horrid GT4. And from all the gameplay vids that were released for G3 I have only gone off it more.

Cars look like they are all made from ultra high gloss plastic. Physics look like the cars are on rails and made of granite. Damage models are a joke. The only thing that attracts me to it is the promise of such a huge amount of cars.

I can finally make more use of the Driving Force GT i bought when GT5 was supposed to be out in 2008.

$350 for signature edition is insane, its hard not to buy though...

I hated GT4 and GT5 prologue is no better...god i hope for the sake of Polyphony that they have made this better, imo Sony have not released a decent car racing game since GT, GT2 and GT3...i'll stick with Forza 3 and Shift until i have heard reviews on GT5.

Though, awesome to have the Top Gear trackB)

All of the scepticism in the last few posts makes me think I might just wait to demo it until I commit the $$$ ;).

I thought GT4 was a good game, I still play it once every few months. But yeah, I wasn't as hooked to it as I was to GT1/2/3. But that's probably because I was over the age of 13 when it came out and had something that resembled a life.

^ I agree, I realised real cars are way more fun to muck around with ;)

Also have been thrashing NFS: Shift lately, the game overall isn't really that bad as Apex said.

^go pro st man. imo the best nfs game out. the drifting on it is insane.

i would love to have this game.... if only i had a ps3?

now where did that truck go with the dodgy back door? :ph34r:

Edited by DRTE30

I swear the only reason GT4 didnt hook me in as much as 3 is because it was MORE realistic, therefore MORE difficult haha. And really really big.

GT5 however will come out just in time for me to purchase at the end of recruit course along with PS3, wheel, and whatever brand TV is best/biggest at the time :D

^ I agree, I realised real cars are way more fun to muck around with ;)

Also have been thrashing NFS: Shift lately, the game overall isn't really that bad as Apex said.

I like the feel of NFS Shift with it set on Professional with no driving aids bar ABS. It’s the most realistic driving game to date IMHO but as said lacks content to keep you hooked like GT4 had, The gran Turismo games just hook you for so long, I didn’t put the controller down until I had 100% completion on GT4, and then stated all over again, my missus would fake power cuts by turning off the mains just to get me out of the hose :ph34r:

GT4 was a massive fail. Most of the settings you could adjust actually did nothing. Things like adding a 2 way LSD to a car that already has a LSD from factory still ends up being a single spinner. Try doing some dough nuts.

GT Prologue was just a PS3 version of GT4.

IMO the physics engine is what will make or break a Arcade/sim like Forza or GT. If all the cars handle the same like in GT4 and Prologue then people don't enjoy it as much. Prologue felt like you were trying to steer a supertanker through Auckland CBD.

The physics model wasn't that bad, personally I prefer the physics of GT over NFS series. Or maybe I should play NFS more often to get use to that.

I bought the PS3 pretty much for the GT5, but it's been almost 3 years. I hope it's worth it. I won't be pre-ordering seeing that there's hardly any discount. I'll wait for launch day.

I thaught NFS shift handled like crap.

abeit, I only played the PC version, with both a keyboard and a wheel.

Anyone tried LFS? haha

Anyone tried LFS? haha

God yes, you really need a decent steering wheel setup to fully appreciate that game.