Sign in to follow this  
nipe

E46 front control arm dimensions

I just read a bit more on the other thread. E46 cabs don't fit an E30, tie rods & sway bars don't either. What are you going to use ? Track width in the front will be wider than the rear and you'll need to do big mods to your guards to get legal guard cover over your wheels. People have done 5 lug before without going to all this trouble & expense... or am I missing something ?

The problem with my setup is that I'm not using m3 stuff

You could probably get an engineer to machine up a couple of hubs for 5 lug and fit E30 wheel bearings into it cheaper than going down this route. And it would be legal & safe. Are you using E36 Ti in the rear ?

I think I might get my engineer to price up making some E30 5 X 120 front hubs. I'm sure there will be others interested if the price is affordable.

Then you would have to consider brakes. Changing the PDC on the original disc rotors wouldn't be a problem because they are hubcentric and are clamped by the wheel with the wheel bolts. Non ABS wouldn't need the rings, ABS systems would, so they would need to be swapped over. However, making up a one off hub gives you the opportunity to alter ET to a small degree and incorporate the brake disc you might want to run with a bigger brake set up. The problem with these projects is that nothing is cheap to do.. however it all is doable, but it must be done in a safe manner. I shudder when I read and see what, and how things are done on some of the overseas forums. You can't do some of the things that they do on their cars in this country... thank god. Just be realy careful what you read.

Edited by *Glenn*

It's all part of 5 lug, the wheel is too far back and the camber is too much positive

E46 arms wont fix the problem of the wheel being too far back in the guard anyway.

Don't worry guys, it's all good:)

My guess is that you will get a result like this:(it might be an e36 but it has basically the same setup as you will have)

post-3289-1281399275.jpgpost-3289-1281399289.jpg

You might be able to correct this with camber plates and some modification to where the strut mounts to the spindle.

I hope you can get this to work though.

heya nipe,

I'm unable to measure one at the moment the scrap bin was cleared out

I've looked into E46 arms too , just recently, and they will not correct the castor with what you are doing, also E46 arms are pretty pricey, maybe better to get some E36 M3 arms from a 1998

cheers

Jono

heya nipe,

I'm unable to measure one at the moment the scrap bin was cleared out

I've looked into E46 arms too , just recently, and they will not correct the castor with what you are doing, also E46 arms are pretty pricey, maybe better to get some E36 M3 arms from a 1998

cheers

Jono

I tried finding m3 arms, but nothing popped up, even in US, e46 arms are just marginally more expensive than e30 arms, will let you guys know how I get on

Guys another question, is there any difference between pre96 m3 front spindles and after 96 m3 spindles? Cheers

yes. Sorry I can't remember what

Are you going to get m3 brakes as well? might as well use some non-m spindles

yes. Sorry I can't remember what

Are you going to get m3 brakes as well? might as well use some non-m spindles

Well turns out non-m spindles are up to f**k all, they are different to m3 spindles as it appears, what a waste of $$ it was