Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

E38 Sub woofer install and amp upgrade

Hey mate, really good review. I was thinking to do the the same but never did. Just got some questions, how did you wire up the reversing camera and which one did u use?

and by removing your stock amps, did your sounds working all good with no lag? i mean does it turn off sometimes by its mind?

Thanks

I'll post details of the reversing camera install, I have a few photos of it. Camera kit is from Hotwire who sells them on Trademe. Camera includes a LED and fits into one of the rear number plate lights. It needs a little modification to get it to fit in the E38 number plate light hole (I used silicon to hold it in place). Kit includes a LED bulb for the other number plate light. There were a couple of mods needed to tap into the video on the video module and Hotwire provides the details of this with the kit.

As to turning on the amps; my 'remote on' feed is a white whire from the boot head unit wiring. I think its the 'car awake' wire as the amps stay on for a short while after the car is switched off, then the blue power lights go out. Because of this the moment I turn on the radio or CD I have sound.