Sign in to follow this  
Etwenty1

power window motor e30 pfl

I had a cunning plan to change some pfl doors onto my fl e30 as the current ones are rusted out. They power window units are different and it seems the motors are not interchageable. The ones i have do not have a bearing in the bottom of the motor casing, just a crude socket and a brass ball on the end of the pinion shaft.

My questionis, is there a way to refurb these? mine is fine winding up but hellish noisy on the way down. There are small tabs on the edge of the socket which i guess get bent up when you remove the shaft. Do these need to be somehow pressed down again to retain the ball under tension?

Should have just got new fl doors eh....

If anyone has 4x ice white FL doors or some constructive comments? Cheers

I had a cunning plan to change some pfl doors onto my fl e30 as the current ones are rusted out. They power window units are different and it seems the motors are not interchageable. The ones i have do not have a bearing in the bottom of the motor casing, just a crude socket and a brass ball on the end of the pinion shaft.

My questionis, is there a way to refurb these? mine is fine winding up but hellish noisy on the way down. There are small tabs on the edge of the socket which i guess get bent up when you remove the shaft. Do these need to be somehow pressed down again to retain the ball under tension?

Should have just got new fl doors eh....

If anyone has 4x ice white FL doors or some constructive comments? Cheers

Anyone know?