Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Favourite brew

Ranfurly, Tui, NZ Lager, Double Brown, etc are all fine as long as they are served ice cold. I'm yet to try Bush Mans beer.

do yourself a favour and DONT. bushmans is hagared as. i drank it on a crate day and it tastes pretty rough, but it does go down a treat when you get to the 11th bottle :wacko:

at the moment i'm on monteith's summer ale which has a honey sorta flavour that's quite nice. i usually go for anything thats $20+~ a doz when its on special on eg: macs, stella, budweiser, tiger, grolsch etc just to get a wider taste range. but when i want to be shreddy as i'll get on lion brown or waikato draught.

still looking for the perfect beer though

Monteiths Radler, Macs Twisted or Monteiths Summer Ale

Edited by Brams

New Zealand Beer = Emerson's Organic Pilsner or Epic (the original - although I have not ried the recent variants they were onlt released since I lived here)

US Beer = Pliny the Elder

When I was living in New Zealand my mainstream everyday beer was Mac's Hoprocker.

My mainstream everyday beer here is either Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Ranger IPA

Sounds like we have similar tastes. I drink the Hoprocker to if its on tap or if I'm buying from the supermarket. Buying a flagon is the way to go for Emersons or Epic. Emersons is only ~ $16 for a flagon.

ranfurly.

new zealands premium beer.

Posted Image

Edited by polley

New Zealand Beer = Emerson's Organic Pilsner or Epic (the original - although I have not ried the recent variants they were onlt released since I lived here)

Epic I.P.A is nice in summer, but thier Armageddon is fricken awesome ^_^

I love that we can get a huge range of Micro brew beers here now, I would rather 4 Quality beers than 12 watered down over carbonated rubbish like Tui, Lion or DB.

I would rather 4 Quality beers than 12 watered down over carbonated rubbish like Tui, Lion or DB.

That's my take exactly nowadays. I am long over the "drink to get drunk" days. I'd much rather have one or two very good beers than a dozen crap ones.

Also, many of the really good microbrews here have an alcohol content of 8 - 10%, so one or two is plenty.

You're all a bunch of stuck up snobs, nothing wrong with a leon rouge. I bet you all drive BMW's as well? :lol:

post-2550-1282771483.jpg

^ that little beauty is the Epic Armageddon IPA.. 42 hops of goodness

but if funds are low nothing like a goon to get the party started

Haha, I drive a French car and have a bit of class, the French beer is crap though :P

Most of mates drink that Lion Red stuff as did I when I was younger as you can simply keep on drinking the crap and you dont get drunk, it has no taste and all it does for me is make me feel bloated and want to piss a lot, It’s not beer and TBH I question whether it actually even has alcohol in it.

I know that the people that make it and market it don’t even drink the stuff.

ranfurly.

new zealands premium beer.

Posted Image

Arghhhhhh i can just imagine all the pain of drinking that ;) Reminds me when i was a student and they had $15, 24 packs of Kakanui gold...my flat mates and myself ended up buying 100 dozen but realised afterwards after how Sh!t it tasted...Bravo might remember those beers!! :lol:

You're all a bunch of stuck up snobs, nothing wrong with a leon rouge. I bet you all drive BMW's as well? :lol:

You are right, nothing wrong with a red!!

post-2550-1282771483.jpg

but if funds are low nothing like a goon to get the party started

Lol thats the one, EPIC IPA.

Alc/Vol - 6.66% (the number of the yeast) :lol:

Anyone here had the New Zealand Lager? my mates dad drinks the 440ml cans, nasty stuff but cheap as..

I cant remember the last weekend I didn't drink NZ lager. Its cheap, 5%, and flat so it can be drunk fast.

Otherwise I think I like Tuatara Pils best, but only when grown ups are buying ;)

Good call, it’s bloody expensive, you are paying over $20 for four small bottles of Tuatara, it does come in a nice box though :rolleyes:

A nice Whisky will always win for me.

Always fall back on The Glenn Livet but am always keen to try new ones, they are not so cheap Duty Free anymore though

I have my phases but always come back to the same things. Double Brown, Monteighs black, CC dry, Scotch, Tequila Lemonade and Heineken.

Bottle of 1800 went down on the Friday just gone, and a few boxes of Doh Bros over the weekend too.

post-2550-1282771483.jpg

I see that it is advertised as having 42 hops in it, yet it has an IBU (measurement of how hoppiness the beer is) of 60. That is pretty low compared with "hoppy" IPAs over here. I have often bought ones with an IBU of around 100.

However I have come to the conclusion that for my tastes, the ideal IPA has an IBU of 55 - 75. Therefore I think I would like the Armageddon. The Ranger IPA I regularly drink here has an IBU of 70, and for a regularly drunk IPA I think it is about perfect.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/ranger-ipa

I was drinking this last night, it was very easy to drink:

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/hoptober

Here is a link to Pliny the Elder (IBU of 100). If there was a god, this would be what he would have asked the makers of beer to create:

http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pages/b...inytheelder.htm

what's the Bishop,s finger like

Brown, smelly and does terrible things to your backside :lol: , in otherwise a strongly flavoured bitter.

Being from Kent, the beers were always made with the best hops in the world - local ones.

Beer-

Speights or Tui are my number one!

Also enjoy heineys, but dont buy them usually :lol:

Spirits-

Bourbon - usually jim beam

Or if the bank accounts not feeling too good then blue diesels !

Or anything else that happens to be in my cupboard :)

You must live in the wrong town buddy. Its $12.99 a doz at Countdown here in Timaru.

That's probably Timaru's biggest drawcard :P

24$/doz is standard North Island price I think.

Mostly Belgian\Belgian style beers - Duvel, Chimey, Gouden Carolus, Achel just to name a few.

Speaking of Epic

post-733-1282809935.jpg

Its good sh*t

Edited by Eagle

Aged Rums - Appletons Estate 12 years +, Havana Club etc . And as my old man told me ! Son there is no such thing as a bad beer, only beer and good beer ! So i drink good beer :P

Posted Image

pretty much the best ever..

Whatever's on the tap or in the beer fridge.

Quite partial to Miller's Genuine Draft at the moment though, when it's in the beer fridge ^_^

Edited by M530i

Posted Image

pretty much the best ever..

Not really a super lager fan but morlunds is pretty good!