Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2001 530i Motorsport

2001 530i Motorsport

Mods:

-Carbon Fibre badges on all wheels, hood and boot.

-Matte black kidney grilles DIY :lol:

-Solar Black tints by Carfolie

-German plates :lol:

-Stealth rear and front indicator bulbs

-Free-flow exhaust

-Twin exhaust tips

-Hella OEM headlights

-Brigestone RE001 Adrenalin all round.

To come:

-18/19" staggered wheels

-M5 Mirrors

-Slight drop

Edited by Tristan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the Kidney grilles came out looking good and personally I like the way they look on the car.

I used 600 grit sandpaper, several light coats of primer and the same for the paint then left overnight to dry.

Still to come is tinting by Seth@Carfolie.

Edited by M530i

Looks good ;)

wtf @ lights, are they an LED lowbeam or something?

Edited by antil33t

Got no idea, was expecting them to come off at compliance but they didn't. They are LED I believe, single ring angel eyes. They need to be re-adjusted and the importer is sorting that within the week.

Maybe its a bond style car and they spin around shooting bullets.

Yes, lights were on car when I got it and will stay that way until I clear some funds. I spent today doing dad's car as a father's day gift (I actually forgot it was fathers day until after I did it haha) before he gets back from overseas tomorrow morning. Pics to come whn I get home from dinner but it looks great; colour is amazing, it's like a

Mirror.

Looking great man! I spent 4.5 hours on mine today cleaning bits and pieces, even had the air gun out...

Any new ideas for wheels? I think the standard motorsport wheels look really good albeit a bit small..

Didn't think a white car could look this good - sweet ride!

Edited by Nick021

Tidy, nice job on the grills.

Not a fan of the lights sadly, ask the importer to get you some factory clears?

Great work Tristan-looks trick-Liking the grills too.

Thanks all! Regarding the lights, yes I will ask the importer for the factory clears as I know for sure he has them. I'm sure many of you will have seen the other white 530i on TradeMe. Nicely ACSd up, I bought from the same guy. Great service, very helpful.

Regarding the wheels, I agree I like they way they look but yes they are a bit small :)

I'm thinking 18" black wheels, chrome lip - I like how it looks, maybe it's because of my age because my dad doesn't agree but when I'm paying for it what difference does it make ae? But in saying that I need to earn a bit more before I can move onto wheels but they are right up there on the list of upgrades.

EDIT:

One of Dad's Fathers' Day gifts :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like how you can see the clouds in the reflection of this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M530i

Now Dads is a serious bit of kit !!

Now Dads is a serious bit of kit !!

After buying it a nice surprise was that it was chipped and re-mapped (I assume) to 500bhp :)

Edited by M530i

Nice job on both cars in that case. I see someone else also just cleans a car insted of giving a present! haha

My effort, too many hours but saves having to go out and looking for some kind of present, everyone loves a clean car. I know I'd rather have my car groomed than a present, unless the present is a new car....

Even gave this a kerosene wash..... ;)

edit resize

post-29-1283682923.jpg

Edited by RJS

Nice job on both cars in that case. I see someone else also just cleans a car insted of giving a present! haha

My effort, too many hours. Even Kerosene wash..... ;)

Looks great! Beautiful car, even more so with your cleaning. I want to clean Mum's car as well but being a 4WD it seems like too epic of a job to clay bar haha.

Edited by M530i

Just dont claybar the roof, the rest should be easy enough haha

I'll save it for another weekend, or maybe Mother's Day -_-

Even gave this a kerosene wash..... ;)

I've heard of this... Can you explain?

Wow, that Porshe's paint is perfect, Nice work man!

I've heard of this... Can you explain?

Wow, that Porshe's paint is perfect, Nice work man!

Thanks, and yeh - can you elaborate on the kerosene wash, please?

I'm thinking 18" black wheels, chrome lip - I like how it looks, maybe it's because of my age because my dad doesn't agree but when I'm paying for it what difference does it make ae?

In my opinion I reakon white car with black wheels and a chrome lip is way over done.

If it were me... I would be having a chat to THIS dealer and seeing if he would part with his wheels and do a swap for yours plus 1.5k...

Edited by AJ_D

In my opinion I reakon white car with black wheels and a chrome lip is way over done.

If it were me... I would be having a chat to THIS dealer and seeing if he would part with his wheels and do a swap for yours plus 1.5k...

As much as I like basketweaves, I'm not so much a fan on newer cars, if anybody can photoshop me some onto this it would be appreciated, some coloured centres would be nice too :)

Style 5s never came in 19", they were only made in 17" staggered and non-staggered, aswell as 18" staggered and non-staggered, the thing about Style 5's and most dished wheels is that even though they are 17" (or 18") they actually look bigger than they actually are.

18" looks better for an E39 but they are as rare as rocking horse sh*t. For a good set of 18" Staggered Style 5's they would be about 2000-2500 USD (well those the prices I have seen them go for in the last 6 months). They only came on E31's and E38 that were optioned from factory (someone correct me if I am wrong) however if you want 1 I think Simon has one in the boot of his 540iS :D

I reakon you could pick up those wheels on that 540i for 1k + your current wheels.

The wheels in your sig are Style 5's, if you do go on the hunt for them they can also be called BBS RC 090

Edit: ^ Holy sh*t at the prices above!

Edited by AJ_D

Okay, Kerosene wash, dilute kerosene in hot water and use a wash mitt and just go over the car with it throroughly in the shade and then rinse it off then wash it with normal car wash but make sure you do a through job with that also.

Basically it breaks down all the old waxes and contaminants on the paint which makes it easier to clay bar and rewax.

The Bentley didnt really need it but it was a present also so might aswell do a mint job.

It also helps if you have a hotwater water blaster that can feed Kerosene directly into it but its not imperitive..

Edited by RJS