Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2001 530i Motorsport

Try using some floss (teeth) to get it off, thats how i got my 325i badge off

twin tips looks quite mean.

Headlights go on the front of the car not in the boot btw :P Did the muppets that put the fugly ones in cut the connectors or will it just be a straight swap?

Pretty sure that the original wiring is still in place but I'm missing bulbs and sh*t so I'll take it to an auto electrician to sort it because I'd rather not f**k around in there. Yeah, I used a piece of string to get it off then scraped the old adhesive off.

Mate just got here so gonna get some drive-by vids now.

Asuming they arn't xenon get some Narva super blue bulbs from repco (dont let the elcectrian use cheap bulbs it will look like ass) i recall you saying those other ones were led or something? if so they might have put some random ballasts in there :S

MUCH better Tristan.

B)

i'd go for some phillips xtreme power bulbs over any marketed 'blue' light. Blue bulbs tend to have a crap spread of light and thus actually give you less vision for twice the price, brightness and blueness.

They look cool tho :P

i'd go for some phillips xtreme power bulbs over any marketed 'blue' light. Blue bulbs tend to have a crap spread of light and thus actually give you less vision for twice the price, brightness and blueness.

They look cool tho :P

ive found that no matter what blue i get it always comms out white (which is what i actually want) or even sometimes still yellow depending on the brand.

Havn't got any new ones for the E39 yet might look into those ones.

I got Philips X-treme Power (+80%) bulbs and they are awesome.

Way better than the blue tinted ones.

Some of those blue tinted ones are very dull in projector headlights.

I got Philips X-treme Power (+80%) bulbs and they are awesome.

Way better than the blue tinted ones.

Some of those blue tinted ones are very dull in projector headlights.

+1

Xtreme power for high beams. i light up the road like daylight. Awesome driving lights.

Just got home and my camera is in the car and I am in no state to go anywhere near a car. I will post up my lone drive-by vid when I get home later. Wait I am home. Tomorrow.

Just got home and my camera is in the car and I am in no state to go anywhere near a car. I will post up my lone drive-by vid when I get home later. Wait I am home. Tomorrow.

LOL

1 Tequila 2 Tequila 3 Tequila FLOOR!

warm hair dryer and some careful prising. If it doesn't come off then just rip it and replace with 3M adhesive tape from repco.

Done.

Thats not the best way.. as one slip with the prising part and youre repainting your boot!

The is what I did.

1 x reel of fishing line

1 x bottle of Desolvit (wont harm paint)

1 x new clean rag

some 3m panel tape

spray Desolvit onto the the badge area.

Let the desolvit soak into the tape a little.

Use fishing nylon and place it on the top part of the badge inbetween the badge and the painted surface so it acts as a cutting tool. Pull down and tight on both ends of the nylon.

The nylon _wont_ scratch your paint or rip up the tape prematurely (which will most likely rip the clear coat right off!)

after the badge comes off youll have half of the tape sponge all over your boot. spray and soak with the desolvit also apply desolvit to the rag and rub firmly but still being gentle enough not to damage your paint from scrtaching.

keep re-applying the desolvit and repeating until all gone.. you may have some gum left over which you can use desolvit and a fresh rag (without tape glue in it) to help remove.

Wash and clean up your badge with water and dry.

Apply 3m tape to badge and carefully reseat the badge in the correct OEM location.

SORTED!

Uploading drive-by to Youtube. Headlights will be on tomorrow. I'll head into Repco later to look at bulbs.

EDIT:

I got sidetracked but here it is

Wasn't foot to the floor though.

Edited by Tristan

I thought that there was only the cats, Y resonator and rear muffler (which is the picture you took).

Most people say keep the Y resonator or it will drone and I see this is what you have done. What other mufflers did they remove? Sounds good. I may get it done myself..... how much did that set you back?

$400 at Woolf, $350 if I'd gone single tip.

Just took out the muffler closest to the tip and a smaller one at about the middle of the car. Total weight removed about 20kgs. Epic performance gains, I know. This may just be me being silly but it seems that the pick-up from nought is a quicker.

Sounds better in person :) If I get sick of the noise I'll stick the small muffler back in, still sounded great but I wanted it louder. May be too loud for some tastes ^_^ Still sounds euro though.

very nice mod might get something like this done on the 7, v8 rumble mmmmm

Gotta be careful what you do on a vanos V8, I've heard you can lose power if you do the wrong kind of setup, either way, you would need to get the ECU re-tuned for the new system afterwards.

Looks reallllly nice ! .. congrats.

Im interested in the exhaust tone ... thinking about doing mine soon for a suttle v8 burble ... Mine came with the ultra quite exhaust

Have been wanting to change ours on the 540, let me know what road you take if you get yours done.,.

Have been wanting to change ours on the 540, let me know what road you take if you get yours done.,.

Will do.

It's a toss up between keeping the siliencer chambers and going with a Remus rear (about $1100 worth + install)

Or removing some of the other center stuff.

Johno's 7 series sound awesome .. its pretty much the sounbd I want ... not shouty but still have a nice burbble with a bit of throat.

Its weird, the e46 (m54b30) had a full supersprint system (all but the headers) and it sounded great .. but almost a tad (a small tad mind you) too loud for a suburb crawler.

maybe its just me getting older heh.

Having some trouble with warrant for them but trying to sort it. Apparently they don't aim in the right place and can't be adjusted.