Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

I've been having a few issues with the resident a**hole over the past few months. Wifey informs me, he makes me spend $850 on ciggarettes & $350 on beer per month on average and he's trying to kill me... far out... I know were this could go...... maybe a project or two ?

Anyway... yesterday morning I was having a coffee out on the deck at 3.00am with the prick.. and 2 cigs later, he informs me theres no more left... WTF !! you didn't bring any home ??? nup... F.U.T.T... Havent spoken to the prick since.

So its a cold turkey run for me ATM...no patches, no pills...just going to do it... and get rid of the a**hole that's been trying to kill me for many, many years... and spend the money on projects that cant kill me.

2nd Day... tolerance levels for idiots have always been a constant "O"... but today I have "O" for people contact altogether.... I've come home early. And .... f**ken smokers are starting to stink.. natural orange juice tastes loverly © oranges & bananas really do taste quite nice and my coffee tastes different ?.... sh*t... both my cars stink too.

I'm realy going to fight this...I WANT TO STOP SMOKING

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1

Glenn - change the title to Glenn's blog on quiting smoking... It will make for a great read!

Good stuff Glenn.

Read Allen Carrs easy way to quit, I know you have it, it explains a lot and makes you realise how much of a slave to the drug you are.

If you can read and understand that book it makes it very hard to smoke again, your a smart man so if you can’t do it your only kidding yourself :huh:

It explains and makes you realise its smoking that is making you stressed and smoking again is only prolonging that stress, you will be grumpy, stressed and depressed for the for first three weeks while the powerful drug is leaving your system, after that you find a level of calmness and self control you haven’t felt in years.

I was very depressed for the first month, more so at the loss of that friend you speak of, the void goes away though.

Give me a call when you have read the book

f**k $850 a month on cigs??!! That's more than 2 packs a day?

Good luck mate, quit smoking and you're saving over 10 grand a year! That's a lot of cool sh*t for the car!

Suck ice or chew normal gum when you feel like a smoke, will help with the "something to do" aspect of addiction.

YOU CAN DOOO EEEEET!

I can do anything Lance... the problem I have, is the a**hole.. he's been around a while.. I need to distance myself to gettting away from him for ever... It's not going to be easy tho.. I hope I can do it.

It really is easy to quite Glenn, just read that f**king book. If you don’t I will drop a copy around and or read it out loud!

I do have a coppy if you want it, I dont need it ;)

Edited by resident know it all

I can do anything Lance... the problem I have, is the a**hole.. he's been around a while.. I need to distance myself to gettting away from him for ever... It's not going to be easy tho.. I hope I can do it.

Tell the a**hole if he comes back he has to change the sparkplugs and adjust the timing on my car. That will surely keep him away..

Tell the a**hole if he comes back he has to change the sparkplugs and adjust the timing on my car. That will surely keep him away..

f**k that...I'd rather imigrate

It really is easy to quite Glenn, just read that f**king book. If you don’t I will drop a copy around and or read it out loud!

I do have a coppy if you want it, I dont need it ;)

I read a few pages on Sunday... thats why i had the arguement yesterday with the resident a**hole. Wifey got the book for me sometime ago.. I know where I'm heading now.. its not a dairy (drugstore)..

Good luck Glenn, i've been living with THAT a**hole for 27 years. Have never truly tried to get rid of him but would like to.

What are you doing with your hands lol, ex smokers will know what i'm talking about.

Graham, i think i'll try to find that book.

I gave the a**hole a 9 month holiday... 10years ago.. business & people brought the prick back from holiday.. I called it an extended cruise... he called it a break... This time he has to go

It’s in all good book stores.

I tried a few times, cold turkey, patches, will power, gum all that sh*t but it doesn’t work and doesn’t address the actual problem, it all lies in your brain, once you have reprogrammed your thoughts towards smoking its easy.

That book should be subsidized by the government as its method is IMO the only way to truly quite smoking, all other are simply prolonging the addiction, the book will help you find closure and explain and erase all things you think you know about your drug dependency.

It’s not a habit its simple drug dependency, once you realise this you won’t even think about what you are doing with your hands.

Edited by resident know it all

Good on you for giving it a crack Glenn, I'll see you on the other side!

I read different things... I then distanced myself from the smoker inside who has control... alienated him from me...then planned my escape... It started Monday morning.. I'm either going to go mad or escape.. :D

WTF were you doing out on the deck at 3 in the morning. At that time I am securely cuddled up to the wifey making those zed noises.

That bast ard has had me for near 40 years now and like you I think its time to kick him to the kerb.

GOOD LUCK mate I know how hard it is.

Good on you Glenn, I went cold turkey a few months ago, everythng seems much smellier now...

Good on you Glenn, I went cold turkey a few months ago, everythng seems much smellier now...

Does the shower still work out rural ??... joke... I know what you mean... just 2 days and lots of things change. I'm not looking forward to the hot & cold sweat nights.. I have done this before.. ten years ago.. it'll probably start happening in the next few days.. hot, cold, hot, cold... sweating and real weird dreams... tolerance levels drop at this point for the loss of sleep factor... I suggest sleep alone when this happens... you can get quite emotional and violent in your sleep

Edited by *Glenn*

Good luck, I want to quit as well, tried a few times but never managed more than few days.

Does the shower still work out rural ??

Yeah, had my yearly shower in Feb.

Glad you fixed my cooling systems before you went cold turkey :P , wouldn't want you getting frustrated and taking a hammer to my engine.

Good luck mate, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Edited by ///MICHAEL

You'll find you start to put on some weight, i tried to give up a while back , and i just started to eat more and more, I ended up spending more on food than smokes haha,

I find that i WANT to give up, but its something i enjoy doing which makes it hard. But i do admire you and goodluck ( cold turky is the way to go )