Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

Oh and one of my tricks was buying lots of boxes of cheese shapes .... its a good crack replacement.

Oh and one of my tricks was buying lots of boxes of cheese shapes .... its a good crack replacement.

go from thin to fat in just 30 days guaranteed haha

Kerry... stop smoking... spend the money on your car... let the neighbour keep the wife happy :P

J Joking... ATM I feel like killing something... anyone got a 325 Vanos steel block engine they want stripping, cleaned , parts label'd , so long as I can keep the block ?.. has to be 325 not 320 and not alloy

lol the neighbor is a trolly female st johns lady so wifey's welcome to her, if i get time il have a look at what block my m502.5 is as its either one or the other.

The next thing after this is youll actually start to hate smokers ... it f**ken reeks hahaha

haha yea I really notice the smell now

dirty smokers lol

Glenn, I was also a 2 pack a day smoker 6 years ago, then one day for no real reason, I stopped. Never tried placebos or any substitutes, just stopped cold. I was still playing soccer then and got sick of the halftime fag and the spitting and coughing in the mornings. I still find it hard socially sometimes, and could go back to it real easy, but hope I don't.

Funny thing is, at the end of the day, it's up to you and whether you want to quit badly enough, no-one else can do it for you.

Just think of all the extra cash you'll have for the project, one of my mates quit and put the money he saved in a bank account for a Jag, he'd always wanted one, took him just over a year to get it.

Good luck mate.

• Like 1

Day 4.... Don't feel to bad today, slept better last night and feel a bit more relaxed than yesterday. I've found changing my habits and not substitution is working. I usually go out on the deck to smoke- I haven't been on the deck since the WE... I usually light a cig when I get in the car- I now eat a banana. A beer at night.. I have cheese & tomatoe crackers with it instead of the ciggy... I still feel like ripping something apart though

I think that 10k per year you're saving could go towards a turbo swap for the Lil' Girls Car? That'd keep you busy :P

Well done though, keep it up!

Edited by antil33t

I smoked from age 16 to age 23 (7 years). One day I decided I didn't want to smoke anymore and gave up.

That was 5 years ago. I used to use all my sick leave every year when I smoked. Thought it was normal. I've had 1 day off sick in the last 5 years.

Dad gave up when I was born after smoking for 20 years. He just made his mind up he didn't want to. he still misses his pipe (but not ciggies) and it was nearly 30 years ago, but has no interest in starting again. He used to smoke 2 packs a day plus a pipe.

My grandmother gave up smoking because she got sick of the ash falling in her knitting!

My Uncle gave up a month or so ago after 40 years of smoking. it was killing him. He's the last one in the family to give up. So now we have no smokers. Pretty good.

9th Day as a smoker who chooses not to smoke.... and I've saved $300 :P

Starting to feel alot better than I did last week :D

Edited by *Glenn*

good on ya mate.

Great stuff Glen. What do the smokers cars smell like now?

3 weeks is a good base, 12 days you'll hit the witching hour and be seen to be rolling buts into a paper, anything for a drag, be strong keep busy, mow your lawn etc it passes.

Great stuff Glen. What do the smokers cars smell like now?

Like sh*t.... like both of mine :(

The smokers also stink... can smell them at 2-3 metres

Edited by *Glenn*

Well done Glenn. I admire people who have the will to actually stop when they say they're going to stop. :)

Will be watching your progress. That book you guys talk about sounds interesting, will keep the name just incase.

Will be watching your progress.

There won't be any progress... I stopped smoking last week .. Monday the 20th September 2010 at about 4.00 am

• Like 1

The smokers also stink... can smell them at 2-3 metres

Welcome to the non-smokers world.

I can tell when my staff have sneaked off for a smoke just because they stink. They think I'm psychic or something :ph34r:

yea you never notice it when you are a smoker, but once you stop, wow you can really smell it

now I know what everyone was complaining about when you could smoke in pubs etc

good stuff Glenn, keep up the good work

keep yourself busy (I doubt that's hard with your workshop and knowledge) and you'll do fine

Awesome job Glenn! I found the toughest part of giving up was; the routines when you smoke, like before bed after or with coffee, having a few beers, driving to work etc etc and realising those signs and when those cravings come on.

Alittle bit OT but relevant to people giving up smoking: A friend of mine is over from Australia at the end of next month to release a new drug, for clearing lungs from the crap of years of smoking...even when you give up smoking only a small % of tar and crap comes out and the rest remains...could be pharmaceutical co's propoganda though, i think i'll probably look into it!

Awesome job Glenn! I found the toughest part of giving up was; the routines when you smoke, like before bed after or with coffee, having a few beers, driving to work etc etc and realising those signs and when those cravings come on.

Alittle bit OT but relevant to people giving up smoking: A friend of mine is over from Australia at the end of next month to release a new drug, for clearing lungs from the crap of years of smoking...even when you give up smoking only a small % of tar and crap comes out and the rest remains...could be pharmaceutical co's propoganda though, i think i'll probably look into it!

I'd be interested in finding out what this drug is called and whether it works- my mum and sister both smoke and have either quit or are trying to quit. My mum quit after about 40 years of smoking (and my nan after 50- gave her another ten years...). Mum and nan both quit one day and never started again... but then both instances involved emergency medical procedures! :D

Would be good to see if there's something out there that can help 'new non-smokers' recover quicker...

Edited by Sick Puppy