Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

I'd be interested in finding out what this drug is called and whether it works

Would be good to see if there's something out there that can help 'new non-smokers' recover quicker...

I'll Facebook him now and find out the name of it!

Sorry guys, it's illegal for him to give the name of the drug until it is released on the last week of October, I'll post more when I know the name, he did say it'll be a prescription drug subsidised by the govt.

I've taken and used absolutely nothing.. no patches, no pills or gum.... nothing. I'm feeling alot better since the weekend... however... I'm a realy grumpy prick ATM and have an even lower tolerance level for idiots and time wasters.

So you’re back to normal happy self then Glenn :P

You must be very strong willed, the people I know who've tried to quit have only lasted a few days. I'm sure you've survived the hardest part.

Drug addiction suuuuuuuuucks.

I'm a realy grumpy prick ATM and have an even lower tolerance level for idiots and time wasters.

Let the entertainment begin.

Glenn could you price me up some parts for a car I don't know the chassis number of and I wont pick up my phone once they have arrived because I have no money to pay for them.

Glenn could you price me up some parts for a car I don't know the chassis number of and I wont pick up my phone once they have arrived because I have no money to pay for them.

haha.

I can price the parts and just give the prices to your GF before she leaves here tonight :P Don't worry about paying... shes looking after it

BTW Peter... she said "whats a few screws.. thats easy "

Edited by *Glenn*

^ HAHA!

Into my 4th week now... it's not easy... but I'm determined to be a non smoker.. no cigarette has touched my body since my first post :D

Well done old fella, keep strong.

well done Glenn, keep it !

Thanks guys... its the rest of the sh*t that goes with the withdrawals that makes it hard ... all this sh*t :

Anger & Mood Swings

Boredom

Constipation & Gas

Feeling Closed In

Cough, Dry Throat, Nasal Drip

Cravings For Cigarettes

Depression

Dizziness and Invertigo

Feeling tired all the time

Frustration

Headaches

Increase in Appetite

Insomnia

Irritability, Grouchiness

Lack Of Concentration

Loneliness

Night Time Awakenings

Restlessness

Tightness In The Chest

Weight gain

Most of those can be cured just by doing 45-60 min of cardio vascular exercise (about the same as walking around the hill you live on) you will feel a million bucks for doing it.

Proud of you Glenn.

everything on that list will start dropping away soon

drink plenty of water, eat good food (ie very little or no junk food) and if possible try to get in a bit of exercise, even if it's just a quick 20 minute walk (increase as you get your fitness back)

and every time you get a craving, go tinker with your car and before you know it it'll be a couple of hours later

Edited by Wom

Every time you get a craving, go tinker with your Bimmersport and or OEM man part and before you know it it'll be a couple of hours later

/\ haha.

Good on ya Glenn.

I've got this to play with... but finding the rest to play with it has been difficult. I need a project to keep me occupied

post-1129-1286849047.jpg

Good to hear this Glenn! :D

Keep it up!

I've got this to play with... but finding the rest to play with it has been difficult. I need a project to keep me occupied

yea mate, find something to keep yourself occupied

for me ... it was xbox LOL

I have to say, I clocked a lot of games in the 6 months after becoming a non-smoker

Hey Glenn, good on ya.

I smoked since I was 15 till I was 25. When living in Australia I was a truck driver and used to power smoke a 50 pack in 1.5 days. I wasn't planning on giving up but when I left to come home from AU I travelled to Brizzie from Melbourne and stayed with relatives. The night before I left for NZ I had the biggest night on the piss in me life. I smoked a 50 pack in one day, in the morning I was so sick from smokes and alcohol I decided to have a day off.

When I got back to NZ 2 days went past and I thought sh*t?!? I haven't had a smoke, so I thought f**k it, I'll carry this on and wet complete cold turkey. First few days even air and doors made me angry but trust me mate, you'll get over it. It's not so much the financial gain that was the incentive but the fact you're not handing coin over the government and the health benefits is what made me carry on.

My wife bought me packet of ciggies Pack of Horizon Red 50's it was before we got on the plane, I still have that sealed packet of smokes to this day 5 years later! If the camera was charged I'd pic it but what I plan to do is put that in a frame with a bottle of beer that I had left over from my 21's

• Like 1

Impressive self control Glenn.

My wife bought me packet of ciggies Pack of Horizon Red 50's it was before we got on the plane, I still have that sealed packet of smokes to this day 5 years later! If the camera was charged I'd pic it but what I plan to do is put that in a frame with a bottle of beer that I had left over from my 21's

You haven't touched them because they're mud ass holidays haha.