Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

Impressive self control Glenn.

You haven't touched them because they're mud ass holidays haha.

They lasted about 30 seconds mate, it was paper and dried leaves.

Relish your life as a non-smoker Glen. Remember to use the phone if need be. Talk to another person instead of the negative self talk. Some of those symptoms you listed can become quite overwhelming for anyone to deal with alone.

5 mins per cig x 40 per day is about 3- 4 extra hours a day for your brain to deal with.

Regards Ray

Relish your life as a non-smoker Glen. Remember to use the phone if need be. Talk to another person instead of the negative self talk. Some of those symptoms you listed can become quite overwhelming for anyone to deal with alone.

5 mins per cig x 40 per day is about 3- 4 extra hours a day for your brain to deal with.

Regards Ray

Others will not understand what you have just written... I realy appreciate your support Ray

Yea it's always a pleasure to chat Glenn call anytime! See you tomorrow. And well done. Mum only used to smoke 2 a day when she got home but fark it sucked when she quit.

Glenn, have you tried hand to gland combat or intercourse when you feel the urge instead of having a cigarette?

More than happy to add myself to any 'phone list' you have for the harder times Glenn.

Glenn, have you tried hand to gland combat or intercourse when you feel the urge instead of having a cigarette?

Is that why you've got a giant right wrist?

Is that why you've got a giant right wrist?

No, this is because I'm married.

Anger & Mood Swings

Boredom

Constipation & Gas

Feeling Closed In

Cough, Dry Throat, Nasal Drip

Cravings For Cigarettes

Depression

Dizziness and Invertigo

Feeling tired all the time

Frustration

Headaches

Increase in Appetite

Insomnia

Irritability, Grouchiness

Lack Of Concentration

Restlessness

Tightness In The Chest

Weight gain

LOL i have all these and i havn't even given up. Maybe it would be easy for me because i've already got withdrawl symptons.

Keep going Glenn, 4 weeks is a milestone mate ;)

I thought those symptoms were due to kids and wives.

Also tied into being a New Zealand cricket and football supporter.

Edited by Silver Fox

Thanks guys... its the rest of the sh*t that goes with the withdrawals that makes it hard ... all this sh*t :

Anger & Mood Swings

Boredom

Constipation & Gas

Feeling Closed In

Cough, Dry Throat, Nasal Drip

Cravings For Cigarettes

Depression

Dizziness and Invertigo

Feeling tired all the time

Frustration

Headaches

Increase in Appetite

Insomnia

Irritability, Grouchiness

Lack Of Concentration

Loneliness

Night Time Awakenings

Restlessness

Tightness In The Chest

Weight gain

A + B + C = D

:lol:

It’s all linked and has nothing to do with Nicotine at all, it’s easy to get depressed and justify things and blame things though, I was a mess, was so miserable I alienated myself for weeks.

LOL i have all these and i havn't even given up. Maybe it would be easy for me because i've already got withdrawl symptons.

All smokers are in withdrawal, that’s what keeps you smoking, you have withdrawal five minutes after every cigarette its how the drugs works, smokers are angrier people only they mask it buy feeding the itch with a cigarette every time they get angry, it’s like rewarding yourself for getting angry.

Pooh pooh it but its true.

Im just as angry as before only now im in control of it and don’t have to sob off with my blanky cigarette when something is harder in life.

You would LOL even harder if you knew the half of my current legal predicament. Watched that movie Anger Management last week and its along those lines.

What I meant was, im in control of my anger not Nicotine, after quitting you gain a nervous sense of control you forgot about

how you doing with this glenn. you inspired me to give it a go so ive been smoke free since monday 5pm, all i can say is grrrrrrrr.

Edited by kerry

Still haven't touched one... this is week 5.... week 6 starts Monday

I found the first 3 weeks the hardest... starting to come right now... glad I've got this far, smokers stink, their cars stink and they polute our environment... did I just say that ? :unsure:

Edited by *Glenn*

hows it all going glenn?

Really good thanks Heath.. I'm a non smoker as far as I'm concerned now

Into my ninth week now :) and still smoke free

To any of you younger people out there that smoke.... GIVE IT UP NOW....After nearly 40yrs smoking... you wouldn't believe what I've been through and getting over ATM.

Giving up the smokes was quite easy... it's the rest of the crap you have to deal with and everybody will react differently.

There are some great supporters on here ( they know who they are ) and their support has been a huge help. This type of sh*t (nicotine is a serious drug) is not easy. The little talks and conversations have helped alot guys.... I owe you guys alot :D

Edited by *Glenn*

I rekon this thread should be stickied so that anyone wanting to quit smoking can refer to it. Lots of really good information, inspiration and advice throughout.

• Like 1

I'm going through the battle too glenn. Although I am in my second week of relapse after 8 smokefree.

Not looking forward to getting back on the wagon, but hardout looking forward to being smokefree again.

Into week 10 ATM... week 11 starts Monday. Coping a little better too. I realy didn't think it would be that hard. It would be a lot easier for younger people who haven't smoked for so many years.

BTW: The last cigarette I have ever touched was at 3.00am Monday the 20th September 2010

I've also saved $2,244.oo :P

Edited by *Glenn*

Well done Glenn 10 weeks is a long time!

My longest stint was 4.5 weeks, but i've decided to be a non-smoker effective from the 20th December (Day 1 of my 4 week break from stressful job)

I read the Allen Carr's easy way book, and unfortunatley was 're-captured' by the evil filth..

But.. there is hope for me afterall - Allen Carr has a book called 'Only way to stop smoking' It is basically the 140 odd page easy way book explained in more detail, Only way is about 500 pages. I'm reading through this at the moment. I am looking forward to reaching the 10 week mark. Well done once again Glenn!