Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

Great milestone Glen. Congrats.

Thanks Ray.... its been a roller coaster journey

Definately an impressive feat Glenn, especially with everything else that was going on during the harder times. I'll bring you some business either this week or next (girlfriends golf). Will give you a call tomorrow probably.

Nice work Glenn. Tomorrow marks one year since I last lit up

Getting easier, but still have cravings every now and then when I'm stressed.

Well done Glenn & others.

This from someone who never has (apart from trying a couple when a teenager & hating it) & never will.

I honestly can't see what the hell people like about it - from a naive point of view of course

8 months for me now, Still get the cravings and have gone from 52kg to 84kg :o , something had to give somewhere i guess and as you can see I am really enjoying my food lol.

Keep it up everybody else :)

That's great news Jason... except for the (___!___) :P

I haven't put on any weight... must be all the work I do

I average about 10 - 12 kms per day at work but it does not help. I have plateaued out though and i am not gaining any more. I say this as I polish off 2 butterfly cupcakes :rolleyes: .

Congrats! im at 3 years and loving still being quit. Im all for it being banned personally to break the cycle properly. But understand why people do it.

Well done Glenn. Hooray for being healthy ... now we need to talk about this bacon addiction of yours. One addict to another.

100% smoke free for 21 years, I dont think I'm a typical product of my generation.

all of you guys though thats really good effort giving up. I have mates that "cannot" give up, but from my nonsmoker point of view, it seems like massive will power is the only way to really give up!

...and another Bacon addict here, the latest investment....

Posted Image

8 months for me now, Still get the cravings and have gone from 52kg to 84kg :o , something had to give somewhere i guess and as you can see I am really enjoying my food lol.

Keep it up everybody else :)

I'm about the same, amazed at how much extra $ we have.

84kgs, sounds healthier too me than 52kgs (for a man) ;)

84kgs, sounds healthier too me than 52kgs (for a man) ;)

Jason's a dwalf :P

lol not quite a dwarf but not a basketball player either, At my lowest point when I was going through my treatment for stomach cancer I went down to 36kg so to be honest i am stoked to be 80+ kg :D

Do you guys get cravings at all? I haven't touched a cig for over a year almost a year but when I see people smoking it makes me feel like one, and when I am reallly stressed. But still smoke-free for the girlfriend :)

Do you guys get cravings at all? I haven't touched a cig for over a year almost a year but when I see people smoking it makes me feel like one, and when I am reallly stressed. But still smoke-free for the girlfriend :)

I get cravings all the time but they are getting less.

Thought I would just bump this as I have hit the 1 year and 8 month mark not that I am counting lol. Still get cravings from time to time and I have not noticed any extra money but that's probably gone into food as a shop for me and the missus is a pretty standard $240 a week these days in grocery's.

My burst of weight gain has leveled out about 6 months ago so overall gained 40kg.

Do I feel any better , apart from the no more coughing and the lack of cigarette stench I feel the same. Now its just the age catching up on me.

Great stuff Jason

It'll be 3 years for me on the 20th

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1

Thought I would just bump this as I have hit the 1 year and 8 month mark not that I am counting lol. Still get cravings from time to time and I have not noticed any extra money but that's probably gone into food as a shop for me and the missus is a pretty standard $240 a week these days in grocery's.

My burst of weight gain has leveled out about 6 months ago so overall gained 40kg.

Do I feel any better , apart from the no more coughing and the lack of cigarette stench I feel the same. Now its just the age catching up on me.

Good work, its tough.

I am pathetic. Have stopped and started twice in the last few years, went onto cigars, and have been quit a few weeks again now.. never smoked much though, one or two a day.

Must say, food is a lot better as a non smoker, you can actually enjoy the taste and appreciate the food and you no longer spend the meal waiting for it to be over so you can have a cigarette.

Unlike you I have managed to actually loose near 30kg over the last year or so and am very fit now, running, weight training and boot camping etc.

After a few years I still very much grave, its a bastard drug and I do think some people are stronger than others, I find it easier to tell myself to go for a 20k run than I do resisting a Cigar with a beer, looking at one of those E-Cigarettes if I get hooked again.

I'm a fairly compulsive person but was somehow able to give up smoking almost 10 years ago after being a heavy smoker for around 16-17 years with barely a tinge of craving when I stopped. It was kind of unplanned, I'd just always told myself - even as a teenager - that I would never smoke past the age of 30. Of course 30 seemed a long way away when I was 13-14 but suddenly there I was... 30 years old. Psychologically, I think I had so utterly convinced myself that I wouldn't smoke beyond 30 that I just stopped dead on my birthday and haven't smoked - or really craved ciggies - since.

Totally agree with Graham that food never tasted so good so I have to exercise (run everyday with the dog) in order to still satisfy my addiction to lots of food without becoming massive.

• Like 1

So it's not just me that noticed food is better!? And I can actually smell things now too.

Over here in Australia people are smoking everywhere and the more I see it the more I crave it. Still haven't had any though.

I used one of those E-Cigs (Elusion) in my last months of being a smoker. It's worse mate. Perhaps not in terms of health (as far as they say) but because you think its all good you're on it 24/7, the smoke burns the sh*t out of your tongue and you can't taste anything except the vapour all the time. Wouldn't recommend.

So it's not just me that noticed food is better!? And I can actually smell things now too.

Over here in Australia people are smoking everywhere and the more I see it the more I crave it. Still haven't had any though.

I used one of those E-Cigs (Elusion) in my last months of being a smoker. It's worse mate. Perhaps not in terms of health (as far as they say) but because you think its all good you're on it 24/7, the smoke burns the sh*t out of your tongue and you can't taste anything except the vapour all the time. Wouldn't recommend.

Was that the one without Nicotine?

Was reading the herald article on the weekend and it was referring to the ones with Nicotine. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=11121305

If Cigarettes had no nicotine in them we would not smoke them either, no one smokes for the flavor... and I can see you would keep puffing, chasing the dragon, if there was no Nicotine.

I do think these things will replace cigarettes over the next few years and seeing the tobacco companies are buying them up these will be the new money making addiction trap for them.

I do think these things will replace cigarettes over the next few years and seeing the tobacco companies are buying them up these will be the new money making addiction trap for them.

A friend of mine came across these about 10 years ago whilst on tour in Japan. In an inexplicable fit of entrpreneurialism he managed to convince the manufacturer to make him the sole importer in the States (he lives in LA). He made millions. Still makes a tidy profit (about US$250 per year) barely lifting a finger, though the influx of new brands has curtailed his mega income.

Can't say I approve of making money from people's addictions... Probably because I'm jealous.